Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray Pictures 2 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 863 864 865 [866] 867 868 869 ... 1265 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Murray Pictures  (Read 693598 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #12975 on: November 17, 2012, 05:30 PM »

No didn't hear that tj as I think I switched on just as they'd finished talking about Andy.  Frew Macmillan and other Eurosport comms are so down on Andy when it comes to DC it drives me to distraction.  Sounds abit like they were having a go yet again?

They were sort of having a go. It sort of sounded a bit like that. Chris Bradman asked Frew if he thought Lendl would push Andy to play DC 'because of what it can bring', you know the sort of thing they say, and then they talked about it for a bit. It just struck me as pathetic, given that we were watching Spain and the Czech Republic. There was no need to bring Andy up at all. That's why I feel that sometimes they bring him up just to have a go.

Trouble is, I think Andy is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Personally I think it's a decision for him to make, with Leon Smith, of course, and Lendl. I could understand him wanting to play, but equally I would understand if he chose to prioritise his own career, especially now.

Frew Macmillan drives me mad about the subject, always has. Then again, he drives me a bit mad anyway.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #12976 on: November 17, 2012, 06:07 PM »

It seems Andy cannot do anything right, he should please himself and tell all the moaners to go to hell. It is known that he cannot play DC all the time and I think Leon Smith is aware of that. I am sure Andy would play if he could but it is time he put himself first . After the O2 he should think of himself first and not bother what others think as you say teejay 1 he is dammed either way.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #12977 on: November 17, 2012, 11:46 PM »

Agree entirely LBH! Think of yourself for a change Andy, that would make me very happy indeed!
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #12978 on: November 17, 2012, 11:53 PM »

I've just turned the TV off for a bit after watching some of the dubs. I decided that falling asleep as I was, in front of the TV at my age isn't good, so I had to move a bit. I'm blaming my throat though, which is still rubbish. Seriously fed up with having no voice now.

Anyway, it's funny, you've taken the words out of my mouth. Before I fell asleep I was thinking about what winning the DC might do for Berdych. I think, with all due respect, I might cry if it leads him to do a Djokovic. Berdych is fine in the rankings where he is, thanks lol.

I'd like to see Spain win. I'd love it for Ferrer to be honest, the thought they'd done it without Nadal. I think Ferrer deserves it too, it would cap off a great year for him. Not that I want it giving him ideas either lol.

Also, did you hear the comms talking about Andy and the DC? I wouldn't mind, but the lad wasn't even on the ruddy court!

I agree with Frew Watsisface that Lendl won't pressure Andy to play DC, but then neither should he. I get the feeling Lendl would concur with what Leon Smith said recently, that Andy working towards getting to No.1 is more important than DC now. The thing is though, why mention him in the first place? Sometimes I think the comms bring Andy up just to criticise or drop him into a controversy.

Luckily I missed this. But why don't the comms ask Fedturd to play as they all love him so much and support him more than Andy! They just want to use Andy when it suits them, wish they would bugger off, hope Andy will do what suits him and not put himself out, if he is available fair enough, otherwise get who the British public love and support Federer! censored
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #12979 on: November 18, 2012, 12:29 AM »

Love this pic..

Aww that is just so cute. Smile

They were sort of having a go. It sort of sounded a bit like that. Chris Bradman asked Frew if he thought Lendl would push Andy to play DC 'because of what it can bring', you know the sort of thing they say, and then they talked about it for a bit. It just struck me as pathetic, given that we were watching Spain and the Czech Republic. There was no need to bring Andy up at all. That's why I feel that sometimes they bring him up just to have a go.

Trouble is, I think Andy is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Personally I think it's a decision for him to make, with Leon Smith, of course, and Lendl. I could understand him wanting to play, but equally I would understand if he chose to prioritise his own career, especially now.

Frew Macmillan drives me mad about the subject, always has. Then again, he drives me a bit mad anyway.
Thank goodness I only watch tennis livestreamed on my computer from ESPN (out of necessity because I can't afford Sky).  I love Robbie Koenig and Jason Goodall.  Not only are they brilliant commentators but there's absolutely no bias against Andy.  The odd occasion when I'm forced to turn to Eurosport has me pressing 'mute' because Frew and Chris drive me nuts at the best of times.

I can't see Lendl wanting Andy to play DC next year unless Andy absolutely feels he has to in order to save GB from relegation, and even then he should let us sink or swim.  GB is in exactly the place it should be right now and there's no point in Andy making sacrifices in the hope of bumping us up a to a level where quite frankly we don't belong because we simply aren't good enough.  It's high time the moaners realised this and let Andy get on with his career.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #12980 on: November 18, 2012, 06:47 AM »

I agree Aileen. Time to "blood" Golding anyway.
They should rise or fall at their own pace.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Relax All is good!

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #12981 on: November 18, 2012, 08:10 AM »

Torso of the week...must have been posted before, but saw this one today on twitter/fb:

* 598481_512145598810352_1094173460_n.jpg (67.53 KB, 616x960 - viewed 132 times.)
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

You mesmerize me, Andy

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #12982 on: November 18, 2012, 08:49 AM »

Whoaa.....
He looks drop dead gorgeous!!!!!  drool
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #12983 on: November 18, 2012, 11:19 AM »

Heart   What a specimen!
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #12984 on: November 18, 2012, 12:27 PM »

I agree Aileen. Time to "blood" Golding anyway.
They should rise or fall at their own pace.

Sky showed an interview with Leon Smith on Friday I think it was.  He was saying that we have a very good crop of young players coming up for whom he has high hopes.  The boys won the junior Davis Cup this year so I agree that it's time to blood some of the young ones.  Didn't Andy play DC when he was 17 or 18?  Until we have a second singles player there is no point in us being in the World Group IMO - it puts far too much pressure on Andy.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #12985 on: November 18, 2012, 07:26 PM »

Sky showed an interview with Leon Smith on Friday I think it was.  He was saying that we have a very good crop of young players coming up for whom he has high hopes.  The boys won the junior Davis Cup this year so I agree that it's time to blood some of the young ones.  Didn't Andy play DC when he was 17 or 18?  Until we have a second singles player there is no point in us being in the World Group IMO - it puts far too much pressure on Andy.
Yes, Andy play doubles against Israel when he was just 17 and became the youngest British player to play in a DC tie.  Here's the link if you're interested - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/4319789.stm

Having just watched today's final between Spain and the Czech Republic it really brought home to me how good a team we would need to have to come even close to this.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #12986 on: November 18, 2012, 11:30 PM »

Yes, Andy play doubles against Israel when he was just 17 and became the youngest British player to play in a DC tie.  Here's the link if you're interested - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/4319789.stm

Having just watched today's final between Spain and the Czech Republic it really brought home to me how good a team we would need to have to come even close to this.

...........  but the Czechs won the final with a two man team.
[ Last edit by Alis November 19, 2012, 11:03 AM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #12987 on: November 19, 2012, 12:34 AM »

Yes - but we don't even have a two man team!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #12988 on: November 19, 2012, 09:07 AM »

Yes - but we don't even have a two man team!

That's right.

I agree with Alis too that until we have a second singles player there is no point in us being in the World Group. I also think that the attitude some comms have of 'If Murray plays they win, if he doesn't they lose', is too much pressure on Andy too. It may well be true, but it's a bit too much like emotional blackmail for my liking.

I honestly think it's time now for Andy to back away from DC and prioritise his own career, at the very least until we have another consistent singles player. Don't get me wrong, Dan Evans did well, very well, in the one tie, but we need someone to back Andy up, and there is no one just now. Maybe Leon could get someone such as Ollie Golding to play, rather than just being there. He might not win, but surely the experience would be good for him.
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #12989 on: November 19, 2012, 11:42 AM »

Book and DVD of Andy has arrived  yay looks great cant wait to get started.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 863 864 865 [866] 867 868 869 ... 1265 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »