Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 34 Go Down Reply
Author

Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych

(Read 4773 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych « Reply #15 on: November 11, 2011, 09:09 AM »

I'm with our man but could be a tough match as he himself would say.  Dislike Berdych so do NOT want him to be the guy to stop Andy's winning streak.  Come to think of it I don't want his likely SF and F opponents to do so either [though I guess Tsonga might make it to the final and I do like him].
Hope it's not too nailbiting.  Had an exhausting week and could do with a bit of relaxation this afternoon.  So yes a stern test to prepare him for 02 Aileen but not TOO stern please! w00t

So go Andy go cmon yeah cmon yeah
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych « Reply #16 on: November 11, 2011, 09:34 AM »

I don't subsrcibe to the "Andy needs a tough match" philosophy. Quite the opposite, in fact. Andy needs a relatively quick, straightforward match so he's up ready and raring to go against Fed, who is also looking mighty sharp.

So, come on Andy, do it in two. May your serve be with you toot
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych « Reply #17 on: November 11, 2011, 10:06 AM »

cmonandy All the best! You can do this!!! 2 sets 6-3 6-4
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych « Reply #18 on: November 11, 2011, 10:22 AM »

Ok Andy......Berdych will come out 'all guns blazing' today, but we know you'll be ready! Just remember to keep your 'cool' as you have been doing soooo brilliantly lately and let the 'lost' points go!! These two things alone have made a tremendous difference to your game, and to be able to watch this new, self possessed and in control Andy, is just sublime! This could be a tougher match for you today, but we will all be with you. Do you think you can beat him? 'Course you can! Good luck son, now go kick his ass! C'MON! cmon yeah
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych « Reply #19 on: November 11, 2011, 10:26 AM »

I second that Caz!  cmon yeah
IP Logged
what
Challenger Level

Re: Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych « Reply #20 on: November 11, 2011, 10:29 AM »

As I could see yesterday Berdych wasn't serving well in the first set. He had like 4 DF in the opening 3-4 games. Andy is more than capable off not leting Berdych back in the match, like Tipsarevic did yesterday.

Djokovic pulled out, hope a possible Andy-Fed semi tomorrow will be in the evening, so I can watch.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych « Reply #21 on: November 11, 2011, 10:31 AM »

Really? Why has he done that? I never noticed him having any problems! confused
IP Logged
notnek
Futures Level

Re: Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych « Reply #22 on: November 11, 2011, 10:33 AM »

Now Djokovic has pulled out, it's even more important that Andy gets in the way of Fed's route to the Paris trophy. Fed winning in Paris would give him a chance of a year-end no.3 ranking. That would be a huge psychological blow for Andy.
IP Logged
what
Challenger Level

Re: Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych « Reply #23 on: November 11, 2011, 10:36 AM »

Really? Why has he done that? I never noticed him having any problems! confused

It's a shoulder inflammation as he says. This doesn't surprise me though, it was rumored he only played in Paris to get the prize money for finishing the year in the first place of the ATP ranking. He played with 50% against Troicki and Dodig.
[ Last edit by what November 11, 2011, 10:39 AM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych « Reply #24 on: November 11, 2011, 11:15 AM »

Caz, his serve was right off. Troicki broke him twice in the first set. Unheard of in normal circumstances.
However, poor old Victor must be giving himself a severe kicking  doh
[ Last edit by blueberryhill November 11, 2011, 11:56 AM ] IP Logged
curtis71
Satellite Level

Re: Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych « Reply #25 on: November 11, 2011, 11:17 AM »

straight sets for me

7-5 6-4

think berdych will give it his all, but masterclass murray will have too much in the bag for me
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych « Reply #26 on: November 11, 2011, 11:17 AM »

Now Djokovic has pulled out, it's even more important that Andy gets in the way of Fed's route to the Paris trophy. Fed winning in Paris would give him a chance of a year-end no.3 ranking. That would be a huge psychological blow for Andy.

Is that still possible?
IP Logged
notnek
Futures Level

Re: Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych « Reply #27 on: November 11, 2011, 11:24 AM »

Is that still possible?
Yes. Suppose Fed wins Paris (beating Andy in the semis) and wins London (without losing a match) then Andy would have to better his 2010 WTF performance to stay no.3.

This is just an example. There are many other permutations which would send Fed above Andy.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych « Reply #28 on: November 11, 2011, 11:50 AM »

Yes. Suppose Fed wins Paris (beating Andy in the semis) and wins London (without losing a match) then Andy would have to better his 2010 WTF performance to stay no.3.

This is just an example. There are many other permutations which would send Fed above Andy.

Yes, but the main factor is the WTF - just can't see Fed defending his title and points. I just don't see him as competitive vs the other top three now. Except Djokovic, who's operating on just one shoulder.
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych « Reply #29 on: November 11, 2011, 11:54 AM »

I don't subsrcibe to the "Andy needs a tough match" philosophy. Quite the opposite, in fact. Andy needs a relatively quick, straightforward match so he's up ready and raring to go against Fed, who is also looking mighty sharp.

So, come on Andy, do it in two. May your serve be with you toot

I agree wholeheartedly! No "tougher" than necessary, especially since no day in between matches to recover.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 34 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »