Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 Go Down Reply
Author

Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka

(Read 6479 times)
scotjules
Satellite Level

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #390 on: July 29, 2012, 08:11 PM »

You got this match on Freeview?  You must be the only person I know who can!  I got it on BBC2.  How'd you manage it?

I didn't know it was on BBC 2. There's a channel number 301 after all the radio channels which seems to have constant Olympic programming. Saw Andy and Jamie's dubs were on it eventually yesterday after starting with it on the computer. Surprised you can't get it if I can. I'm on a reduced version of Freeview from a local repeater transmitter which doesn't include ITV 3 and 4!

I don't mind Tim Henman but have always thought he could easily many times have helped Andy about that wee football joke Andy made all these years ago which has caused so much bile and nastiness for Andy . He was there and could easily have said that Andy was only joking back at him after Tim dissed the Scottish team.

I'm sure I read/saw an interview with Tim where he did clear it up? Probably less media coverage of that though than the original articles!
[ Last edit by scotjules July 29, 2012, 08:24 PM ] IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #391 on: July 29, 2012, 08:20 PM »

I don't mind Tim Henman but have always thought he could easily many times have helped Andy about that wee football joke Andy made all these years ago which has caused so much bile and nastiness for Andy . He was there and could easily have said that Andy was only joking back at him after Tim dissed the Scottish team.

Don't think it's quite that simple when you're dealing with people who have their eyes shut and their fingers in their ears. 
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #392 on: July 29, 2012, 08:21 PM »

If you remember it is really Tim Henman's fault, he is the one that started the stupid conversation off, and poor Andy has had to live with this crap ever since!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #393 on: July 29, 2012, 08:59 PM »

He does. Every Wimbledon. Every other match.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #394 on: July 29, 2012, 09:01 PM »

If you remember it is really Tim Henman's fault, he is the one that started the stupid conversation off, and poor Andy has had to live with this crap ever since!
Behave. The only people to blame are the ignorant twats who keep on bringing it up.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #395 on: July 29, 2012, 09:43 PM »

I actually thought that it was a journalist that asked them the question and said to Andy, I suppose you'll be supporting Scotland (who hadn't qualified) but I could be wrong. dontknow
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #396 on: July 29, 2012, 09:54 PM »

I believe he has, on several occasions.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #397 on: July 29, 2012, 09:54 PM »

MT : "I'm sure I read/saw an interview with Tim where he did clear it up? Probably less media coverage of that though than the original articles!"

I've read many times that he did, but Andy critics will never let it go. They simply dont want to, no matter what anyone says.
They dont like Andy. End of story.
[ Last edit by lashurst July 29, 2012, 10:08 PM ] IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #398 on: July 29, 2012, 09:59 PM »

Hi lashurst!  So very true!
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #399 on: July 29, 2012, 10:02 PM »

I believe he has, on several occasions.
Bev, are you now rested after your beauty sleep? I'ts my turn to test out the matress now so you can take over here..

Nighty night.  zz
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #400 on: July 29, 2012, 10:20 PM »

While I'm no great fan of Tim H I too have heard him many times saying that it was a joke about the football.  And I think he's usually pretty fair towards Andy and is quite willing to say that Andy is a better player than he ever was and has achieved more.  So if he is jealous I don't think he allows it to get in the way of being supportive of Andy.   But of course he's also a good friend of smugfed's so when they're playing each other.....
Tj the comms did apologise at one point about the sound quality.  They said it was being looked into.  But it's not BBC who are filming so I guess they don't have any control over it.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #401 on: July 29, 2012, 10:29 PM »

Can we stop talking about this please.  Its a thing of the past and I dislike talking about it.   lets talk about Andy and his fantastic start  to these Olympics.  He probably got the hardest match out of all the seeds yet came through comfortably.  Impressive.   CMON ANDY!!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #402 on: July 29, 2012, 10:33 PM »

And he came through more easily than the other top seeds although I don't thnk Ferrer has played yet?
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #403 on: July 29, 2012, 10:41 PM »

And he came through more easily than the other top seeds although I don't thnk Ferrer has played yet?
Ferrer got through 6-4 6-4 v Pospisil, but yes - Fed, Djoko, Tsonga got taken to three sets
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #404 on: July 29, 2012, 10:47 PM »

Great start to his Olympics campaign, thought Andy was composed throughout the entire match.  I am I imagining this or do others agree, when Andy is facing break points etc. I feel less anxious than I used to as he seems to be able to make a big serve and move on from a bad point that he might have played to get himself into a wee bit of bother, all round just seems more in control and composed, great to see and if this is the Lendl effect then brilliant.

Thought Andy was solid today and effectively got the job done, think playing that doubles match yesterday (although the result was not what we wanted) was very beneficial in sharpening him up for today.  Although Stan W is not a player I would follow his results etc (I don't think I will ever get over him defeating Andy at the USO!!) I do have a sort of sympathy towards him It cannot be easy having to play doubles with Mr Smug and having to sit through the utter c*** that is spoken at the post math press conferences etc.  Watched Fed's match yesterday and he was well poor in the second set, but despite willing Falla on it was not to be!!  Don't want to get too ahead of myself one match at a time etc would love to see Andy defeat Mr Smug and shatter his dream as he has done to Andy three times now.

But only one match down and some more difficult ones to come, so onwards and upwards Andy.....
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »