MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray Pictures
Pages: 1 ... 885 886 887 [888] 889 890 891 ... 1431 Reply

Murray Pictures

Endless, endless pre-post match interviews Rolling Eyes They must get so heartily sick of saying the same things in a thousand different ways.
pre-match: I hope to win but x is a very dangerous player Rolling Eyes
post match: I won/lost cos I played better/worse than x. Rolling Eyes
End of pray
I agree.  Wonder how these interviewers would feel if they had to do the same thing every day after they'd finished work? Whistle
IP Logged

No wonder poor Andy looks bored stiff..........defo not his favourite part of the job & who could blame him  ranting
IP Logged

Also I think it's very unfair to interview players immediately after matches, especially if they've lost, before they've a chance to settle down a bit, so not surprising that Andy sometimes looks and sounds a bit distracted.  But the ATP says that, whether they win or lose, they have to do these pressers otherwise they'll be fined. Rolling Eyes
IP Logged

No wonder poor Andy looks bored stiff..........defo not his favourite part of the job & who could blame him  ranting
actually I was thinking he was managing to look remarkably unbored angie.
I see he's doing that pointie thing again when he wins. 
IP Logged

I see he's doing that pointie thing again when he wins. 
Did he ever stop doing it?  I didn't see many of his matches after the USO (where he still did it after his finals' win) so can't really remember.  We'll probably never know though just what this enigmatic gesture means, if indeed there is anything meaningful behind it.  Most players have their own 'celebrations', but the chest-thumping variety I could do without.
IP Logged

Re: Pointy gesture

The admiration for Andy in me thinks whatever the reason, it's a beautiful and personal gesture, and that Andy should keep his reasons to himself.

The cynic in me sometimes wonders if Adidas had their hand it the whole pointy-finger thing. Think
https://www.facebook.com/andymurrayofficial/app_383714751713049

Which then became this:  Either way, it's great.

IP Logged

That's interesting, Linda.  But did these other people perhaps copy Andy?  Or was that what you were inferring anyway?
IP Logged

Those people were encouraged by Adidas to copy Andy in order to win a competition.
They used those pics to make an ad, which in turn ended up on Andy's FB as his cover photo for a period of time.
That's a lot of exposure for Adidas.

Which came first.. the chicken or the egg?  Think
IP Logged

Good question!
IP Logged

Yum.....

IP Logged

[email protected]: banish the cynic Linda.  It looks too much like a personal gesture to me to be a PR stunt.   But then Adidas saw the PR potential I guess.  And I quite agree that Andy should not feel obliged to explain it to anyone. 
IP Logged

From what we know of Andy, can't imagine he would ever do that kind of thing as a PR stunt. The mind boggles at the thought. Rolling Eyes
IP Logged

The finals...

IP Logged

Gr8 pics ta and wow, what a speedy photo service you're providing clap
IP Logged

Look at the second and fourth one, this is not a PR stunt...

Nice pics really, thank you!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 885 886 887 [888] 889 890 891 ... 1431 Reply