Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Olympics 2012 R2: Murray vs Nieminen 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] Go Down Reply
Author

Olympics 2012 R2: Murray vs Nieminen

(Read 5263 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Olympics 2012 R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #225 on: August 01, 2012, 09:57 AM »

Apparently Laura asked Andy back in Indian Wells and it was felt that this was the best pairing for the team.  I'm sure the fact that they've played together before came into it and  Laura has played v well at the Olympics.   From what I've read in the paper, Andy was really keen to play mixed dubs as he's so determined to win a medal for GB and I guess he doesn't think mixed dubs will get in the way of his singles mission.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Olympics 2012 R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #226 on: August 01, 2012, 12:52 PM »

Hi All,

Posting on my iPad for a change.

According to the schedule I saw on the ITF's website Andy and Laura are on Court 18 later. Has that changed?

I wondered about the story about Heather being put out about Laura doing the Mixed with Andy. I wouldn't be surprised if the press are just being silly and making something out of nothing. If not, well, I have some sympathy to a point, but if Andy is doing the Mixed it makes sense for him to partner Laura because they've played together before.

I did wonder about the time of the Baggy match. If that goes long it presumably won't give him long to prepare for the Mixed. If the Baggy match was still to be going when Andy and Laura are due out (not that I expect that, just interested) what happens? Would they be scratched from the Mixed?

I'd like also to send my thoughts and prayers to Apollo at this difficult time.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Olympics 2012 R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #227 on: August 01, 2012, 12:57 PM »

Hi All,

Posting on my iPad for a change.

According to the schedule I saw on the ITF's website Andy and Laura are on Court 18 later. Has that changed?

I wondered about the story about Heather being put out about Laura doing the Mixed with Andy. I wouldn't be surprised if the press are just being silly and making something out of nothing. If not, well, I have some sympathy to a point, but if Andy is doing the Mixed it makes sense for him to partner Laura because they've played together before.

I did wonder about the time of the Baggy match. If that goes long it presumably won't give him long to prepare for the Mixed. If the Baggy match was still to be going when Andy and Laura are due out (not that I expect that, just interested) what happens? Would they be scratched from the Mixed?

I'd like also to send my thoughts and prayers to Apollo at this difficult time.
No I think that's still the schedule tj but what happens if the Baggy match goes late I've no idea. It was raining earlier so all the outside court matches might be delayed anyway.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »