Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Friday, Time - 6:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray Pictures 1 Member and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 842 843 844 [845] 846 847 848 ... 1352 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray Pictures

(Read 817526 times)
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #12660 on: October 18, 2012, 07:58 PM »

That's nice to hear. Smile  What a lovely memento.

Couldn't agree more!I love mementos like that,that are such tangible reminders of things.How wonderful it must be to see that all the time,and instantly have all those memories,which must be so wonderful,and I'm sure very emotional.I don't mean she doesn't have them anyway,but I always think things like that really add to your memories.(Although I'm pretty sure the actual medals trump any other mementos from that day lol!)Here's a picture she posted of the bouquet:

* IMG_2236-225x300.jpg (26.84 KB, 225x300 - viewed 556 times.)
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #12661 on: October 18, 2012, 10:03 PM »

Actually I don't remember Andy as being a racquet smasher but I'd much prefer he did this than what he used to do, i.e. hit himself on the knuckles until he drew blood.

No I don't think he was.  Makes me wonder whether someone - Alexis? Ivan? - has suggested he get rid of his frustration by smashing a racquet rather than taking it out on himself.  It does seem to work better as a way of then letting go of it.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #12662 on: October 19, 2012, 02:38 AM »

I don't think you've been watching him for very long zarfeen.  He's been keeping his emotions under check better the last year or so but prior to that he could be terrible on court.  And I think playing against Andy probably makes his frustration boil over.  I suspect many more racquets ae going to be sacrificed to this rivalry -on both sides.

I agree Ruth, he was better controlled last year and after the us open he has a lot of reasons to smash his racquet!!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #12663 on: October 19, 2012, 03:53 AM »

Couldn't agree more!I love mementos like that,that are such tangible reminders of things.How wonderful it must be to see that all the time,and instantly have all those memories,which must be so wonderful,and I'm sure very emotional.I don't mean she doesn't have them anyway,but I always think things like that really add to your memories.(Although I'm pretty sure the actual medals trump any other mementos from that day lol!)Here's a picture she posted of the bouquet:
That's really beautiful.  Thanks for posting.

No I don't think he was.  Makes me wonder whether someone - Alexis? Ivan? - has suggested he get rid of his frustration by smashing a racquet rather than taking it out on himself.  It does seem to work better as a way of then letting go of it.
That thought had occurred to me as well.  What he was doing before was effectively self-harm and that was a bit worrying.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #12664 on: October 19, 2012, 08:47 AM »

Yes I always used to wince when he smashed his hand on the racquet - though Youzny had to win the self-harm prize I think.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #12665 on: October 19, 2012, 07:28 PM »

Yes I always used to wince when he smashed his hand on the racquet - though Youzny had to win the self-harm prize I think.
That was horrible, hitting himself on the head like that.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #12666 on: October 19, 2012, 08:09 PM »

That was horrible, hitting himself on the head like that.
he must have a Russian of the blood to his head when he does that Aileen.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #12667 on: October 20, 2012, 12:17 AM »

he must have a Russian of the blood to his head when he does that Aileen.
shutup
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #12668 on: October 20, 2012, 05:44 AM »

I think it wasn't the right move to post those pics..you guys are reminding me of all those bad things that had happened.. Not talking
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #12669 on: October 20, 2012, 10:20 AM »

Don't know where to post this, so I'm doing it here.

http://tennis.si.com/2012/10/19/andy-murray-biography-book-us-open/
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #12670 on: October 20, 2012, 03:10 PM »

Very interesting chapter names...never knew about the tiff between him and Del Potro.
just googled and found out.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #12671 on: October 20, 2012, 05:58 PM »

Zar I actually was watching that particular match when this incident happened, and hand on heart I have never liked him since, anyone crosses Andy, is my enemy forever!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #12672 on: October 20, 2012, 06:37 PM »

Yes I remember it too Chris  and have found it difficult to forgive and forget even though Andy himself clearly has done.
IP Logged
scotjules
Satellite Level

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #12673 on: October 20, 2012, 07:09 PM »

Very interesting chapter names...never knew about the tiff between him and Del Potro.
just googled and found out.

Those are the chapter names the writer of the article would like to see. I highly doubt they'll be the real ones!  Very Happy

Zarfeen you can see a video clip of that incident on the homepage of the site http://www.murraysworld.com/video/ if the link still works. It's under "controversial"!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #12674 on: October 20, 2012, 09:05 PM »

Zarfeen you can see a video clip of that incident on the homepage of the site http://www.murraysworld.com/video/ if the link still works. It's under "controversial"!
It sitll works. Smile  I do remember seeing the match but, really, looking at it again now it seems like a storm in a teacup at least as far as the ball incident goes.  As Robbie Koenig says "So what?" if the ball hit Andy.  These things happen, and Delpo later said it wasn't intentional.  Of course we don't know what Delpo said about Andy's Mum but there was a feeling then that that particular spat went back to an earlier time.  A couple of young hotheads really and I'm glad Andy has had the maturity to put it behind him.  Bearing grudges is puerile and does nobody any good.

I do wish though that they'd leave Andy's biography until he retires.  We've already had his autobiography "Hitting Back" which was written when Andy was only 21, although I think it's been updated and renamed "Coming of Age" (or something like that), and it looks as though this book is going to be covering a lot of the same ground.  I love the suggested chapter titles though!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 842 843 844 [845] 846 847 848 ... 1352 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »