Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Estimated time - 12:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] Go Down Reply
Author

Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka

(Read 7144 times)
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #405 on: July 29, 2012, 11:07 PM »

Great start to his Olympics campaign, thought Andy was composed throughout the entire match.  I am I imagining this or do others agree, when Andy is facing break points etc. I feel less anxious than I used to as he seems to be able to make a big serve and move on from a bad point that he might have played to get himself into a wee bit of bother, all round just seems more in control and composed, great to see and if this is the Lendl effect then brilliant.
I feel the same - now I almost expect an ace or big serve whereas before I'd feel more nervous, willing him not to double fault. I think gradually there is a Lendl effect happening, overall he seems much more focused in his matches and is going for his shots more.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #406 on: July 29, 2012, 11:08 PM »

Bev, are you now rested after your beauty sleep? I'ts my turn to test out the matress now so you can take over here..

Nighty night.  zz

Gosh, I'm shattered today but at work retard  Hopefully will catch up on some sleep tonight.

If Craig has uploaded the match on you tube, I hope to watch again, with English commentary and without it keeping freezing Very Happy

Great start for Andy - schedule may go to cock now.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #407 on: July 30, 2012, 12:18 AM »

I think Andy played well. He was far from his best, but that was only because he never needed to be at that level; Wawrinka never forced him into it. I recall about two really good points from Andy all match (that return winner and the slice to break). Wawrinka started well but after Andy broke there was only really going to be one winner. He did what he needed to do and no more.

Also would like to note that he looked assured and dominant throughout and whereas I'm normally jittery in these sort of matches, today I had no doubt in my mind that he was going to win (once he'd taken the first set anyway). No dips in concentration (bar perhaps those two double faults!), good on serve, played the break points well for the most part (when he didn't get aced) and never really gave Stan much of a chance to threaten.

It was a very confident performance and hopefully we see more of the same on Tuesday. Smile
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #408 on: July 30, 2012, 12:35 AM »

I think he played v. well too, v. composed - but neither Wawa nor Andy were serving their best so that might've affected the overall quality.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #409 on: July 30, 2012, 01:30 AM »

Yea, I too thought Andy was going to win so was never really all that worried. I didn't think he played particularly all that well but he didn't need to. He got the job done with minimum effort and it's still a straight set win.

I haven't decided anything as far as Rogers' Cup is concerned. Just want to see how things pan out here so will have to make some really last minute decisions. I may go there on Monday to see some matches of other players since it's our Civic Holiday but I need to see the lineup first. 
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #410 on: July 30, 2012, 03:17 AM »

I didn't know it was on BBC 2. There's a channel number 301 after all the radio channels which seems to have constant Olympic programming. Saw Andy and Jamie's dubs were on it eventually yesterday after starting with it on the computer. Surprised you can't get it if I can. I'm on a reduced version of Freeview from a local repeater transmitter which doesn't include ITV 3 and 4!
Actually it may not have been BBC2.  I might just have stumbled across the right channel purely by chance.  Anyway I'll certainly investigate 301.  Thanks. Smile
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #411 on: July 30, 2012, 02:06 PM »

Actually it may not have been BBC2.  I might just have stumbled across the right channel purely by chance.  Anyway I'll certainly investigate 301.  Thanks. Smile
BBC3 probably. Olympics being shown on 1, 3, and red button/301 on freeview. But all channels are available online (bbc.co.uk) if there's anything you particularly want to see not being shown on freeview.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Olympics 2012: R1 Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #412 on: July 30, 2012, 05:30 PM »

BBC3 probably. Olympics being shown on 1, 3, and red button/301 on freeview. But all channels are available online (bbc.co.uk) if there's anything you particularly want to see not being shown on freeview.
Thanks. Smile  I had already taken scotjules' advice and tried 301 where they were showing Baltacha's match earlier.  I don't mind watching tennis online really, since I only have Freeview and have had to get used to it, and subscribe to tennisTV and sometimes Eurosport iplayer for that reason, but just felt the BBC's info was a bit erroneous.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »