Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray Pictures 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1143 1144 1145 [1146] 1147 1148 1149 ... 1348 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray Pictures

(Read 807430 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #17175 on: September 30, 2013, 09:04 PM »

Playing singles makes me feel like I'm playing the tennis I see on the tv (albeit at a slightly different level). I love having the space on the court to work out the points- and you get more chance to hit winners. And for sure much more exercise. We haven't a lot of lady members but have a friend at the club who also wants to play more singles so here's hoping for some dry weekends thru the winter (we don't have floodlights).
You play during the winter??  That's very brave. lol  Mind you there's a tennis club close to the dental practice I go to, and I have seen members playing then - suitably dressed for the weather of course.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #17176 on: September 30, 2013, 09:06 PM »

I play every week, I went on a five match losing streak and today I won 6-2 6-4. So I am 1/5 for the season.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #17177 on: September 30, 2013, 09:12 PM »

You play during the winter??  That's very brave. lol  Mind you there's a tennis club close to the dental practice I go to, and I have seen members playing then - suitably dressed for the weather of course.

Well we are full of good intentions but it does depend on it being dry on a sunday and folk being free to play - it's not a good idea to plan your weekend around playing on a sunday in winter, it invariably rains . But we do try and wrap up and play a bit. Fingers crossed for some dry weather,hate the idea that that's it til march.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #17178 on: September 30, 2013, 09:36 PM »

I play all year round also, as long as its dry and not too windy its fine, you are well wrapped up at the start but 5 mins after you start your warmed up anyway. We are lucky that at queens park we have floodlights so we can play midweek nights also. If its really bad weather we just book indoors at scotstoun or gorbals although that's a last resort as it 17 quid for a court whearas at queens park its totally free.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #17179 on: September 30, 2013, 09:39 PM »

I can't play outside, I have a heavy topspin forehand that I can hit extremely flat too and when I play outside the conditions make the ball heavier, so instead of me being in control with topspin, I make 20x more errors because the ball springs of my strings much more, so I can lose control of my groundstrokes too.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #17180 on: September 30, 2013, 09:45 PM »

Well we are full of good intentions but it does depend on it being dry on a sunday and folk being free to play - it's not a good idea to plan your weekend around playing on a sunday in winter, it invariably rains . But we do try and wrap up and play a bit. Fingers crossed for some dry weather,hate the idea that that's it til march.
Hmm - I have many memories of being half-frozen on a tennis court in April and May in this lovely warm country of ours, because clubs (and my school) insisted we wear tennis dresses or skirts and a short-sleeved top regardless of the weather. Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #17181 on: September 30, 2013, 09:50 PM »

Hmm - I have many memories of being half-frozen on a tennis court in April and May in this lovely warm country of ours, because clubs (and my school) insisted we wear tennis dresses or skirts and a short-sleeved top regardless of the weather. Rolling Eyes

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #17182 on: September 30, 2013, 09:53 PM »

Clever Gangsta - how did you know I looked just like that! Very Happy
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #17183 on: September 30, 2013, 09:54 PM »

You looked like Serena Williams? Bloody hell.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #17184 on: September 30, 2013, 09:55 PM »

Actually I'm damned glad I didn't look like her!
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #17185 on: September 30, 2013, 09:56 PM »

Actually I'm damned glad I didn't look like her!

Excuse me? She's actually good looking.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #17186 on: September 30, 2013, 09:57 PM »

Gangsta do you always play indoors!!!!! Half the laughs we have are battling the scottish elements. One of my fav matches this year was an away match where we played in gale force winds, heavy showers and finished under floodlights. T'was just like playing the 2012 US Open.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #17187 on: September 30, 2013, 09:57 PM »

Ooh god no! I wouldn't mind playing like her but wouldn't wanna look like her. Far too bulky.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #17188 on: September 30, 2013, 10:00 PM »

No rules about what we wear at our club other than not wearing footwear that might damage the courts so we have been seen in many layers - including gloves - to help us play in all weathers.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #17189 on: September 30, 2013, 10:01 PM »

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1143 1144 1145 [1146] 1147 1148 1149 ... 1348 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »