Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 28 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka  (Read 5240 times)
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #15 on: July 29, 2012, 11:34 AM »

Good job Andy's on Centre Court today - it's raining at the moment at Wimbledon!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #16 on: July 29, 2012, 11:37 AM »

Saw the weather on bbc world today - showers, some heavy, clearing later in the afternoon.  Roof closed then and what an atmosphere that will create! w00t
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #17 on: July 29, 2012, 11:46 AM »

Saw the weather on bbc world today - showers, some heavy, clearing later in the afternoon.  Roof closed then and what an atmosphere that will create! w00t

The atmosphere will be amazing! Smile Though hopefully it's not going to be a nervewracking match like the last Andy-Stan match under the roof!
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #18 on: July 29, 2012, 11:56 AM »

C'mon Andy, beat pizza face.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #19 on: July 29, 2012, 12:04 PM »

Why is livescorehunter saying rain delay for the ladies match?  Surely the numpties down there had the roof closed confused
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #20 on: July 29, 2012, 12:23 PM »

Still in a state of shock. Wimbledon allowing play on a Sunday,when there is'nt the excuse of a huge backlog of unplayed matches.Then the players being allowed not to play in whites! Bearing all this in mind I'm not suprised they forgot to shut the roof when the rain came.
  Murray will win this one I'm sure.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #21 on: July 29, 2012, 12:26 PM »

David Ornstein, BBC Sport at Wimbledon

"Play starts under the Centre Court roof, with women's second seed Agnieszka Radwanska of Poland taking on Germany's Julia Goerges. The stands are filling up nicely but, again, many of the Olympic Family seats are currently unoccupied. The covers have been taken off Court One, but the outside courts remain draped in tarpaulin as the dark clouds linger."

I say let the punters that want to pay to sit in the seats that haven't been taken yet - should plan to be there on time Whistle
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #22 on: July 29, 2012, 12:41 PM »

Sounds like it's bucketing down at Wimbledon! raindelay
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #23 on: July 29, 2012, 12:44 PM »

I'm hoping Andy might get a standing ovation when he walks on CC - he sure deserves one.  This won't be your usual Wimbledon crowd [and even they came to life at end of the final] but more like Davis Cup like the dubs was.  Just hope there isn't a rash of red Swiss fans everwhere.  I've had the 'pleasure' of sitting amid Fed fans at 02 - yuk.  They couldn't understand when I didn't agree with them that he is such a marvellous person and walks on water. doh
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #24 on: July 29, 2012, 12:49 PM »

lol  One of the ladies that I'm going to Oz with next year is a huge Fed fan but she knows that I don't like him and I've only had to endure him the once.  

Oh, his doubles match will be delayed possibly - he's due to play on court 2 I think later with Stan.  He might have to play 2 matches tomorrow instead Whistle

Just caught a shot of a few Swiss fans.

cmon GB cmonandy
[ Last edit by Bevc July 29, 2012, 12:52 PM ] IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #25 on: July 29, 2012, 12:55 PM »

Okay so I'm guessing 2.30-3 for Andy
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #26 on: July 29, 2012, 12:56 PM »

Not following what's happening in the women's match right now but could be a bit earlier unless they go to a 3rd set?
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #27 on: July 29, 2012, 01:03 PM »

1st set to Goerges.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #28 on: July 29, 2012, 01:03 PM »

Okay so I'm guessing 2.30-3 for Andy

God I hope not!  I've only had about 3 hours sleep since last night!  I'm up for work in 6 hours Very Happy
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #29 on: July 29, 2012, 01:14 PM »

Bev the sacrifices you make in the cause of Andy..... clap
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 28 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »