Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson, Friday, Time: 12 noon BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray Pictures 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1089 1090 1091 [1092] 1093 1094 1095 ... 1347 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray Pictures

(Read 804650 times)
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #16365 on: July 16, 2013, 08:28 PM »

It's the milk bottle colour that gives him away lol.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #16366 on: July 16, 2013, 10:08 PM »

Yeh thats the down side of factor 30!
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #16367 on: July 16, 2013, 10:13 PM »

Andy after the match with Doug Dickson (the senior locker room attendant retiring from carrying the bags after 42 years.What a special match for his last!)

Brilliant. I've no doubt he was proud to do it, but am I the only one that felt a little uncomfortable at an old guy having to lug two kit bags in that heat? Too close to the old snobby gentlemens' club values for me, I'm afraid.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #16368 on: July 16, 2013, 10:58 PM »

Brilliant. I've no doubt he was proud to do it, but am I the only one that felt a little uncomfortable at an old guy having to lug two kit bags in that heat? Too close to the old snobby gentlemens' club values for me, I'm afraid.

I have to agree that it didn't look good. Was it 4 bags he was carrying? It was something like that. I'm not a big fan of seeing young girls shielding male players (or female players) from the sun either.  Can't they just have an umbrella with a base that gets put up when the player sits down?

Did anybody hear what Doug Dickson said to Andy before the hug? He just said, "proud".
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #16369 on: July 17, 2013, 03:25 AM »

His arms are tanned though.  You can see in some of the pics where his shirt sleeve ends.  Anyway I don't care because his body is just so gorgeous. wub

Andy after the match with Doug Dickson (the senior locker room attendant retiring from carrying the bags after 42 years.What a special match for his last!)

Aww that's so nice.

I take your point, but this is Wimbledon, so what do you expect?  Also I'm sure the gentleman has lugged kit bags in the heat before.  Definitely time he retired though.

Incidentally Andy is well-known for being helpful to staff in all the other tournaments he plays in, unlike Djoko, Nadal and Fed who want everything done for them, so I'm sure he'd have carried the bags himself had it not been for the snooty Wimbledon protocol.

[ Last edit by Aileen July 17, 2013, 03:29 AM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #16370 on: July 17, 2013, 04:16 AM »

That is so nice.

Found this snippet on the Mail website hug

An enormously popular figure among generations of Wimbledon players, senior locker room attendant Doug Dickson (no relation), brought the men’s finalists bags onto court for the last time on Sunday. He is leaving the All England Club after 42 years’ service and is taking up a similar post at Queen’s Club in Fulham. He is so well regarded by Rafael Nadal, for instance, that he has a standing invitation to visit him any time he goes to Mallorca.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2358992/Andy-Murrays-Wimbledon-sanctum--Mike-Dickson.html#ixzz2ZGjxkHyM
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #16371 on: July 17, 2013, 04:24 AM »

^ Thanks Bev.  I liked the bit about Andy's hidey-hole!
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #16372 on: July 17, 2013, 09:17 AM »

^ Thanks Bev.  I liked the bit about Andy's hidey-hole!
  Interested to read in the linked article ( Murray full of surprises) about his admiration for Gordon Brown. Whatever you think of Browns politics, and I certainly don't share them, he is another example of a thoroughly decent man driven by core beliefs, and utterly trashed by the press for being who he is.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #16373 on: July 17, 2013, 09:50 AM »

It did seem odd, and we all commented on it where I was watching. Still, it's a lovely hug Andy is giving him afterwards, and I'm sure it will be a great memory for Doug Dickson.

I was also a bit surprised that at the women's final, the players (carrying their own kit), were then handed a huge bouquet of flowers to carry on to court as well, which they then weren't sure what to do with. I thought they had enough to think about already!

IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #16374 on: July 17, 2013, 10:07 AM »

I think there were ball girls to carry the women's bags, but for some reason Marion is carrying hers there. 

Regarding Doug carrying the bags, although it looked a bit odd, I think him carrying the bags was supposed to be a reward for his services to date.   It's not like they forced him into it.

I imagine Doug is hugging Andy to say well done, while Andy is hugging him to say how relieved he was to see he survived! lol
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #16375 on: July 17, 2013, 10:21 AM »

^^ I just watched the clip again to be sure I remembered correctly - and both women were carrying their own bags. Marion started to take hers off when presented with the flowers, but then put it back on, took the flowers and went on court. She put hers on the ground, Sabine arranged hers on a chair. Presumably they got taken away out of the sun at some point!
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #16376 on: July 17, 2013, 10:22 AM »

My Oh and I both thought it odd for the old chap to carry the bags.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #16377 on: July 17, 2013, 11:16 AM »

I'm sure the ladies have always had their bags carried onto court in previous finals.  Maybe Marion and Sabine made the decision to carry the bags themselves.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #16378 on: July 17, 2013, 07:25 PM »

Interested to read in the linked article ( Murray full of surprises) about his admiration for Gordon Brown. Whatever you think of Browns politics, and I certainly don't share them, he is another example of a thoroughly decent man driven by core beliefs, and utterly trashed by the press for being who he is.
I agree with Murray on that one.  As far as I'm concerned Brown should never have become a politician because he wasn't cut out for the dog eat dog world of politics, so unfortunately he came across as being an arrogant buffoon, yet he's a man who has also shown a great deal of humanity and humility, especially outside of the political arena.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Murray Pictures « Reply #16379 on: July 17, 2013, 08:52 PM »

I agree with Murray on that one.  As far as I'm concerned Brown should never have become a politician because he wasn't cut out for the dog eat dog world of politics, so unfortunately he came across as being an arrogant buffoon, yet he's a man who has also shown a great deal of humanity and humility, especially outside of the political arena.
Perhaps the world of Politics needs a lot more of these guys who actually manage to see a bigger picture and remain remotely human.  There's no bigger arrogant buffoon than our current First Minister.  His behaviour at Wimbledon was cringeworthy, as usual.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1089 1090 1091 [1092] 1093 1094 1095 ... 1347 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »