Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 34 Go Down Reply
Author

Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych

(Read 4784 times)
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych « on: November 10, 2011, 10:16 PM »

At 2-1, Berdych is one of the few people on tour with a winning head to head against Murray. Whilst this will be no easy match for Muzza, I think 2 factors will see him earn a straight sets win.

1: Andy has earned himself an aire of Djokovic like invincibility.

2: Berdych is quite simply not the player he was when he recorded his 2w's.

Andy 7-5 and 4...

* Untitled-1.jpg (242.04 KB, 652x500 - viewed 526 times.)
[ Last edit by drchef November 11, 2011, 12:49 AM ] IP Logged
dave_ladder
Junior

Re: Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych « Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 10:22 PM »

Should be quite an interesting match I think. Apart from at the French Open last year (which doesn't really tell you much as to where they stand on other surfaces) they haven't played each other since Murray really established himself on tour.
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych « Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 10:40 PM »

Thanks for the H2H....now I have to worry.....no I will have faith that Andy will get him....when did Andy have his win and when did Berdych have his wins???
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych « Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 10:46 PM »

Think Andy will do this in straight sets.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych « Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 11:05 PM »

Thanks for the H2H drchef, even though its not favourable on the surface!  Andy will do this in 3 maaaaybe 2. He is confident and will not want to leave the tournay now. He'll fight tooth and nail!
 cmon yeah cmon yeah
IP Logged
dave_ladder
Junior

Re: Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych « Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 11:38 PM »

Thanks for the H2H....now I have to worry.....no I will have faith that Andy will get him....when did Andy have his win and when did Berdych have his wins???

They played two matches a long time ago (Murray won in Basel in 2005 and Berdych won in Adelaide in 2006). Those were the only two matches other than at last year's French Open when Berdych won in straight sets.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych « Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 11:51 PM »

At 2 to 1 Berdych is one of the few people on tour with a winning head to head against Murray. Whilst this will be no easy match for Muzza, I think 2 factors will see him earn a straight sets win.

1: Andy has earned himself an aire of Djokovic like invincibility

2: Berdych is quite simply not the player he was when he recorded his 2w's.

Andy 5 and 4...

GBR not good enough anymore on the H2H? Whistle

You can discount the 1st 2 matches - Andy was just starting out - and clay wasn't his best surface but has come on leaps and bounds this year. 

* H2H match stats.PNG (12.74 KB, 672x193 - viewed 491 times.)
[ Last edit by Bevc November 10, 2011, 11:55 PM ] IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych « Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 12:00 AM »

GBR not good enough anymore on the H2H? Whistle

Keen eyes Bev Smile Im just turning the "Scottish when he's losing British when he's winning" thing on its head.
[ Last edit by drchef November 11, 2011, 12:09 AM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych « Reply #8 on: November 11, 2011, 12:05 AM »

Very Happy  I always think of him being British, just like me Very Happy

Andy scheduled 1st on centre court with play starting at 2 pm, local time, so I'm guessing 1pm start in the UK.  2 am start for me yawn
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych « Reply #9 on: November 11, 2011, 12:11 AM »

He'll take this one 6-4 6-3.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych « Reply #10 on: November 11, 2011, 12:21 AM »

,I think he will do it in two   Good luck Andy .
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych « Reply #11 on: November 11, 2011, 12:48 AM »

Losing to Berdych on clay is not exactly a good thing and that happened only last year. Berdych is not your traditional clay courter. He's more known as a hard courter though he has a tiny title on clay. Also, Berdych won this title back in 2005 while Andy never made past qtr final here. Apart from Federer and Novak, Berdych should be his toughest opponent. Andy will have to be in the match right from the start.

Of course Andy is playing much better this year especially lately but still, Berdych may just come out firing. In that case, the only thing that can go wrong for him is that, he's a bit of a choker and Andy is a smart player. I am still picking Andy and possibly in two sets but it might not be as easy as his today's match.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych « Reply #12 on: November 11, 2011, 01:14 AM »

I think Andy will probably win, but I hope Berdych gives him a good test today.  With the prospect of Federer in the SF and the O2 coming up he needs to meet some stiffer opposition now.  Berdych's a cool customer and capable of causing an upset if given the chance.  I'd agree he's a bit of a choker though.  Watched him play Federer last year and had him decidedly rattled after 2 close sets, but then at 4-2 up in the 3rd Berdych just let it all slip away from him by producing too many UEs.  Unless Andy comes out firing on all cylinders, keeps his own cool and his focus, then I can see this going to three sets.  Could well turn into a nailbiter for his fans.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych « Reply #13 on: November 11, 2011, 06:23 AM »

Losing to Berdych on clay is not exactly a good thing and that happened only last year. Berdych is not your traditional clay courter. He's more known as a hard courter though he has a tiny title on clay. Also, Berdych won this title back in 2005 while Andy never made past qtr final here. Apart from Federer and Novak, Berdych should be his toughest opponent. Andy will have to be in the match right from the start.

Of course Andy is playing much better this year especially lately but still, Berdych may just come out firing. In that case, the only thing that can go wrong for him is that, he's a bit of a choker and Andy is a smart player. I am still picking Andy and possibly in two sets but it might not be as easy as his today's match.

People wouldn't say that clay is Andy's favoured surface but he's come on leaps and bounds since then.  Berdych had a good run last year.

Berdych's run to the final in 2005

En route to the final, he beat Jiří Novák, second seed Guillermo Coria, 13th seed Juan Carlos Ferrero, seventh seed Gastón Gaudio, eighth seed Radek Štěpánek, and sixth seed Ivan Ljubičić in the final, 6–3, 6–4, 3–6, 4–6, 6–4.

Andy knows the task ahead and body permitting, I'm sure that he'll be up for it.

cmonandy
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych « Reply #14 on: November 11, 2011, 08:18 AM »

Cool, confident Murray can do this!  Good luck, Andy.   cmonandy
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 34 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »