Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Friday, Time - 6:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray Pictures 2 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 783 784 785 [786] 787 788 789 ... 1352 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray Pictures

(Read 817879 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #11775 on: August 09, 2012, 07:14 PM »

I keep forgetting about the stamps.  Now they'll all have gone.  All the POs ran out on day 1 and had to order more, so maybe ...

more fab pics - thanks.
My theory re the cake is that he's probably not allowed to eat such stuff most of the time so he ate a huge slice on court where his team couldn't get to him and stop him!   All those other Olympic medallists have talked of pigging out on fast food to celebrate so this was Andy's very modest binge.  And it sure was a way of showing the organisers how much he appreciated it  Whistle
This has probably been changed, but Andy once said he would eat a dozen choc cup-cakes after a match because his body needed the calories and the energy, so of course he wouldn't put on weight. #veryenvious

I'm loving all these pics John and others.  Just keep them coming!
IP Logged
hugoagogo69
Satellite Level

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #11776 on: August 09, 2012, 07:36 PM »

I managed to order first day covers a royalmail.com yesterday, mind you, after a few attempts. It was odd because the first time i tried & failed, i was going to be charged £1.25 postage. Later i managed to finally order & i got free postage??
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #11777 on: August 09, 2012, 10:32 PM »

I keep forgetting about the stamps.  Now they'll all have gone.  All the POs ran out on day 1 and had to order more, so maybe ...

You can order on line Aileen but be careful if you google it the first thing to come up is someone trying to sell you them gold plated at inflated expense. 
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #11778 on: August 09, 2012, 10:43 PM »

They aren't exactly joyful pics  but hey ho.  Take a well deserved rest Andrew.  Very Happy  

still smiling Very Happy

IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #11779 on: August 09, 2012, 11:01 PM »

Fantastic photographs John, many thanks.  I think Andy has a sweet tooth, just like his mum.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #11780 on: August 09, 2012, 11:32 PM »

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/articles/2012-08-09/201208081344443656812.html

With golden post boxes springing up all over the country in celebration of Team GB's gold medals, the red post box nearest to the All England Club, Wimbledon, became the latest to turn gold this morning.

Situated on Church Road, overlooking the All England Club grounds, the red post box was painted to commemorate Andy Murray's gold medal in the men's singles of the Olympic tennis event at Wimbledon.

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #11781 on: August 10, 2012, 01:57 AM »

They aren't exactly joyful pics  but hey ho.  Take a well deserved rest Andrew.  Very Happy  

He does look tired - but that is the face of an Olympic champion! yay  

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/articles/2012-08-09/201208081344443656812.html

With golden post boxes springing up all over the country in celebration of Team GB's gold medals, the red post box nearest to the All England Club, Wimbledon, became the latest to turn gold this morning.

Situated on Church Road, overlooking the All England Club grounds, the red post box was painted to commemorate Andy Murray's gold medal in the men's singles of the Olympic tennis event at Wimbledon.

I see the one to Jessica Ennis in Sheffield has already been vandalised.  Pathetic.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #11782 on: August 10, 2012, 02:07 AM »

I'd heard that too Aileen (about the post box being vandalised).  Mindless yobs and I'd give them a piece of my mind and a whack
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #11783 on: August 10, 2012, 09:58 AM »

I'd heard that too Aileen (about the post box being vandalised).  Mindless yobs and I'd give them a piece of my mind and a whack

It was thought that Andy's box in Dunblane had been vandalised but it appears that fans have been picking off pieces of gold paint to keep as momentos - maybe it was the same with Jess's.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #11784 on: August 10, 2012, 10:00 AM »

Thanks for the pic IonaRed.
Lets hope it remains intact!

Personally, I really prefer the traditional, old fashioned post box to the newer design, as opposed to the one in Dunblane.

IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #11785 on: August 10, 2012, 10:07 AM »

It was thought that Andy's box in Dunblane had been vandalised but it appears that fans have been picking off pieces of gold paint to keep as momentos - maybe it was the same with Jess's.
Jess Ennis's post box was sprayed with grafitti. These people dont have any talent themselves and can't appreciate the efforts of others, in doing this they want destroy the pride and pleasure of the town's people.
Its really sad.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #11786 on: August 10, 2012, 10:38 AM »

Jess Ennis's post box was sprayed with grafitti. These people dont have any talent themselves and can't appreciate the efforts of others, in doing this they want destroy the pride and pleasure of the town's people.
Its really sad.

I agree - that really is a sad indictment - what possible pleasure could anyone get from doing that?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #11787 on: August 10, 2012, 10:42 AM »

Yes but I heard that it was graffiti appreciative of Jess so perhaps they stupidly thought they were contributing in some way.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #11788 on: August 10, 2012, 10:43 AM »

Its really sad.

Apparently they wrote 'Go Jess' on it so not the usual brainless tagging but still a stupid thing to do. It's been repaired now though - I went past it yesterday, lots of people having their photo taken next to it which was nice.
IP Logged
Ivelina

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #11789 on: August 11, 2012, 11:07 AM »

Everyone was making suuuch a big deal about this cake.I might be the only one who doesn't find the piece to be big neither the cake itself to look that delicious.The one above looks tastier for sure.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 783 784 785 [786] 787 788 789 ... 1352 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »