Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 Go Down Reply
Author

Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka

(Read 7299 times)
Rachie
Seed

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #360 on: July 29, 2012, 04:32 PM »

Staan the man got his knickers in a twist when Fed came in to watch him! Poor thing!
Andy - Well done a drama free performance and some good play on display too Very Happy
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #361 on: July 29, 2012, 04:32 PM »

Andy has just gone off the court now. He's been signing autographs all this time, bless his  Adidas cotton socks.  Awwww

He didnt go until everyone was satisfied.  What a lovely guy he is.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #362 on: July 29, 2012, 04:33 PM »

Does Muzz play tomorrow?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #363 on: July 29, 2012, 04:33 PM »

well done Andy.  It seemed really tight to begin with but then Andy pulled ahead and apart from a brief wobble [I groaned at those 2 dfs] he kept there. 
While I know we shouldn't look too far ahead, does anyone know who he's likely to meet in QFs now that birdshit has flown?   
Agree re crowd Aileen but remember there were alot of Swiss there.  They were good at start and end but didn't seem to understand their role during the match itself.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #364 on: July 29, 2012, 04:34 PM »

Does Muzz play tomorrow?
No he doesn't jk.  He'll play 2nd round tues and then assuming he gets through will play wed, thur, fri [semi finals] and then a break before finals and bronze play off on sunday.  But of course the weather could create havoc with the schedules and Andy will have to expect to play one match on 1 vulnerable to the rain.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #365 on: July 29, 2012, 04:35 PM »

Well this win takes away the sadness I felt yesterday. Nice interview with Justin Gimblestob asked Andy how the pressure differed between Olympics and Wimbledon and Andy said there was pressure but at wmby that's all that was going on and the Olympics there's all kind of things going on and things to watch, but there was still pressure. He was very chatty. 
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #366 on: July 29, 2012, 04:35 PM »

Andy is a very good indoor player but not as good as Federer because Federer has played far more than Andy and has a lot more experience. So if they both make the final here and if it rains again, then that will favour Federer again, unfortunately.
However, maybe Andy has learned from that match. He learns all the time.
Fed will always be tough to beat, as will as the two others.

We will hope. Fingers X'ed
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #367 on: July 29, 2012, 04:37 PM »

Andy has just gone off the court now. He's been signing autographs all this time, bless his  Adidas cotton socks.  Awwww

He didnt go until everyone was satisfied.  What a lovely guy he is.
Typical of our Andy yet he gets so little credit for how well he behaves towards his fans.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #368 on: July 29, 2012, 04:37 PM »

well done Andy.  It seemed really tight to begin with but then Andy pulled ahead and apart from a brief wobble [I groaned at those 2 dfs] he kept there. 
While I know we shouldn't look too far ahead, does anyone know who he's likely to meet in QFs now that birdshit has flown?   

Darcis, Giraldo, Bogomolov or Almagro.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #369 on: July 29, 2012, 04:39 PM »

Typical of our Andy yet he gets so little credit for how well he behaves towards his fans.

Let's face it - from some sections of the media he gets very little credit for anything!
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #370 on: July 29, 2012, 04:41 PM »

Wll done to Andy, thought he played a good match.Did just as much as he needed to do to win,and did it in 2 sets.Brill.Onwards and upwards  yay GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS AS ALWAYS ANDY.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #371 on: July 29, 2012, 04:43 PM »

Just checked itf website and looks like Nole is in a dogfight with Fagnini [spelling?].  Tie break 7 points all but suspended because of the rain.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #372 on: July 29, 2012, 04:44 PM »

Scheduling is going to be a nightmare with only two matches completed so far today. Good that Andy's match is out of the way.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #373 on: July 29, 2012, 04:44 PM »

Well this win takes away the sadness I felt yesterday. Nice interview with Justin Gimblestob asked Andy how the pressure differed between Olympics and Wimbledon and Andy said there was pressure but at wmby that's all that was going on and the Olympics there's all kind of things going on and things to watch, but there was still pressure. He was very chatty. 
Hope someone can post a link to the interview. I cant access it from here.  John?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #374 on: July 29, 2012, 04:45 PM »

Darcis, Giraldo, Bogomolov or Almagro.
Thanks Elena - on rankings that would be Almagro I guess but of course anything could happen and I'm certainly not counting any chickens that Andy will still be there as there will be at least one tough match before then I imagine.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »