Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Fabio Fognini, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray Pictures 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1175 1176 1177 [1178] 1179 1180 1181 ... 1347 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray Pictures

(Read 803260 times)
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #17655 on: December 10, 2013, 09:42 AM »

Nike won't sponsor Murray. He's not marketable enough like Fraud and Thugdal are.
  I disagree,  think Andy would fill an obvious gap in their UK/US/Aussie market, especially with the fading of Federer. But Andy is famously wary of sponsor and endorsement  time  commitments, so may well be wary of a new big commitment.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #17656 on: December 10, 2013, 10:57 AM »

I disagree,  think Andy would fill an obvious gap in their UK/US/Aussie market, especially with the fading of Federer. But Andy is famously wary of sponsor and endorsement  time  commitments, so may well be wary of a new big commitment.

I agree - I think when Federer's retired, there'll be an opening at Nike for a big-name sponsorship deal. Andy would be ideal for them, or Novak. Andy's Adidas contract ends next year I think - though Nike would really have to offer a lot of cash to beat what Adidas are currently paying him.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #17657 on: December 10, 2013, 03:19 PM »

I think Andy is a marketable guy.  They have been playing his "Let's play" commercial quite a bit in the states lately.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #17658 on: December 10, 2013, 03:26 PM »

Never said that he isn't marketable. But he is not as marketable as Federer, Nadal or even Djokovic? Why? Because he hasn't won as much as them, simple as that.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #17659 on: December 10, 2013, 06:13 PM »

I recently read an article from the US - possibly on here - stating that Andy is more marketable there than Nadal, Fed or Djoko.  Seemingly, many of the US public polled didn't even know who Djokovic is.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #17660 on: December 10, 2013, 06:28 PM »

Never said that he isn't marketable. But he is not as marketable as Federer, Nadal or even Djokovic? Why? Because he hasn't won as much as them, simple as that.
True, but they haven't made as much history as Andy has and in such a short period of time as well.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #17661 on: December 10, 2013, 06:38 PM »

Never said that he isn't marketable.
You said Nike wouldn't want him, because he's not marketable enough.   No-one said he's more marketable than Federer or Nadal, although as Alis has pointed out, even that is not entirely clear-cut.  There's no single measure of "marketability".  Different companies will find different qualities desirable.   For example, the qualities Moet associate with Fed in their advertising will contrast, or arguably contradict, the qualities Adidas want from Andy.  Adidas comes across as more of a functional brand for serious athletes with grit, while Nike strikes me as a bit more style over substance!

I think the article you mean Alis was that Andy scored significantly higher in likeability than Federer, Nadal or Djokovic, but I think overall Federer and Nadal were more widely known.  People admired his fighting spirit, although obviously winning eventually is an important part of it.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #17662 on: December 10, 2013, 07:18 PM »

I think Andy winning Wimbledon sparked off a huge global interest in him, certainly if the world-wide reports about his back surgery and withdrawing from the WTF are anything to go by.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #17663 on: December 10, 2013, 07:27 PM »

I agree I think as Andy has been going to USA since he was a junior is an important fact. The people know him and have watched his matches and seen how hard he has worked to win in the USA. The fact that he fought hard win the USA Open and also won Wimbledon they appreciate that. Now that he has won a Grand Slam he will be more recognizable I think he is a good role model for young players his work ethic and never say die attitude is admired. This will make him more marketable and help adidas to sell more of their products.When Smugfed eventually retires I think Andy will take up the slack of his sales.

IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #17664 on: December 10, 2013, 07:54 PM »

I think they'll be fighting over him, but I hope he stays with Adidas. I'd hate to see him wearing the same gear as the others!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #17665 on: December 10, 2013, 07:58 PM »

Nike like all this logo business and making a new shirt for every single event rather than just every few months.

I prefer Nike, and I think Andy is fine with them too.
IP Logged
counter_ puncher
Challenger Level

A counter puncher like Andy always fights back.

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #17666 on: December 10, 2013, 08:31 PM »

To be honest, for me Adidas makes the most unattractive kits, especially for women. I much prefer a plain style as with Lacoste or even Nike. Yet, I would not want Andy to change to Nadal's or Fed's or del Potro's outfitter. The most authentic kit was certainly Fred Perry although I see that it is very limited in its global reach and also in its variety.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #17667 on: December 11, 2013, 12:37 AM »

backtotopic

Apologies if this pic has already been posted, but I like the slogans on Andy and Dani's tops, especially Dani's. wub  Heart

IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #17668 on: December 11, 2013, 08:59 AM »

That ain't Dani.   Carlos ?
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #17669 on: December 11, 2013, 04:52 PM »

Excuse me - I wasn't being silly.  A friend has a six year old granddaughter who has blonde streaks in her light brown hair, and would wear nail polish if her mother let her.
Thanks fiverings.  Yes that does sound a plausible explanation.

That's interesting Alis, especially as the photos were presumably taken by a professional photographer!

It was before the days of colour though, Aileen!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1175 1176 1177 [1178] 1179 1180 1181 ... 1347 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »