Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 Go Down Reply
Author

Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis

(Read 7785 times)
Elena
Seed

Re: Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #525 on: August 01, 2012, 10:05 PM »

Court 1 tomorrow, 12.00 start

Men's Singles - Quarterfinals
Nicolas ALMAGRO (ESP) [11]  V   Andy MURRAY (GBR) [3]

Women's Singles - Quarterfinals
Serena WILLIAMS (USA) [4]  V   Caroline WOZNIACKI (DEN) [8]

Men's Singles - Quarterfinals
Kei NISHIKORI (JPN) [15]  V   Juan Martin del POTRO (ARG) [8]

Mixed Doubles - 1st Round
ROBSON / MURRAY (GBR)  V   HRADECKA / STEPANEK (CZE)
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #526 on: August 01, 2012, 10:11 PM »

Andy and Almagro first on Court no. 1 tomorrow. 12.00. Weather doesnt look too bad, a bit cloudy with sunny periods.

18.00 hrs Andy/Laura also Ct.1
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #527 on: August 01, 2012, 10:16 PM »

Damn, going to need to get up before lunchtime tomorrow then.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #528 on: August 01, 2012, 10:39 PM »

I seem to remember a lot of help from Stan in Beijing! Doubt Fed would have been able to win playing with anyone else.

There was a lot of help from Stan but not according to Fed.  This was a question he answered at the US Open 08 about the gold medal.

http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=51909

Q. The two matches you've had this week have been some of your more comfortable wins over the summer. Winning the gold medal in Beijing in the doubles, even though it's a different discipline, is that confidence you've been able to take into your singles game moving forward?

ROGER FEDERER: Well, maybe wasn't confidence. It was fun. It was good for -- it inspired me. It was an unbelievable couple of weeks for me, and I left it with good spirits instead of leaving, you know, on a quarterfinals that I lost.
So from that perspective it helped. I really thought I played, you know, great in doubles throughout the tournament. I really carried Stan through a few matches, you know, and then after that he really started to play well. I was just happy that I was finally playing good doubles again, because I never really did that well anymore in doubles, which was really disappointing for me.
IP Logged
geo1

Re: Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #529 on: August 01, 2012, 11:36 PM »

There was a lot of help from Stan but not according to Fed.  This was a question he answered at the US Open 08 about the gold medal.

http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=51909

Q. The two matches you've had this week have been some of your more comfortable wins over the summer. Winning the gold medal in Beijing in the doubles, even though it's a different discipline, is that confidence you've been able to take into your singles game moving forward?

ROGER FEDERER: Well, maybe wasn't confidence. It was fun. It was good for -- it inspired me. It was an unbelievable couple of weeks for me, and I left it with good spirits instead of leaving, you know, on a quarterfinals that I lost.
So from that perspective it helped. I really thought I played, you know, great in doubles throughout the tournament. I really carried Stan through a few matches, you know, and then after that he really started to play well. I was just happy that I was finally playing good doubles again, because I never really did that well anymore in doubles, which was really disappointing for me.

What you fail to understand where Fed is concerned is that he merely speaks the simple truth. All true fed fans understand this don't ya know....
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #530 on: August 01, 2012, 11:43 PM »

I'm sure the decision was not up entirely up to Andy.

Look I am sure Murray and GB Tennis have made the call for a reason! But as I say you definitely have to feel for Watson she must be wondering why Robson and not her you get the feeling there is more to this than meets the eye....
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #531 on: August 01, 2012, 11:44 PM »

Look I am sure Murray and GB Tennis have made the call for a reason! But as I say you definitely have to feel for Watson she must be wondering why Robson and not her you get the feeling there is more to this than meets the eye....
Because Andy and Laura have played together before. And she personally asked him a few months ago.

That's all there is to it. Quite clearly.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #532 on: August 01, 2012, 11:53 PM »

Because Andy and Laura have played together before. And she personally asked him a few months ago.

That's all there is to it. Quite clearly.

That was two and half years ago lots changes in tennis Watson has proved herself to be a superior player to Robson as things stand! Apart from ranking can you spot any other difference between Robson and Watson?
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #533 on: August 01, 2012, 11:59 PM »

That was two and half years ago lots changes in tennis Watson has proved herself to be a superior player to Robson as things stand! Apart from ranking can you spot any other difference between Robson and Watson?
Murray and Robson have a lot of chemistry which is most likely important to him. Perhaps it shouldn't be but I certainly think it's understandable.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #534 on: August 02, 2012, 12:05 AM »

Why are you determined to stir up something?

Oh and they played together last year as well. That's two more tournaments more than Andy's ever played with Heather.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #535 on: August 02, 2012, 01:40 AM »

Bev, NZ is the place we would love to explore - it would be on a Titan tour, a company we go with to America, but if we did it on our own via a camper van then I would so love to meet you. It won't happen - I'm 70 and we need to be coached around but it is a dream which needs a lottery win. You are such a staunch Andy supporter and the sleep you lose is phenominal. Good on you girl - it'sd a privilege to know you.

Well if you do win the lottery, you call by any time!  We'll take you to see a few of the sights Very Happy
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #536 on: August 02, 2012, 01:42 AM »

Why are you determined to stir up something?

I'm just wondering the same myself Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #537 on: August 02, 2012, 09:49 AM »

Oh, was listening to Radio 2 today at work (as I always do) and had the Chris Evans show on from Wednesday and he was chatting to Timmy about the tennis at the Olympics and Andy's prospects in this match - about 2 1/2 hours in. Very Happy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01l7prt/The_Chris_Evans_Breakfast_Show_01_08_2012/
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #538 on: August 02, 2012, 10:29 AM »

Murray and Robson have a lot of chemistry which is most likely important to him. Perhaps it shouldn't be but I certainly think it's understandable.

Is that a subtle way of saying Murray wants to **** her?
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Olympics 2012 R3: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #539 on: August 02, 2012, 11:16 AM »

Is that a subtle way of saying Murray wants to f**k her?

other way round I would say.  Muzz isn't like that.     Can't wait for the Mixed.  Its gonna be fun  Very Happy
[ Last edit by johnkiernan35 August 02, 2012, 11:59 AM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »