Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Olympics 2012 R2: Murray vs Nieminen 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 16 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Olympics 2012 R2: Murray vs Nieminen  (Read 4285 times)
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Olympics 2012 R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #30 on: July 31, 2012, 06:20 AM »

Come on Andy yay
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Olympics 2012 R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #31 on: July 31, 2012, 07:08 AM »

Can anyone tell me where you get the information that Andy is playing on Centre Court and that he follows a women's match? I can't see that on the website or am I reading it wrong?
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Olympics 2012 R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #32 on: July 31, 2012, 08:17 AM »

http://2012.itftennis.com/olympics/schedule/daily-schedule.aspx

I'll keep you right, Jan. Smile
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Olympics 2012 R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #33 on: July 31, 2012, 08:19 AM »

Many, many, thanks Andrew. Much appreciated.XX
IP Logged
Bladder

Re: Olympics 2012 R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #34 on: July 31, 2012, 09:29 AM »

Todays schedule

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=Olympics+tennis+schedule+for+today&oq=Olympics+tennis+schedule+for+today&gs_l=hp.12..33i29.5874.22418.0.25537.34.26.0.8.8.0.508.4119.3j18j3j0j1j1.26.0...0.0...1c.x06aPH5D6oI&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=d9be7a9c80e97857&biw=1280&bih=632
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Olympics 2012 R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #35 on: July 31, 2012, 09:41 AM »

Just having a cuppa then going to bed for a few hours.

This is what's listed on livescorehunter

14:30    Murray - Nieminen (Centre Court)
Live Streaming Video Tennis : Olympic Games
Tuesday (31 July) 14:30 (GMT +2)    
Olympic Games
This content will be published 1 hour(s) before Start Time

Hopefully there will be a link listed when I get up again.  Looked an overcast day in the city when I caught the NZ sports presenter on the news tonight.

I'm not worried about this match, like at was vs Stan.  Andy has an excellent record over Jarkko and he also has an excellent record vs lefties. yes

cmonandy cmon GB
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Olympics 2012 R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #36 on: July 31, 2012, 10:19 AM »

Skybet have the match on at 11:30am. Im sure thats an approximate time though and probably weather permitting. I don't think Andy will be aways on centre court. Not at the Olympics. It wouldn;t be fair.

Skybet have Andy 33-1 ON to win this one.

Hi All,

I'm probably about to get controversial, but I think there really is a case for Andy having all his matches on Centre Court, and never mind fairness. Andy is a Brit, it's a British Olympics. To my mind it's as simple as that. It won't be though, will it, the powers that be will insist on being 'fair'.

I sort of understand it for the majors, including Wimbledon, that they all have to take a turn on Court One, and we all know that Andy doesn't really care where he plays, but I just think Andy is our one hope of getting a medal in the tennis really, and maybe even going all the way, so I think it would be nice if he did get the chance to play all his matches on Centre.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Olympics 2012 R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #37 on: July 31, 2012, 10:22 AM »

cmonandy Go out there and be brilliant Andy, you're looking good!
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Olympics 2012 R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #38 on: July 31, 2012, 10:36 AM »

C'MON ANDY!!! Have a great day!!!
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Olympics 2012 R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #39 on: July 31, 2012, 10:36 AM »

I get my info from ITFtennis as I find wimbledon's site and apt. useless. Murray follows Djokovic's match on centre court,providing the powers that be remember how to operate the roof,if it rains.
  As this is Murray's second match,I fear he'll be out on Court1or2 for the quarter finals and semis that is if he gets that far. All this in the spirit of fairness I suppose.
  Murray will win this afternoon.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Olympics 2012 R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #40 on: July 31, 2012, 11:34 AM »

Hi All,

I'm probably about to get controversial, but I think there really is a case for Andy having all his matches on Centre Court, and never mind fairness. Andy is a Brit, it's a British Olympics. To my mind it's as simple as that. It won't be though, will it, the powers that be will insist on being 'fair'.

I sort of understand it for the majors, including Wimbledon, that they all have to take a turn on Court One, and we all know that Andy doesn't really care where he plays, but I just think Andy is our one hope of getting a medal in the tennis really, and maybe even going all the way, so I think it would be nice if he did get the chance to play all his matches on Centre.
I'm not sure who it is who decides the schedule for the olympics - is it the international tennis federation as it's their website which has the oop?  If so they wouldn't have to worry about charges of favouritism but then again I suspect they will, understandably, think that each of the top 3 should play on no 1 once at least.  But note smugfed still has to play on another court.  I don't think it's a problem for Andy unless there are rain delays and I have a feeling the weather is supposed to be improving during the week?
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Olympics 2012 R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #41 on: July 31, 2012, 12:49 PM »

Venus is currently gubbing my Canuck Wozniak, so Andy shouldn't be too much longer. Smile
My other Canuck (Raonic) is down 1st set to Tsonga.
Not a Canadian day, eh?
Time for a Brit one! yes
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Olympics 2012 R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #42 on: July 31, 2012, 12:51 PM »

yes looks like Andy could be on court within about half an hour. 
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Olympics 2012 R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #43 on: July 31, 2012, 12:52 PM »

Baggy is leading Gasquet (6-4, 4-4). Surprised Not sure which one I'd prefer in truth, assuming Andy can get past Jarkko.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Olympics 2012 R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #44 on: July 31, 2012, 12:54 PM »

Baggy is leading Gasquet (6-4, 4-4). Surprised Not sure which one I'd prefer in truth, assuming Andy can get past Jarkko.
Yes was just thinking the same tmh and Baggy now serving for the match I think.  I'm surprised he's beaten Gasquet so easily on grass and it suggests he's playing very well.  It will certainly boost his confidence to have an easy win over Gasquet.  And he's just won 6-4, 6-4.  Assuming Andy gets through today it makes me  nervous  . Still they will have both Andy's Wimbledon success fresh in their minds.  Not sure I'll be able to watch tomorrow as off visiting a friend in Yorkshire late pm.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 16 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »