Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray Pictures 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 936 937 938 [939] 940 941 942 ... 1320 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray Pictures

(Read 754522 times)
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #14070 on: February 22, 2013, 04:56 PM »

According to this website, there are 375 members at any one time, plus 100 temporary members.  If you win, you are given an invite to join, otherwise you have to know the right people.  I suppose they can invite anyone they like, so don't need to wait for Andy to actually win to invite him, though winning the Olympics was probably more than enough.  But he probably knows the right people by now too. Very Happy

http://www.wimbledondebentureholders.com/articles/ten_ways_to_grab_a_seat_at_wimbledon

Why am I reminded of the Groucho Marx quote - "I wouldn't want to be a member of any Club that wanted me as a member."?  Always thought that was a deeper observation than it appears at first sight!
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #14071 on: February 22, 2013, 04:58 PM »

This is a confusing conversation! I'm pretty sure Andy said he's a member at Wimbledon. And I think Coldmarek, who took the picture, went on a tour
http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/museum_and_tours/index.html
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #14072 on: February 22, 2013, 04:59 PM »

I'm almost certain Andy has said he's a member at Wimbledon now,although I can't remember where I read him say it.I'll try and remember!

As part of the promo he did for Queens before he went over to Miami, he said something about spending more time at Wimbledon now being a member and all.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #14073 on: February 22, 2013, 05:24 PM »

As part of the promo he did for Queens before he went over to Miami, he said something about spending more time at Wimbledon now being a member and all.

Thanks so much Milly!That was really bugging me,but thanks to you I remembered where I'd seen him saying that-and where to look for the quote!

Yup,Andy's definitely a member at Wimbledon now Smile :

"All of the Grand Slams are special for different reasons. Everyone knows why Wimbledon would be special to me, but you know, last year I think I started to understand and appreciate the history maybe more and more each year that I played there. And to get to play in a final there was great. I'm a member there now, so I spend a little bit more time at Wimbledon. Last year, I would just go and sit out and look at the Centre Court when it was empty. The tournament means a lot to me. I always look forward to it."
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #14074 on: February 22, 2013, 05:39 PM »

Straight from the horse's mouth (near the end of the vid):

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/andymurray/9848848/Andy-Murray-in-search-of-third-Aegon-Championships-title.html
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #14075 on: February 22, 2013, 06:45 PM »

He always said US Open would be his tournament to win.  I think, having done that, he must covet the Wimbledon title so, so much.  I'm really looking forward to seeing how he handles it this year, as so much has happened in the time in between.  cmon yeah
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #14076 on: February 22, 2013, 06:50 PM »

It was Andy himself that said he was a member at Wimbledon a while back during an interview. So I guess he can practice there when he is at home.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #14077 on: February 22, 2013, 06:52 PM »

It was Andy himself that said he was a member at Wimbledon a while back during an interview. So I guess he can practice there when he is at home.
Here's hoping practice makes perfect.  It would be just the best to see him win it! 
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #14078 on: February 22, 2013, 09:16 PM »

According to this website, there are 375 members at any one time, plus 100 temporary members.  If you win, you are given an invite to join, otherwise you have to know the right people.  I suppose they can invite anyone they like, so don't need to wait for Andy to actually win to invite him, though winning the Olympics was probably more than enough.  But he probably knows the right people by now too. Very Happy

http://www.wimbledondebentureholders.com/articles/ten_ways_to_grab_a_seat_at_wimbledon
I believe Sir Sean Connery is a member, but I don't recall him winning any tennis tournaments. Whistle   He is though a genuine fan and cetainly isn't short of money.  Sir Cliff is also a member but he's a good player in his own right.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #14079 on: February 22, 2013, 09:52 PM »

I believe Sir Sean Connery is a member, but I don't recall him winning any tennis tournaments. Whistle   He is though a genuine fan and cetainly isn't short of money.  Sir Cliff is also a member but he's a good player in his own right.

Don't suppose the "Sir" would have anything to do with it?  Whistle  Bastion of the Establishment and all that.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #14080 on: February 23, 2013, 01:48 AM »

Don't suppose the "Sir" would have anything to do with it?  Whistle  Bastion of the Establishment and all that.
Somehow I don't think Sir Sean would like to be thought of as Establishment, but fame and money are a great opener of doors!
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #14081 on: February 23, 2013, 03:02 AM »

Somehow I don't think Sir Sean would like to be thought of as Establishment, but fame and money are a great opener of doors!

Is this a cue to bring out the old Connery Wimbledon joke? ok thought so

Q: What time does Sean Connery arrive at Wimbledon?
A: Tennish
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #14082 on: February 23, 2013, 10:13 AM »

Good one, Gnome!

The pics on the previous page where Andy's taken his sock off look a bit ominous. Hope the foot is well and truly on the mend by now.
Any sign of Lendl?
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #14083 on: February 23, 2013, 10:14 AM »

roflmao get out
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #14084 on: February 23, 2013, 12:42 PM »

Sir Cliff is also a member but he's a good player in his own right.

Hi Aileen and all,

I knew I liked you Aileen lol. Cliff is a good player, that's true. His serve can be a bit dodgy at times though. Andy should give him a few lessons lol. Cliff takes his tennis very seriously, and loves it. He's also done a lot to encourage youngsters into the game, through what was his own scheme, but it has now been absorbed into the LTA, which I think is a shame. They used to do a pro-celeb thing just before Christmas every year, to promote the scheme and show off some of the kids going through it, but they had to stop due to lack of sponsorship, amongst a few other reasons, hence why the LTA got involved.

I have to confess that Cliff was nominated for membership of Wimbledon by none other than Virginia Wade. Still, no one is perfect, and he's never said he is lol.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 936 937 938 [939] 940 941 942 ... 1320 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »