Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray Pictures 2 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1013 1014 1015 [1016] 1017 1018 1019 ... 1339 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray Pictures

(Read 789535 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #15225 on: April 27, 2013, 07:36 PM »

lol  I'm surprised it's even Miami though because the beach looks a bit scruffy.
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #15226 on: April 27, 2013, 11:45 PM »

I don't think that picture looks recent at all no

But hey,I could be wrong-and either way,those are lucky,lucky girls!

Edit: Just checked,and apparently the pic was taken in December 2011,in Miami,for those interested Smile

Excellent detective work as always, Dani!!! Smile
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #15227 on: April 28, 2013, 12:17 AM »

Excellent detective work as always, Dani!!! Smile

Awh,thank you Milly,you're very kind!  hug

But I'm totally useless when it comes to things that are complicated really,or that I don't understand.In this case I just knew where to look Smile

Actually,speaking of stuff I don't understand,can someone clue me in as to whether we'll get many/any pictures and/or footage of Andy receiving his OBE when it happens?

I know there's been quite a bit of speculation on here about it possibly happening over the next few days what with Andy currently being back in the UK,but whether it happens now or in summer,I don't really know what to expect.Are there usually many pictures taken at these things,or video footage of any kind?And would we get any pics of the guests?I'm presuming Judy will be one of them (I think I read on here that he'll be allowed 3?) and I'd love to see her face when it happens! Or will there only be maybe a couple of "official" (if you know what i mean) pictures released of Andy? 

Sorry if these are stupid questions,I've just never had any interest in investiture ceremonies happening before,so I've no idea how it all works! doh
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #15228 on: April 28, 2013, 01:13 AM »

Actually,speaking of stuff I don't understand,can someone clue me in as to whether we'll get many/any pictures and/or footage of Andy receiving his OBE when it happens?

I know there's been quite a bit of speculation on here about it possibly happening over the next few days what with Andy currently being back in the UK,but whether it happens now or in summer,I don't really know what to expect.Are there usually many pictures taken at these things,or video footage of any kind?And would we get any pics of the guests?I'm presuming Judy will be one of them (I think I read on here that he'll be allowed 3?) and I'd love to see her face when it happens! Or will there only be maybe a couple of "official" (if you know what i mean) pictures released of Andy?  

Sorry if these are stupid questions,I've just never had any interest in investiture ceremonies happening before,so I've no idea how it all works! doh
As far as getting a pic of Andy goes, I've a feeling we'll only get the official one of him holding his medal, which will be taken by the professional photographer(s) present. Others will no doubt be taken by family members for private purposes.  Also only if the recipient is particularly high profile is there likely to be any footage shown on TV.

You're right in saying that only three guests are allowed.  Mum Judy will certainly be there but I wouldn't like to speculate whether Kim will be present or not.  If she is then that would mean either his Dad or Jamie would be excluded.

As for the ceremony itself, I found this brief video on YouTube in which HM herself also says a few words.  What isn't shown on the video is that the name of each person receiving an award is announced to the Queen along with the reason for the honour.  I wonder if she'll remember meeting Andy during Wimbledon 2010?  The investiture though could be carried out by either Prince Charles or Princess Anne.

[ Last edit by Aileen April 28, 2013, 01:38 AM ] IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #15229 on: April 28, 2013, 01:37 AM »

Dani..I'm confident we will be seeing many pics/vids of Andy.

Doubt he will be getting it when he's home because Queenie & lessers don't seem to have any OBEish engagements in the imminent future. It would only show me up until May 7th, but Andy will be in Madrid by then.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsandDiary/Royaldiary/Locationsandtimes.aspx

Here's a bit more info about the ceremony:
http://www.royal.gov.uk/MonarchUK/Honours/Investitures.aspx
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #15230 on: April 28, 2013, 01:52 AM »

Since posting at @1:13 am, I've come across this -

Media coverage of Investitures
British Ceremonial Arts (BCA) is contracted to film inside Buckingham Palace (and Holyroodhouse and Cardiff Castle when required) during Investiture ceremonies. This footage is available for each recipient to keep as a record of their Investiture.

Each recipient is asked if they are content for the moment of Investiture to be released for broadcast purposes, and, if the recipient has agreed, news stations (BBC, ITV and Sky) may contact BCA to ask for this footage. A list of recipients who do not wish broadcasters to use this material is always sent to journalists with each Investiture list.

BCA can be contacted on tel: 0118 977 6800/6900 or e-mail: [email protected]

A Press Association reporter always interviews recipients on a pool basis who may be of interest to the national media immediately after the presentation of the award has taken place.

A Royal Rota of photographers and television crews take their places at a press position in the Quadrangle where recipients who are happy to be interviewed may be photographed/filmed with their awards after the ceremony completes (normally around 12.15 p.m.).

Reporters may also join this press position, and to do so, they should contact Buckingham Palace press office no later than 48 hours prior to the Investiture date.

Given how modest Andy is I'd be surprised if he consents to having footage of the moment of investiture released to the media, although if he does I'd imagine only BBC Scotland and/or STV would be interested.  Otherwise I reckon how much we see will depend on how far Andy is willing to have pics/videos made available to his fans.
[ Last edit by Aileen April 28, 2013, 01:56 AM ] IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #15231 on: April 28, 2013, 02:22 AM »

Love you Aileen  wub
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #15232 on: April 28, 2013, 02:31 AM »

Love you too Angie bigarmhug  (Angie's pissed by the way!) lol
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #15233 on: April 28, 2013, 02:38 AM »

Love you too Angie bigarmhug  (Angie's pissed by the way!) lol

Aha...you know I've been so busy with my visitors that haven't been on here but I missed it lol especially my wee buddy Aileen
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #15234 on: April 28, 2013, 02:49 AM »

Aha...you know I've been so busy with my visitors that haven't been on here but I missed it lol especially my wee buddy Aileen
What about your other wee buddy Connor?  Been missing him?  He doesn't seem to be around much just now though.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #15235 on: April 28, 2013, 02:53 AM »

What about your other wee buddy Connor?  Been missing him?  He doesn't seem to be around much just now though.

Yeah Aileen I miss Connor  maybe he has a girlfriend and ditched his 2 older lady friends?? Whistle
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #15236 on: April 28, 2013, 02:59 AM »

Yeah Aileen I miss Connor   maybe he has a girlfriend and ditched his 2 older lady friends?? Whistle
We should be so lucky ... wink
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #15237 on: April 28, 2013, 10:02 AM »

Aileen and Linda,thank you so much for the info on the investitures!I really appreciate it hug
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #15238 on: April 28, 2013, 10:16 AM »

I can only go by what I've seen, but there has already been footage shown of a few Olympians getting their gongs.  A bit of a mixture of people getting them pinned on, and interviews afterwards, or sometimes just footage of them posing for the photos with their guests.  You never see audience reaction, nor is there any sound.

I think it would be odd if Andy were to deny the rights to show him getting the award, as he's already a public figure, and it's about recognising the value of sport, so would be a bit of a snub to those who nominated him.  It defeats the purpose if you want to do it on the quiet.  I'd think that particular condition is only normally relevant to people who aren't already public figures, in particular the people who work at MI5 who need to keep a low profile for obvious security reasons.

How much, if anything, is shown on the news will depend on what else is happening that day.  Quite a lot of attention was given to the first round of investitures for the Olympians, but I think that was because it was the first lot, and they were able to make a feature of the event.

This news article from February has a video showing the kind of footage that is available.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21612386

I remember on the actual news, they showed more interviews with recipients, and only little bits of the ceremony.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #15239 on: April 28, 2013, 10:21 AM »

I can only go by what I've seen, but there has already been footage shown of a few Olympians getting their gongs.  A bit of a mixture of people getting them pinned on, and interviews afterwards, or sometimes just footage of them posing for the photos with their guests.  You never see audience reaction, nor is there any sound.

I think it would be odd if Andy were to deny the rights to show him getting the award, as he's already a public figure, and it's about recognising the value of sport, so would be a bit of a snub to those who nominated him.  It defeats the purpose if you want to do it on the quiet.  I'd think that particular condition is only normally relevant to people who aren't already public figures, in particular the people who work at MI5 who need to keep a low profile for obvious security reasons.

How much, if anything, is shown on the news will depend on what else is happening that day.  Quite a lot of attention was given to the first round of investitures for the Olympians, but I think that was because it was the first lot, and they were able to make a feature of the event.

This news article from February has a video showing the kind of footage that is available.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21612386

I remember on the actual news, they showed more interviews with recipients, and only little bits of the ceremony.

Thanks so much Sparkle! hug

Guess we won't get treated to the whole thing like I was hoping then-but I really hope we get to see lots of it! Fingers crossed
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1013 1014 1015 [1016] 1017 1018 1019 ... 1339 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »