Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Paris 2011 R3 : Murray v Roddick 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Reply
Author

Paris 2011 R3 : Murray v Roddick

(Read 2647 times)
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Paris 2011 R3 : Murray v Roddick « Reply #120 on: November 10, 2011, 11:36 AM »

Nah.......You can't be too generous in victory! A certain other top player could learn a lot from Andy! Whistle
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Paris 2011 R3 : Murray v Roddick « Reply #121 on: November 10, 2011, 11:38 AM »

ANDY MURRAY: "He's been number one in world, a Grand Slam champion, one of the best players in the last 10 years and always difficult to play against. I started the match really well and got up an early break. He's a player who can build pressure by serving well and going after you in return games, but because I made a good start I was able to dominate."

I think that's too generous of you Andy.  You were able to dominate because you are twice the player that Roddick is (or ever was, IMO)

True, but Roddick was one of those lucky players - think Ivanisevic, Hewitt - who snuck a slam in between the Sampras and Federer eras. What Murray would give for a cheap US Open.
IP Logged
notnek
Futures Level

Re: Paris 2011 R3 : Murray v Roddick « Reply #122 on: November 10, 2011, 11:40 AM »

So typical of Andy to be so nice about Roddick! He never puts other players down! That's one of the things I love most about him!
I'm a huge fan of praising Andy but don't most top players praise their opponents after a match they've won (even Federer!)? It's something you learn to do as a professional player.
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: Paris 2011 R3 : Murray v Roddick « Reply #123 on: November 10, 2011, 11:41 AM »

True, but Roddick was one of those lucky players - think Ivanisevic, Hewitt - who snuck a slam in between the Sampras and Federer eras. What Murray would give for a cheap US Open.

True! But think how much sweeter those slams will be when they start arriving, which they surely will, just like a Glasgow bus.  You wait ages for one, then you get three or four in a row!
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Paris 2011 R3 : Murray v Roddick « Reply #124 on: November 10, 2011, 11:41 AM »

Tipsy/Berdych game bizarre!  I checked over after Andy's match to see Tipsy ahead 5-1... now I see Berdych won 1st set!  Tipsy currently 4-2 in 2nd.
Can't call who will face Andy yet... anyone's match.

It's a big match, too, cos it decides the last 3 places at the WTF. If Berdych wins, it's signed and sealed that he, Fish and Tsonga will go to London. If Tipsy wins, he keeps his hopes alive. Berdych has never beaten Tipsy.
IP Logged
toady
Junior

Re: Paris 2011 R3 : Murray v Roddick « Reply #125 on: November 10, 2011, 11:43 AM »

Tipsy/Berdych game bizarre!  I checked over after Andy's match to see Tipsy ahead 5-1... now I see Berdych won 1st set!  Tipsy currently 4-2 in 2nd.

The longer it lasts, the better for Andy!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Paris 2011 R3 : Murray v Roddick « Reply #126 on: November 10, 2011, 11:46 AM »

I'm a huge fan of praising Andy but don't most top players praise their opponents after a match they've won (even Federer!)? It's something you learn to do as a professional player.
Nope......He pretends to, but can't resist dropping in the odd snide remark!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Paris 2011 R3 : Murray v Roddick « Reply #127 on: November 10, 2011, 11:49 AM »

In Basel it was the right gluteal.     I think Andy hits the nail on the head when he says everyone
has niggles at the stage of the season.    We're more worried than he is (I hope).    Great play
today.
Oh sorry.  Yes, it was the right gluteal in Basel.  At least Andy has the benefit of a personal physio who'll definitely be monitoring the problem

Nope......He pretends to, but can't resist dropping in the odd snide remark!
I've yet to hear Federer praise an opponent outright.  He always has to get a negative dig in somewhere.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Paris 2011 R3 : Murray v Roddick « Reply #128 on: November 10, 2011, 11:56 AM »

And Berdych it is......  Stunning comeback!
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Paris 2011 R3 : Murray v Roddick « Reply #129 on: November 10, 2011, 11:56 AM »

It's Berdych in the QFs.
Also, Djokovic loses the first set to Troicki!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Paris 2011 R3 : Murray v Roddick « Reply #130 on: November 10, 2011, 12:06 PM »

And Berdych it is......  Stunning comeback!
Amazing.  Bet Tipsy feels like crawling under a stone.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Paris 2011 R3 : Murray v Roddick « Reply #131 on: November 10, 2011, 12:57 PM »

Looks like Djoko's shoulder isn't giving him any trouble at the moment!  Whistle Oh! silly me, it only gives him trouble if he is losing!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Paris 2011 R3 : Murray v Roddick « Reply #132 on: November 10, 2011, 01:16 PM »

Also, Djokovic loses the first set to Troicki!
Was never really in doubt. Once Nole dropped a gear in 2nd set he was scary sharp.  Poor Viktor looked like a deer caught in headlights.  On his last service game he (Viktor) complained to umpire about state of baseline on centre court. There was quite a noticeable gap on the baseline.  I didn't realise the court was put together like a giant jigsaw puzzle.  They need to fix that (shades of USO fiasco).
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Paris 2011 R3 : Murray v Roddick « Reply #133 on: November 10, 2011, 02:57 PM »

I got up around 6ish and checked the results right away. The match was finished by then. Looks like our Andy made a monkey out of the other Andy. Apparently Andy had 16 FH winners alone while Roddick had 4 winners in total. Total winners 27 - 4 . In yesterday's match, Andy made only 9 errors. I don't have today's errors available but I am guessing he's kept that in check as well. His first serve % is lower than Roddick's. Looks like he served well in the first set but took a dip in the 2nd; however, he was very successful in the 2nd set as he won 100% of his first serve points. His break point conversions were also better than yesterday. Converted 4 out of 6.

Next up is Berdych. I would have preferred Tipsy. Am afraid of the Bird man I must admit. He is dangerous and unpredictable whilst Tipsy is more consistent and predictable.

Their H2H 2-1 Berdych. Tomas won the last two matches. Tough match ahead for Andy and for us. Andy is a better player these days though but still. I’ve got the butterflies all tied up in stomach already.

I understand if Andy makes the final here, he secures the # 3 ranking for the year? If that’s so, then I hope he does it here and goes into WTF with free of mind and pressure.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: Paris 2011 R3 : Murray v Roddick « Reply #134 on: November 10, 2011, 02:59 PM »

From a Dutch News site; Murray made a great impression....

Murray rumbles on over Roddick
Andy Murray continued his winning run in Paris in a big way on. The Scot, who with three tournament victories in a row in Paris reported, put the American Andy Roddick 6-2, 6-2 to watch.

Murray made ​​a great impression, sharp service, perfect drop shots and excellent footwork beaten. He broke Roddick in the opening game of both sets, the margin then easily expand.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »