Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 37 Go Down Reply
Author

Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis

(Read 7906 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis « on: August 01, 2012, 12:17 AM »

SCHEDULED 3RD ON CC after Williams/Zvonarava and Hewitt/Djokovic.  Estimated time - 4:00 pm.

Robson/Murray vs Hradacka/Stepanek scheduled 5th on Ct 18 (say 7:00/7:30 pm?) so could be a bit tight for Andy if earlier matches are long, although I assume players are still allowed the usual "suitable rest" period?  A 3-setter for this match wouldn't surprise me either, although I'm not making any predictions!

** Please discuss the mixed doubles match on the Andy at Olympics thread - http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/andy-murray/andy-at-olympics-2012/

[ Last edit by Aileen August 01, 2012, 02:28 AM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 01:49 AM »

Gosh, didn't realise that Andy would be playing again so soon!  Best catch up on my sleep again before the match.  I'm thinking a 3am to 4am start for me then.

As much as I like Marcos, and they do have a close H2H, got to go for Andy but will be a tad nervous - don't take anything for granted (even though Andy's won their last 3 meetings).

* Murray vs Baghdatis1.JPG (154.04 KB, 846x1082 - viewed 86 times.)
[ Last edit by Bevc August 01, 2012, 09:02 AM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 01:56 AM »

Craig - probably will be on my way to work when the doubles is on.  Can you record that for YouTube Murraysworld?  Please? Very Happy  Oh, only if it's available to record that is - I don't expect you to perform miracles (well not yet anyway lol ).
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 04:29 AM »

Gosh, didn't realise that Andy would be playing again so soon!  Best catch up on my sleep again before the match.  I'm thinking a 3am to 4am start for me then.

As much as I like Marcos, and they do have a close H2H, got to go for Andy but will be a tad nervous - don't take anything for granted (even tough Andy's won their last 3 meetings).
Great pics of both. Smile   Better catch up on your sleep Bev, because if Andy gets through, he'll be playing again on Thursday (QF)!

I must say the (real) Wimbledon score makes me feel nervous given this is best of 3.  Andy will have to play at least as well as he did then, if not better.  This is going to be his first big test of this tournament.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 06:56 AM »

Baggy plays hot and cold but agree this is going to be a lot harder for Andy.
However, he's playing gr8 and is obviously a man on a mission so
Come on yay yay yay
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 07:43 AM »

Skybet have Andy as 10-1 on. Yes thats right 10-1 ON. ON! As in not OFF.
Nuff Said. Debate over. Andy go whip some Cypriot butt!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 09:03 AM »

Let's reminise eh?  Not great quality.  Wonder if Craig's got something better Think

Sounds like Spanish commentary.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 09:50 AM »

Great pics of both. Smile   Better catch up on your sleep Bev, because if Andy gets through, he'll be playing again on Thursday (QF)!

I must say the (real) Wimbledon score makes me feel nervous given this is best of 3.  Andy will have to play at least as well as he did then, if not better.  This is going to be his first big test of this tournament.

Off to get, hopefully, 6 hours sleep wave  We might even have won some more medals today in the other sports by the time I get up cmon GB
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 09:52 AM »

So disappointed to be missing this one as I really like Baggy yet of course want Andy to dispatch him as quickly as possible.  Will put on record when I go to catch my train.  But if we could have the dubs on youtube as requeted by Bev that would be wonderful Craig.
If Andy wins and again tomorrow he'll be playing again Friday in the SFs. There's then a day's rest [but not if still in mixed] before finals on Sunday.
Assuming Andy gets through today - and while I'm disappointed at missing it I guess it could be a tense affair - do hope he's playing latish tomorrow so I can get home in time. 
Go Andy go. cmon yeah cmon yeah cmon yeah
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 10:14 AM »

Its gonna be a HELLISH day for me.   Sports are literally killing me theses days.  Got to go at tennis at 11:30 pm  playing until 1pm  then I will watch a bit of the Olympics.  (We need that Gold)  !!   Then I will watch the Baggy match.  NERVOUS.   Then I will watch some more of the swimming and more Olympics.  Then I will watch the Mixed dubs  wae Robbo.  Then I will watch The Celtic match  (Champs league qualifier)    This is going to be a longggggggggg  day.    TOOO much sport!!!!!  I'm hooked.

[ Last edit by johnkiernan35 August 01, 2012, 10:18 AM ] IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 11:19 AM »

With Baghdatis one of my favourite players altho, now without his army of noisy supporters I am sorry to have to wish his swift disposal at the hands of Murray. The pressure of this unnecessary mixed doubles requires this, as so many people say   no pressure
IP Logged
killieboyd
Satellite Level

Re: Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #11 on: August 01, 2012, 12:37 PM »

Its gonna be a HELLISH day for me.   Sports are literally killing me theses days.  Got to go at tennis at 11:30 pm  playing until 1pm  then I will watch a bit of the Olympics.  (We need that Gold)  !!   Then I will watch the Baggy match.  NERVOUS.   Then I will watch some more of the swimming and more Olympics.  Then I will watch the Mixed dubs  wae Robbo.  Then I will watch The Celtic match  (Champs league qualifier)    This is going to be a longggggggggg  day.    TOOO much sport!!!!!  I'm hooked.

Know the feeling and i am probably heading towards a divorce with all this sport on!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #12 on: August 01, 2012, 01:25 PM »

Back on the PC now!

Good luck to Andy for the Baggy match a bit later. Go out there, stick your chest out and put your foot on his neck as soon as you can son. cmonandy

Also, good luck to Andy and Laura for the mixed. I want to see that one, I didn't see the Hopman Cup.

What with Team GB getting their first gold today, let's hope we have a great day all round.

cmon GB
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #13 on: August 01, 2012, 02:48 PM »

So watched some swimming heats and then the rowing yay this morning. Then the women's cycling time trials and now tennis- glued to Hewitt v Djokovic match and would LOVE to see Hewitt beat Djokovic pray

But then as Murray plays then I'll have to have the laptop on to to follow the men's gymnastics individual

Such a great day of sport yay Will be so much easier next week- almost everything I follow is on this week  nervous
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Koala's are cute and cuddly

Re: Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #14 on: August 01, 2012, 03:49 PM »

Can't say more than whats been posted here already well done Andy. Psychologically all our Andy has to do is draw on the memory of his last match against Marcos three weeks ago here at Wimbledon in particular sets 3 and 4, playing with the same intensity and urgency (imagine he is up against the clock again), and keep Marcos running a lot.  If Andy can draw Marcos into this memory too, its likely the effects of this could be the opposite to Andy and that is Marcos may start to feel negative about his chances. Good luck Andy. Believe! yay
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 37 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »