Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray Pictures 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1085 1086 1087 [1088] 1089 1090 1091 ... 1324 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray Pictures

(Read 764407 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #16305 on: July 11, 2013, 11:23 PM »

roflmao

I only looked at some of the captions offered, mostly pretty poor unfortunately.  I enjoyed this one though - "This is the closest my party will ever get to a Scottish success!"

Someone was looking for his name on the trophy without realising it was on the base Smile.
Poor lad.   How was he supposed to know that?  It would have been very inappropriate though to warn him in advance just in case he won.  Anyway there's a happy ending!

Andy's latest Column - BBC Sport
News - Tuesday, July 9 2013

When I looked at the Wimbledon trophy and my name wasn’t on it, there was a moment when I thought ‘What’s going on?’ To hold that unique, historic trophy on Centre Court was an incredible feeling, but when I was looking down the names of the past winners, I couldn’t find my own.

It turns out they’ve run out of space over the years and my name is on the base, so I didn’t actually get to see my name when I was handed the trophy, but I can confirm it’s on the one I have at home!
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #16306 on: July 11, 2013, 11:31 PM »

I really do love how quickly things are done at Wimbledon. The name of the winner on the board before he is even off the court. The name on the trophy or the base as it turns out. Andy even had his replica trophy when he left the ball that night.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #16307 on: July 11, 2013, 11:35 PM »

Wish I'd seen that.  It's great!

I thought of you when I posted it. A real shame you didn't get to see it.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #16308 on: July 11, 2013, 11:35 PM »

I really do love how quickly things are done at Wimbledon. The name of the winner on the board before he is even off the court. The name on the trophy or the base as it turns out. Andy even had his replica trophy when he left the ball that night.
That's modern technology for you.  It would be interesting to know how long Fred Perry had to wait!

I thought of you when I posted it. A real shame you didn't get to see it.
I never went out after the match but even if I had I wouldn't have seen it.  It's rather a shame that this isn't the middle of winter when there would be plenty of darkness for people to see it.

[ Last edit by Aileen July 11, 2013, 11:40 PM ] IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #16309 on: July 11, 2013, 11:41 PM »

If they did a film (big if, I think), it'd probably be only Wimbledon 2013, maybe with a bit of 2012 thrown in.
That would be a terrible film. The whole reason why people find a movie appealing is his story getting to that point.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #16310 on: July 12, 2013, 09:22 AM »

That is one of the areas that Wimbledon gets right. It was great to see his name on the board, and Andy's slight disbelief at it. I'm glad he had his trophy straight away. I'm sure that will make it seem more real.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #16311 on: July 12, 2013, 10:39 AM »

Found a lovely picture of Kim and Ivan Smile

* ZUM00573467.jpg (67.74 KB, 500x426 - viewed 516 times.)
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #16312 on: July 12, 2013, 11:20 AM »

Has anyone found a picture of the honours board with his name on it? I also really covert a picture of the board by the entrance to the grounds where they put up the winners as the tournament progresses. I want to see Mr M there as the last man standing. 
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #16313 on: July 12, 2013, 01:35 PM »

Some guy said that if Andy won Wimbledon he would get him tattoed onto his backside

IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #16314 on: July 12, 2013, 03:48 PM »

What would be really nice ...maybe they could deduct it from the substantial wimbledon profits.....would be proper seating for the players with a sun canopy for the players and ref.

The current seating is terrible... they look like those cheap uncomfortable outdoor cafe chairs that give me a sore ass and back after 10 mins of sitting on them.
[ Last edit by ABF July 12, 2013, 04:01 PM ] IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #16315 on: July 12, 2013, 05:07 PM »

Andy with a fan during his visit to Starbucks earlier on....

* image.jpg (93.23 KB, 768x1024 - viewed 53 times.)
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #16316 on: July 12, 2013, 05:50 PM »

Some guy said that if Andy won Wimbledon he would get him tattoed onto his backside

lol  That's a pretty good tattoo, but I hope Andy doesn't mind being sat on!

Andy with a fan during his visit to Starbucks earlier on....
He should be away on holiday now not hanging around in London, where I assume that pic was taken.
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #16317 on: July 12, 2013, 05:59 PM »

Maybe Andy would like to spend time in his house he hardly sees for the year.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #16318 on: July 12, 2013, 06:07 PM »

I've just been looking at the detail on the trophy in the tattoo. Then I realised I was staring quite intently at a stranger's backside!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #16319 on: July 12, 2013, 06:21 PM »

I've just been looking at the detail on the trophy in the tattoo. Then I realised I was staring quite intently at a stranger's backside!
Yes it's pretty good on 400% zoom. wink  The detail is quite amazing.

Maybe Andy would like to spend time in his house he hardly sees for the year.
There is that possibility, but I'm sure he said he and Kim were going on holiday somewhere to get rest and peace before he goes to Miami for training.  I hope he does do that because he'll only get pestered wherever he goes at home.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1085 1086 1087 [1088] 1089 1090 1091 ... 1324 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »