Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Wednesday night, Est. time - 1:30am BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 Go Down Reply
Author

Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych

(Read 4821 times)
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych « Reply #480 on: November 12, 2011, 07:13 AM »

Andy, as far as 'keeping your cool' is concerned, I watched you struggle with it loads of times throughout the match, and apart from one or two little 'blips' you managed to 'rein yourself' in and regain your self control! Even the one time when I thought you might lose it completely, you managed to stop before too much damage was done! [ The 'old' Andy would never have managed that!] I think you did tremendously well, and I for one, am very proud of you! Oh.....and when you said '********' to the umpire, I said it right along with you! Don't waste time regretting the outcome of this match, [even you can't win them all], just get all your little niggles ironed out, so you'll be 100% fit for London! I can't wait! hug
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych « Reply #481 on: November 12, 2011, 07:16 AM »

Don't know what to say... works fine for me.
I got it to work fine for me too, after a bit of fiddling, and very interesting it was too! Thanks for sharing Scot!
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych « Reply #482 on: November 12, 2011, 08:20 AM »

I think Andy going out now, could be a blessing in disguise as he would have been very tired, hopefully he can get his body completely fit, iron out the niggles and be more than ready for the O2. All I want is that Tomas B is in the same form today and put Fed out, up to now hw hasn't really faced any serious  opposition up to now. Regarding the balls I think it was the wrong time to change the balls as Andy 40 love up, this I believe turned the match and Andy would have won, however I'm glad he's got time to recover before London.Every cloud has a silver lining.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych « Reply #483 on: November 12, 2011, 09:07 AM »

michelle agree with what you said. Hope Berdych smacks Fed good and proper hammer
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych « Reply #484 on: November 12, 2011, 09:26 AM »

Thanks for the link, worked fine!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych « Reply #485 on: November 12, 2011, 09:43 AM »

Thanks for the link, worked fine!
Yes it did for me this morning - clearly didn't do enough twiddling last night.  I was pleased to hear Andy being so positive and clearly taking lessons for what he needs to work on for 02 after a rest.  Given he was unhappy with his back hand - his normal bread and butter - that probably contributed to loss of cool.  But I agree with Caz et al that I think he was in the right on the balls and I get the sense that Andy is someone with a sense of justice so if he feels an injustice he understandably gets angry.  And didn't seem to me that he held on to it.  [Oh dear, I'll be accused of blind devotion again!  w00t]
IP Logged
araminta
Futures Level

Re: Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych « Reply #486 on: November 12, 2011, 09:46 AM »

Totally agree Ruthie. Andy never seems to ask for much or complain about scheduling of matches etc. but he does seem to hate any form of unfairness or injustice and just has to express it.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych « Reply #487 on: November 12, 2011, 10:53 AM »

Totally agree Ruthie. Andy never seems to ask for much or complain about scheduling of matches etc. but he does seem to hate any form of unfairness or injustice and just has to express it.

Andy was in the right to complain, and it's good that he does express it as he has to stand up for himself. Thought it was completely wrong to change the balls in the middle of a game when the score was 0-40.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych « Reply #488 on: November 12, 2011, 11:58 AM »

OSS you better be wearing them throughout 02 week or I'll never ever forgive you.  Whistle

For you, Ruthie, CAZ, Bev and Aileen I shall do whatever is required.

I need to change regularly, but I shall use my Harry Potter magical access to do the business.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych « Reply #489 on: November 12, 2011, 12:06 PM »

thanks but can't get it to work - just says no video when I click.

Hope you can access it in due course. I thought it was a fair and intelligent interview. He did not blame the court, the balls, or the umpire. He just said that his backhand and services were not working the way he had expected.

He also said that he would take a few days off, practise these deficiencies and be fully fit for O2. These days of rest would enable him to rid himself of these various slight niggles.

Onwards and upwards, Andy. You are still a pleasure and delight to watch. Long may it continue.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych « Reply #490 on: November 12, 2011, 01:18 PM »

Yes it did for me this morning - clearly didn't do enough twiddling last night.  I was pleased to hear Andy being so positive and clearly taking lessons for what he needs to work on for 02 after a rest.  Given he was unhappy with his back hand - his normal bread and butter - that probably contributed to loss of cool.  But I agree with Caz et al that I think he was in the right on the balls and I get the sense that Andy is someone with a sense of justice so if he feels an injustice he understandably gets angry.  And didn't seem to me that he held on to it.  [Oh dear, I'll be accused of blind devotion again!  w00t]
Nonsense, Ruthie, I'd call it fairness - even the comms said it was wrong and favoured Berdych.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych « Reply #491 on: November 12, 2011, 02:51 PM »

Ruthie, I'll join you in "blind devotion" and raise a glass too cheers
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych « Reply #492 on: November 12, 2011, 03:02 PM »

For you, Ruthie, CAZ, Bev and Aileen I shall do whatever is required.

I need to change regularly, but I shall use my Harry Potter magical access to do the business.
I so love you Uncle Wullie, and don't worry......One of us will remind you to work your magic on your drawers!.......The spell is 'SCOURGIFY'! [I love Harry Potter too!] hug
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych « Reply #493 on: November 12, 2011, 03:04 PM »

Ruthie, I'll join you in "blind devotion" and raise a glass too cheers
Count me in girls! partyman
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Paris 2011 R4 : Murray v Berdych « Reply #494 on: November 12, 2011, 03:09 PM »

Berdych came out really flat today as expected. This reminds of last year's WTF where Nadal and Andy had a very long, grueling match in the semi. Nadal was so done after the match that he was barely there in the final against Federer. It took a lot for Nadal to beat Andy in that match. If Andy wants to win a match, then it takes a lot for any player to beat him. I am quite sure the same Berdych yesterday would have beaten Federer and Novak as well. Time and again Federer gets lucky with the draws and schedule. But there are such things as good losses and this one just might be one of them. I guess in time we'll know. Federer can keep his Paris, WTF will be another matter.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »