Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray Pictures 1 Member and 7 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 938 939 940 [941] 942 943 944 ... 1318 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray Pictures

(Read 746697 times)
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #14100 on: February 23, 2013, 08:41 PM »

I have nothing against gays, and no wish to cause offence, but if Sir Cliff and Ms Wade are gay, why hide it? Not anything to be ashamed off these days.

Ok,if you say you didn't mean to cause offence then I completely accept that-but I have to say,reading your coment it did come across quite offensive,and I have to ask,how on earth did a comment about someone liking Sir Cliff and someone else not liking him even become about them being gay or not?

It's got nothing to do with anything that was being talked about!I completely agree-being gay isn't anything anyone should feel ashamed about or that they have to hide,but as far as I'm aware,nobody on this forum actually knows either of them,so we don't know if they are hiding anything or not!Either way,it's certainly not something anyone should use to speak insultingly or disparagingly about them.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #14101 on: February 24, 2013, 03:25 AM »

Australian Open qualifying 2013 - Andy Murray congratulates Jamie Baker of GB after his win against Donald Young of USA at Melbourne Park.
That was when Jamie Baker reached the main draw of the Australian Open 2013. I just love the way Andy is a friend for his friends. He’s always there for them, being supportive and loyal.

IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #14102 on: February 24, 2013, 03:25 AM »

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #14103 on: February 24, 2013, 03:38 AM »

It's got nothing to do with anything that was being talked about!I completely agree-being gay isn't anything anyone should feel ashamed about or that they have to hide,but as far as I'm aware,nobody on this forum actually knows either of them,so we don't know if they are hiding anything or not!Either way,it's certainly not something anyone should use to speak insultingly or disparagingly about them.
I'm not entering into this argument, but that's a very interesting general point because, ever since I became a member, I've often felt that some of the things said and discussed about Andy on this forum (including the suggestion that he could be gay) were questionable for the same reason.  We do know a lot about Andy the tennis player and know how he comes across off-court, but ultimately we don't know the real person.
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #14104 on: February 24, 2013, 04:14 AM »

I'm not entering into this argument, but that's a very interesting general point because, ever since I became a member, I've often felt that some of the things said and discussed about Andy on this forum (including the suggestion that he could be gay) were questionable for the same reason.  We do know a lot about Andy the tennis player and know how he comes across off-court, but ultimately we don't know the real person.

Our feelings and conversations about Andy are mostly positive . I think it's a whole other story when you publicly bash someone. I know it happens a lot, not only here but everywhere, but that doesn't mean it's right or that we have to engage in it.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #14105 on: February 24, 2013, 04:36 AM »

I don't think this whole spat had anything to do with what anyone said/felt/thought about Andy.

Let's leave him out of the equation.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #14106 on: February 24, 2013, 08:58 AM »

That should be you & I in these pics Zarfeen!!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #14107 on: February 24, 2013, 09:08 AM »

Sorry guys-I actually never meant to start or be involved in any kind of fight.I'm not someone who likes conflict,so normally I just try and wait out situations like that til peace reigns once more!However,I really did feel pretty strongly about the comment that I replied to.I didn't want a row,but I did feel that something should be said.

That said,I didn't mean any unpleasantness towards Fiverings,whose comment it was I replied to,or to anybody else on here.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #14108 on: February 24, 2013, 10:49 AM »

That said,I didn't mean any unpleasantness towards Fiverings,whose comment it was I replied to,or to anybody else on here.

No worries, no offence taken, I'd already forgotten about it!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #14109 on: February 24, 2013, 10:56 AM »

No worries, no offence taken, I'd already forgotten about it!

Smile
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #14110 on: February 24, 2013, 12:30 PM »

Each to the

Each to Their own & all that Teejay, you don't rate Emeli Sande & I like ABF don't rate Sir Cliff Smile doesn't make us bad people lol  Whistle

It wasn't the first part of ABF's remark I was offended by. As you say, each to their own. However, how one manages a 54 year career by being, and I quote 'f***in terrible' is beyond me.

What I was offended by was the mocking of Sir Cliff's faith, which I thought was uncalled for.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #14111 on: February 24, 2013, 12:45 PM »

I have nothing against gays, and no wish to cause offence, but if Sir Cliff and Ms Wade are gay, why hide it? Not anything to be ashamed off these days.

Oh I see, that old chestnut.

Sir Cliff Richard is not gay, and never has been. Idiot journalists have spent most of the last 54 years looking for proof that he and found none. What they have found is a man who works bloody hard, does a hell of a lot for charity and lives a decent life. They have also found that he has had a few relationships with women over the years, including one very well publicised relationship for two and a half years with Sue Barker. Yes, that Sue Barker.

Sir Cliff isn't married, true, but is every single man automatically gay? There is no harm in someone their career above having a wife and kids. You could argue in a sense that Andy has done exactly the same thing. I mean, for all you know Kim could be a cover. I'm not suggesting she is, but she could be.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #14112 on: February 24, 2013, 01:07 PM »

Perhaps we should just avoid talking about Cliff Richard on the Andy sections of the forum? 
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #14113 on: February 24, 2013, 02:17 PM »

Oh I see, that old chestnut.

Sir Cliff Richard is not gay, and never has been. Idiot journalists have spent most of the last 54 years looking for proof that he and found none. What they have found is a man who works bloody hard, does a hell of a lot for charity and lives a decent life. They have also found that he has had a few relationships with women over the years, including one very well publicised relationship for two and a half years with Sue Barker. Yes, that Sue Barker.

Sir Cliff isn't married, true, but is every single man automatically gay? There is no harm in someone their career above having a wife and kids. You could argue in a sense that Andy has done exactly the same thing. I mean, for all you know Kim could be a cover. I'm not suggesting she is, but she could be.
  I'm not going to be drawn into responding to all the topics your post raises, Teejay, because I agree with Sparkle that this is not relevant. And I'm not really interested in Sir Cliff anyway.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #14114 on: February 24, 2013, 02:19 PM »

That should be you & I in these pics Zarfeen!!

yes
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 938 939 940 [941] 942 943 944 ... 1318 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »