Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Olympics 2012 R2: Murray vs Nieminen 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 16 Go Down Reply
Author

Olympics 2012 R2: Murray vs Nieminen

(Read 6511 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Olympics 2012 R2: Murray vs Nieminen « on: July 30, 2012, 01:27 AM »

So, we are on to new ground for Andy, in that he's into the 2nd round of a singles Olympic tournament.

He next meets Jarkko Nieminen, who had a Vulcan mind melt moment the last time these 2 met (unless you are a follower of Dr Wade Whistle)

H2H below.

These have met at Wimbledon before, in 2010 when they played in front of Her Majesty, The Queen Very Happy

* Murray vs Nieminen Olympics.JPG (135.84 KB, 837x962 - viewed 107 times.)

* 8df57c5f.JPG (129.24 KB, 610x406 - viewed 528 times.)
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Olympics 2012 R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 01:34 AM »

Every time I look at Niemi, every time I feel "he must have become a tennis player by mistake. He should have been a chef."
IP Logged
Ivelina

Re: Olympics 2012 R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 07:33 AM »

^Especially when he's dressed in white,no?But he'd make a hot chef for sure. Little tongue man
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Olympics 2012 R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 09:03 AM »

Let's hope V Wade, T Haas et al are nowhere in sight for this one.  I hate to take anything for granted but if Andy continues his current form he should have few if any problems tomorrow.  Let's hope he's on CC as the weather forecast isn't too good I think.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Olympics 2012 R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 12:02 PM »

Hi All,

My only concern about this one is that it is bound to bring up the issue of Andy's back again. I just feel that even if things are said in commentary and Andy doesn't hear it, he doesn't need people putting a doubt in anyone's mind as to the legitimacy of the problem at the French. I mentioned the other day about Simon Reed calling it 'injury faking', which I was furious about, but it just goes to show what certain people within the sport, or on the periphery at least, think. Personally I think they are either blind or stupid to think Andy was putting it on that day, but there we are.

The thing is, Andy is big enough and experienced enough now not to take any notice of what anyone says, and he's certainly got enough about him not to care, but still. I just think it's all so positive at the moment that I don't want anything to get in the way for him.

As for the result, I suppose in best of three you can't take anything for granted, but to my mind if Andy plays as well as he did against Stan, and maybe even a little better (not that I really think he needs to step up too much to deal with Niemenen), I can only see one winner. I hope Andy just sticks his foot on Niemenen's neck early on and then jumps up and down on him.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Olympics 2012 R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 02:04 PM »

Anyone who claimed him to be faking have shown themselves up for the thick beings they are. What possible reason would he have to fake an injury? Why would he make himself look a bit foolish when attempting (and failing) to serve? Absolute buffoons.
[ Last edit by TheMadHatter July 30, 2012, 02:12 PM ] IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Olympics 2012 R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 02:08 PM »

Anyone who claimed him to be thinking have shown themselves up for the thick beings they are. What possible reason would he have to fake an injury? Why would he make himself look a bit foolish when attempting (and failing) to serve? Absolute buffoons.
Hi tmh - I think you meant faking not thinking?!   But absolutely agree with the sentiment and that Simon Reed has just shown himself up as a malevolent idiot who clearly follows the Virginia Creeper school of tennis commentary.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Olympics 2012 R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 02:12 PM »

Yes I did, good spot lol Will correct it now.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Olympics 2012 R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 03:29 PM »

Yes I did, good spot lol Will correct it now.
Hey MH... See you're on News Team. clap
Will you be doing some match reports in future?
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Olympics 2012 R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 04:02 PM »

Hey MH... See you're on News Team. clap
Will you be doing some match reports in future?
Thanks Scot. First report tomorrow. Don't expect the same standard we're used to from the other guys though. lol
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Olympics 2012 R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #10 on: July 30, 2012, 05:00 PM »

^Especially when he's dressed in white,no?But he'd make a hot chef for sure. Little tongue man

He's a cross between Gordon Ramsay and Curtis Stone. Curtis Stone is of course plenty hot. 

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Olympics 2012 R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #11 on: July 30, 2012, 05:03 PM »

Thanks Scot. First report tomorrow. Don't expect the same standard we're used to from the other guys though. lol

I guess it depends on the match a lot and how many times you are going to lose your sweet temper during writing it. Lots of "Jesus"s and "Christ"s to start with, no? :p
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Olympics 2012 R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #12 on: July 30, 2012, 09:50 PM »

Good luck with your first report tmh.  Let's hope it's a really good match from Andy's point of view.  I see Andy is on 2nd again on CC.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Olympics 2012 R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #13 on: July 30, 2012, 09:50 PM »

Do we know what time Andy is playing? Is it his turn to chance the rain?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Olympics 2012 R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #14 on: July 30, 2012, 10:02 PM »

Jan  he's on CC 2nd up so I guess about 2 to 2.30?  This could make him vulnerable to the rain abit later in the week I guess, assuming he's still there of course [and I hate to tempt fate]
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 16 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »