Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Wednesday night, Est. time - 1:30am BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Onward to victory! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Can he beat Lleyton?  (Voting closed: January 13, 2006, 04:51 PM)
Yes - 11 (73.3%)
No - 4 (26.7%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Reply
Author

Onward to victory!

(Read 1170 times)
davidB
John McEnroe

If at first you don't succeed, you fail.

Onward to victory! « on: January 13, 2006, 04:51 PM »

I'm just curious as to how exactly Andy plans to escape his second round match at the Aussie open... the draws are on the site and if Andy makes through his first round match he'll have to face Lleyton Hewitt shocking  he has a tough draw ahead of him... some of his victims... or conguerers could be Grosjean and Coria just to name a few
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Onward to victory! « Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 05:00 PM »

As long as we see some of the Andy that gave Federer a challenge then I think he can.
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

Onward to victory! « Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 05:01 PM »

andy could beat anyone
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Onward to victory! « Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 05:02 PM »

I have to say no here, Hewitt has far more experience and I don't think Andy'll beat him. We just have to be realistic, he didn't beat Byrdich either  no
I hope I'm wrong  dontknow
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

Onward to victory! « Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 05:04 PM »

i didnt say he will beat him if he plays him, in fact if they play i think andy will prob lose, however the question was CAN andy beat hewitt?not will.maybe im being overly pedantic though.
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Onward to victory! « Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 05:07 PM »

I know, but I was like: He won't and he can't for the moment... You know, in case they meet. But isn't your opinion about if he will the same if he can... If you say he will that means he can  dontknow I'm confused by my own words  #-o
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

Onward to victory! « Reply #6 on: January 13, 2006, 05:09 PM »

Quote from: "dentie"
I know, but I was like: He won't and he can't for the moment... You know, in case they meet. But isn't your opinion about if he will the same if he can... If you say he will that means he can  dontknow I'm confused by my own words  #-o

upfunny  I think that almost take the award for the most confusing post off of Hollie... but not quite  Wink
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

Onward to victory! « Reply #7 on: January 13, 2006, 05:11 PM »

i would have said can means 'is there a possibility (however small) that andy could beat him' although in this sort of context i would say a reasonable possibility which i think there is.will means more 'what do u think the result will be' and in this case i think andy would prob lose.its a very subtle point in language
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Onward to victory! « Reply #8 on: January 13, 2006, 05:14 PM »

Okay, one thing though, there is always the slightest chance of something happening so I think everybody here thinks he can in some way.
But you're right about the will thing, so, yes he can but I don't think he will...
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

Onward to victory! « Reply #9 on: January 13, 2006, 05:36 PM »

sorry i just think about things like that very logically and pedantically
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Onward to victory! « Reply #10 on: January 13, 2006, 05:40 PM »

Quote from: "iaintheviolaplayer"
sorry i just think about things like that very logically and pedantically

Such horrors come from being a mathmo...
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

Onward to victory! « Reply #11 on: January 13, 2006, 06:12 PM »

indeed.very true
IP Logged
heavenlyangel
Challenger Level

Onward to victory! « Reply #12 on: January 13, 2006, 06:16 PM »

I'm not to worried about Andy possibly facing Hewitt at the moment to be honest as Hewitt has been having a run of bad luck lately be nice if that continued lol but am confident Andy could beat Hewitt.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Onward to victory! « Reply #13 on: January 13, 2006, 09:45 PM »

I think considering what Andy is capable of and the rocky road that Hewitt faced in 2005.. and might possibly be repeated in 2006.. will mean that there's a chance for both.
I won't say that Andy will win, or Hewitt will win.. because honestly i think there's an equal chance of things going either way.
We all know how amazing Andy's tennis can be... and i think he's got what it takes to overcome Hewitt, but nothing is ever easy, and i really mean it for this (possible) match.
All i can say is that i think Andy should take it one match at a time. This is a crucial part of his carrear, as it's his first full season "with the big boys." ..he has to make the most of it, because he's got the talent, a very supportive family.. and a whole country backing him up.  goodjob
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Onward to victory! « Reply #14 on: January 13, 2006, 09:51 PM »

Yeah, I agree with taking it one match at a time...
I still don't think Andy has a good chance of beating Lleyton  no Normally I'm very optimistic, but this time...
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »