Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Paris Masters R2: Murray vs Chardy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: You predict ...
Murray in 2
Murray in 3
Chardy in 2
Chardy in 3

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Reply
Author

Paris Masters R2: Murray vs Chardy

(Read 1786 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Paris Masters R2: Murray vs Chardy « Reply #60 on: November 09, 2011, 12:58 PM »

Job well done! yay
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Paris Masters R2: Murray vs Chardy « Reply #61 on: November 09, 2011, 12:59 PM »

yay  Good one, Andy .. all business! Well done!!
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: Paris Masters R2: Murray vs Chardy « Reply #62 on: November 09, 2011, 01:05 PM »

I don't think Andy played that great to be honest - but it's difficult to get any momentum I guess when your opponent is making so many errors. 

Just heard Andy interviewed on Sky Sports, talking about the surface being weird and the balls and the court not really going to together.  The court is getting faster but the balls slower.  Tsonga had something to say about the balls yesterday as well  think.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Paris Masters R2: Murray vs Chardy « Reply #63 on: November 09, 2011, 01:14 PM »

Well done Andy! Chardy really went for it, but he never stood a chance! Try and get a rest before your doubles! Good luck with that too!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Paris Masters R2: Murray vs Chardy « Reply #64 on: November 09, 2011, 01:16 PM »

I don't think Andy played that great to be honest - but it's difficult to get any momentum I guess when your opponent is making so many errors. 

Just heard Andy interviewed on Sky Sports, talking about the surface being weird and the balls and the court not really going to together.  The court is getting faster but the balls slower.  Tsonga had something to say about the balls yesterday as well  think.
He never plays any better than he has to! As his opponents get tougher, he'll raise his game higher! Don't worry!
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Paris Masters R2: Murray vs Chardy « Reply #65 on: November 09, 2011, 01:17 PM »

He got the job done mickeypops!  16th straight win! Doubles coming up later on, hope he gets a rest in between.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Paris Masters R2: Murray vs Chardy « Reply #66 on: November 09, 2011, 01:28 PM »

Yaay...! Match was on late enough for me not to have to wake in the middle of the night.
Always a pleasure to watch Andy win.
Here's a post-match pic courtesy of Judy:
http://yfrog.com/nupuivj
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Paris Masters R2: Murray vs Chardy « Reply #67 on: November 09, 2011, 01:50 PM »

Yaay...! Match was on late enough for me not to have to wake in the middle of the night.
Always a pleasure to watch Andy win.
Here's a post-match pic courtesy of Judy:
http://yfrog.com/nupuivj

Unfortunately, I didn't get to see the match. The timing just sucked for me. I was on my way to work so ended up following the score on the ATP site. 2nd set was a bit tighter than I expected. Judging by the stats, I guess he played well enough to win the match. Perhaps no need to give his best effort here. He reminds me of Pete in that sense. Nadal, Federer and lately, Novak seem to give their all regardless. Oh well. I wish though he had served a bit better especially in the 2nd set. His converting of break points is never great and needs a bit more improvement.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Paris Masters R2: Murray vs Chardy « Reply #68 on: November 09, 2011, 02:38 PM »

First serve percentage wasn't good but at times that forehand was sizzling. Also, some magic at the net and with his passing shots. He's getting used to the surface/balls etc. It was a good little warm up.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Paris Masters R2: Murray vs Chardy « Reply #69 on: November 09, 2011, 02:43 PM »

Just came in and opened the computer to get the result. I thought he'd win, but delighted he won in a fairly quick session, gives him time to get ready for doubles. Well done Andy.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Paris Masters R2: Murray vs Chardy « Reply #70 on: November 09, 2011, 03:21 PM »

Well Done Andy!!!!!!!!!! Good result for first match. kicking kicking
IP Logged
curtis71
Satellite Level

Re: Paris Masters R2: Murray vs Chardy « Reply #71 on: November 09, 2011, 10:58 PM »

shame about the doubles...but at least it gave murray another game to warm up for the rest of the tournament
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Paris Masters R2: Murray vs Chardy « Reply #72 on: November 09, 2011, 11:01 PM »

Chardy said "Andy has upped his game ,he was everywhere."
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »