Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson, Friday, Time: 12 noon BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray Pictures 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 864 865 866 [867] 868 869 870 ... 1347 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray Pictures

(Read 805645 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #12990 on: November 19, 2012, 12:02 PM »

I want to know a bit about the DVD if anyone has watched it. I've got all the matches already, so if this new DVD is of the final only, I really don't need it. However, if it has highlights of all Andy's matches with a bit of background on each one or something, I might get it.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #12991 on: November 19, 2012, 12:58 PM »

Will let you know Guys , will start reading tonight, I think the DVD is just the final.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #12992 on: November 19, 2012, 01:06 PM »

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #12993 on: November 19, 2012, 01:12 PM »

^ Wow!  Love that!  Shame we have to wait another five weeks though.

I honestly think it's time now for Andy to back away from DC and prioritise his own career, at the very least until we have another consistent singles player. Don't get me wrong, Dan Evans did well, very well, in the one tie, but we need someone to back Andy up, and there is no one just now. Maybe Leon could get someone such as Ollie Golding to play, rather than just being there. He might not win, but surely the experience would be good for him.
Which is one of the main reasons why Andy wanted to pull out of playing DC.  He doesn't want just one player backing him up but would much prefer that Team GB learned to stand on their own feet rather than have him prop them up all the time.   They'll have to do it anyway once he retires.
[ Last edit by Aileen November 19, 2012, 01:19 PM ] IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #12994 on: November 19, 2012, 06:56 PM »

Poor Andy, having to play the day after Boxing Day!  Only an exhibition, and Tipsy (fingers crossed) shouldn't be too tough an opponent, but it will be a bit of a rude awakening after a nice Christmas at home!  At least it's a late afternoon, but 1pm UK time.

Regarding Davis Cup.  I don't think Andy should distance himself from it, rather he should pick his participation wisely.  The problem at the moment is the gap between his ability and that of the men would could viably fill the second and third places.   When Britain plays a team like Luxembourg, you get the horrible mis-match with some poor soul getting destroyed by Andy, and it happening across three pointless sets.  On the other hand, as soon as Britain is playing against a country with players that are more matched to Andy's abilities, it's the 2nd placed Brit that risks a humiliating pasting.  Hopefully not quite a triple bagel, but a one-sided and rather pointless and unsatisfying affair all the same.

There are definite benefits to letting the younger, lower ranked players get a bit of higher level match experience, but I think it is also good for them, and nice for Andy, if he can join them at least some of the time.  For the time being, they probably are better off staying in the Europe/Africa Group I group, and not try too hard (with Andy) for promotion until the whole team is stronger and able to sustain it.   Likewise, if Andy can come in and help them seal a victory that will protect them from relegation, it's worth while.  That all assumes that he is fit and it doesn't impact too adversely on his schedule.

I don't think Andy should base his decision on whether or not to play on whether or not he's universally loved by all in the UK.  He's not petty minded like that, and more to the point, why should all the decent fans suffer because of a few idiots?  I don't think there is any doubt that Andy enjoys the actual experience of playing for his country, it's just it's not always very practical and with a busy schedule, something has to give.
IP Logged
madabouttheboy
Junior

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #12995 on: November 19, 2012, 08:15 PM »

Meantime, back at the Addidas Micoach app, it is Andy's voice....my husband walked a mile and the voice told him how many calories he'd burned, how long it took him and at the end Andy says "Top Job".
I may walk for five minutes tomorrow and see what he says.
I'm sure there are better exercise apps but it's free and it is HIS voice.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #12996 on: November 20, 2012, 02:15 PM »

Well said Sparkle, I agree totally.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #12997 on: November 24, 2012, 01:52 PM »

Andy pictured on a flight to Miami yesterday:

IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #12998 on: November 29, 2012, 06:38 PM »

IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #12999 on: November 29, 2012, 09:32 PM »

Just posted on twitter by Dani Vallverdu:
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #13000 on: November 29, 2012, 09:40 PM »

Bigger celebration than when he won the US Open!
IP Logged
madabouttheboy
Junior

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #13001 on: November 29, 2012, 09:47 PM »

Oh brilliant Scotnadian!!!!
Love those photos. Suffering Andy withdrawal symptoms like everyone else.
I had a great parcel from my cousin in Glasgow the other day, a Team Glasgow tee shirt with the logos Fatter, Slower, Drunker, my husband will wear it with pride. Pure dead brilliant.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #13002 on: November 30, 2012, 12:09 AM »

Yes, thanks Linda for the wonderful montage.  I'm glad you managed to get in the pic of Lendl looking happy  - that rarely seen expression spoke volumes.

Bigger celebration than when he won the US Open!
Maybe he's practising for his next GS win ... Smile

IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #13003 on: November 30, 2012, 06:41 AM »

That's so brilliant scot.  yay Could watch it all day. wub
Thanx hug
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #13004 on: November 30, 2012, 10:33 AM »