Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 Go Down Reply
Author

Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis

(Read 7804 times)
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #495 on: August 01, 2012, 07:16 PM »

Look was a great performance by Roger with a little help from Stan to win gold 4 years ago realistically Roger is here to win the singles! Fedrinka were never likely to win the doubles this time as long as Roger remained in the singles draw!

I seem to remember a lot of help from Stan in Beijing! Doubt Fed would have been able to win playing with anyone else.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #496 on: August 01, 2012, 07:19 PM »

An interesting scenario.
Whatever - it seems Miss Watson's nose has been put a little out of joint -

http://www.10sballs.com/2012/08/01/british-olympic-mixed-doubles-selection-becomes-a-feud/
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #497 on: August 01, 2012, 07:19 PM »

As far as I know there has not been ONE mention of Andys wins this week, on Sky News (TV). I dont know if the BBC, UK  is just as bad?
I can only get the BBC World news here.

If so it's poor coverage of our home grown No.1 tennis star.

Comments?

IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #498 on: August 01, 2012, 07:19 PM »

http://www.10sballs.com/2012/08/01/british-olympic-mixed-doubles-selection-becomes-a-feud/

Yeah, I saw something yesterday that she wasn't happy.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #499 on: August 01, 2012, 07:22 PM »

Love Baggy but not when he's playing Andy.  hug

Well done Andy and good luck for later with Laura.

Well I guess I should just have breakfast now, since I have to be up for work in half an hour yawn
Bev, NZ is the place we would love to explore - it would be on a Titan tour, a company we go with to America, but if we did it on our own via a camper van then I would so love to meet you. It won't happen - I'm 70 and we need to be coached around but it is a dream which needs a lottery win. You are such a staunch Andy supporter and the sleep you lose is phenominal. Good on you girl - it'sd a privilege to know you.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #500 on: August 01, 2012, 07:25 PM »

I can understand her point, on paper the best choice, but Andy and Laura had a great working chemistry when they did well together playing before, so I agree with his choice.

Might become moot though since the match tonight isn't happening because of Andy's longer match
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #501 on: August 01, 2012, 07:26 PM »

I guess only in the Olympics you have to have three hours between matches as I remember the Williams sisters running to play a doubles match right after a singles match. I hope it gets rescheduled as it is another chance for Andy.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #502 on: August 01, 2012, 07:26 PM »

As far as I know there has not been ONE mention of Andys wins this week, on Sky News (TV). I dont know if the BBC, UK  is just as bad?

Comments?
On Sky News in Britain Andy's wins are always mentioned and his matches often qualify for a special mention. His popularity has grown since Wimbledon and the match today signified this with all the Andy chants, the applause and shouts when he won a point - he smiled and they loved it. Hopefullyhe is on the up as far as the Brits are concerned - ABOUT TIME TOO!
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #503 on: August 01, 2012, 07:30 PM »

There's quite a bit of interest/ support and coverage of Andy here. Unfortunately there's just not enough channels to watch everything but they've been making sure Andy's on the red button so far. So many sports that get so little tv coverage the rest of the year that I'm okay with having to go online for most the tennis at the Olympics Smile
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #504 on: August 01, 2012, 07:32 PM »

Yeah, I saw something yesterday that she wasn't happy.
From that article - "The selection decision seemed to be made by Murray after discussions with Team GB officials including his mother Judy who captains Watson and Robson in the Fed Cup."

I really do wish they'd kept his mother out of this.  Another stick to beat Andy with.

As far as I know there has not been ONE mention of Andys wins this week, on Sky News (TV). I dont know if the BBC, UK  is just as bad?

Comments?
Ignored so far by the BBC (on TV anyway).  Too much sport to choose from.  However nothing has even been mentioned on the BBC's 10 min Scottish news either.  Might get a mention there now Andy's through to the QF.

On Sky News in Britain Andy's wins are always mentioned and his matches often qualify for a special mention. His popularity has grown since Wimbledon and the match today signified this with all the Andy chants, the applause and shouts when he won a point - he smiled and they loved it. Hopefullyhe is on the up as far as the Brits are concerned - ABOUT TIME TOO!
Yes that was great to hear.  I knew I could wander off for a quick break from time to time and tell by the noise who had won a point!

If Sky can do it, then why not the BBC - and what about BBC Scotland?   Disgraceful.
[ Last edit by Aileen August 01, 2012, 07:37 PM ] IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #505 on: August 01, 2012, 07:33 PM »

I can understand her point, on paper the best choice, but Andy and Laura had a great working chemistry when they did well together playing before, so I agree with his choice.

Might become moot though since the match tonight isn't happening because of Andy's longer match

I'm three days behind on MW, so sorry if this has been discussed already.

Re the Andy/Laura pairing - they have played together before, and I also wonder whether Andy is happier playing with a left hander like Jamie.

Also - see that they're playing Stepanek who lost at doubles with Berdych  (today I think) going to 24-22 in 3rd set, in 4hrs 21mins - so maybe why they've postponed?
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #506 on: August 01, 2012, 07:35 PM »

Andy in 3.
Whistle

See EJ, I do get them right occasionally.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #507 on: August 01, 2012, 07:36 PM »

Poor Heather but whichever one was chosen there would have been controversy. It seems they will play tomorrow.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #508 on: August 01, 2012, 07:37 PM »

The media have taken this way out of proportion. One spot up for grabs, two of them wanted it, the one who didn't was a little disappointed, end of story. We know what Heather's like and I'm sure that she'll be over it quickly and be offering them her whole support. It's just like the media to sensationalise everything. "Feud" my arse.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #509 on: August 01, 2012, 07:41 PM »

Whistle

See EJ, I do get them right occasionally.
I said Andy in 3 too, but my goodness I was shaking by the end of the 3rd.  Baggy wasn't going quietly!

The media have taken this way out of proportion. One spot up for grabs, two of them wanted it, the one who didn't was a little disappointed, end of story. We know what Heather's like and I'm sure that she'll be over it quickly and be offering them her whole support. It's just like the media to sensationalise everything. "Feud" my arse.
I never take news headlines at face value or their stories either.  They thrive on sensationalism because it attracts people's attention.  Fortunately Andy's win has now taken over.  Sports news is very fleeting at the moment. 
[ Last edit by Aileen August 01, 2012, 07:46 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »