Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  PMS QF: Murray v Nalbandian 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] Go Down Reply
Author

PMS QF: Murray v Nalbandian

(Read 5776 times)
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: PMS QF: Murray v Nalbandian « Reply #300 on: October 31, 2008, 03:17 PM »

650 points for the win in Shanghai, how good would that be?
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: PMS QF: Murray v Nalbandian « Reply #301 on: October 31, 2008, 03:26 PM »

I think he'll make it through the groups. He's got what it takes to beat Roddick, Nole, Donkey, Simon and Pony boy. If Nalbandian makes it on this form he'll be tricky. Blake stands a decent chance too now with Fedex out of Paris and Andy'd take him down.

Final definately possible with the right draw and would be amazing. Fedex and Nadal Andy can obviously beat on a given day but he'd probably have to beat one of them twice to win the thing and that could be tough. SF and I'm satisfied. With the form he's in, anything less than that would be disappointing.

Mind you, he is Scottish. He's likely gonna beat Nadal in the groups then lose to Georgia!
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: PMS QF: Murray v Nalbandian « Reply #302 on: October 31, 2008, 03:39 PM »

I'm thinking on asking for Andy's book 'Hittng Back' for Chrismas. Has anyone read it and is it worth reading. He's so young for an autob.?
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: PMS QF: Murray v Nalbandian « Reply #303 on: October 31, 2008, 06:24 PM »

I'm thinking on asking for Andy's book 'Hittng Back' for Chrismas. Has anyone read it and is it worth reading. He's so young for an autob.?

I enjoyed it, I think it gives a good insight into the tour and a junior coming up through the ranks. There's lots of Andy's side of the story to all the media controversies too, which is reassuring.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: PMS QF: Murray v Nalbandian « Reply #304 on: October 31, 2008, 06:33 PM »

I enjoyed it. I'd recommend getting it. A Murray fan would like it.
IP Logged
pggtips
Futures Level

Re: PMS QF: Murray v Nalbandian « Reply #305 on: October 31, 2008, 06:52 PM »

Haven't seen the match yet. Andy fought well at 2-5. I'm sure he'll be bouncing again come Shanghai after a week's rest and if even if he doesn't, he'll still have had a phenomenal year. Djokovic last year lost early in Paris, Madrid and Shanghai and in his first tournament back, wins the Australian Open.

All looking good for Andy.
IP Logged
jenkitractorboy

Re: PMS QF: Murray v Nalbandian « Reply #306 on: October 31, 2008, 07:28 PM »

I felt this might be a match too far.  However he can and should hold his head high.  As somebody else has said he has the best record on tour since Wimbledon, and hopefully can have a good start next year.  Whatever these last 3 months have been absolutely awesome.

It is just a shame that the media and general public do not have a better appreciation of what Andy has achieved this year.  I am a football fan, but it is a shame that so many of the newspapers sports pages are dedicated to Premier league football and then horse racing of all things.  

Andy will not feature high in the sports personality of the year vote.  He may get top 10, but in an olympic year when GB has done so well, and when Lewis Hamilton is likely to win the F1 world championship, I suspect the top 3 will come from that group.  

Prediction is for a win in one of the grand slams in the next two years - hopefully the AO in Jan 09.

IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: PMS QF: Murray v Nalbandian « Reply #307 on: October 31, 2008, 07:31 PM »

I felt this might be a match too far.  However he can and should hold his head high.  As somebody else has said he has the best record on tour since Wimbledon, and hopefully can have a good start next year.  Whatever these last 3 months have been absolutely awesome.

It is just a shame that the media and general public do not have a better appreciation of what Andy has achieved this year.  I am a football fan, but it is a shame that so many of the newspapers sports pages are dedicated to Premier league football and then horse racing of all things.  

Andy will not feature high in the sports personality of the year vote.  He may get top 10, but in an olympic year when GB has done so well, and when Lewis Hamilton is likely to win the F1 world championship, I suspect the top 3 will come from that group.  

Prediction is for a win in one of the grand slams in the next two years - hopefully the AO in Jan 09.

I'll never understand the obsession with F1. They drive a car. To me, that sort of thing has nothing on a sport like tennis or football. The skill and talent required just isn't on the same level.
IP Logged
jenkitractorboy

Re: PMS QF: Murray v Nalbandian « Reply #308 on: October 31, 2008, 07:42 PM »

I am not obsessed with F1 personally.  I think they have talent, and are probably very athletic.  Looking at the top drivers they are all in very good shape.  My problem with it is that the outcome is often resolved through technical issues such as engine failures or pit stops.  That is not sport as far as I am concerned.

For me the sports personality of this year is Chris Hoy who won 3 golds, on top of the medals he won in Athens.  He also won a number of golds at the world championships, I think including in events that he cannot compete in at the olympics as the event is not held then.  I suspect that Rebecca (?) Adlington may take it.  I think the BBC try to influence the outcome anyway through their trailers for the voting and the programme.  

Who do you think will take it?  Perhaps this should be a fresh link?
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: PMS QF: Murray v Nalbandian « Reply #309 on: October 31, 2008, 09:54 PM »

Thanks Joe and Clydey for your comments re Andy's book 'Hitting Back' - I'll definitely ask for it for Christmas. Some of the media comments about him infuriate me - they are often so unfair. People do not seem to look behind what they read in the press. They don't have the benefit of following him closely, hearing the comments of people like Mark Petchey who know him well and don't bother to listen or read what Andy himself has to say - they just make their judgements on bad press.  wave wave
IP Logged
Sarah_
Top Seed

Re: PMS QF: Murray v Nalbandian « Reply #310 on: November 01, 2008, 02:25 PM »

I enjoyed it. I'd recommend getting it. A Murray fan would like it.

I didn't like it.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: PMS QF: Murray v Nalbandian « Reply #311 on: November 01, 2008, 02:39 PM »

I didn't like it.

Ok, I'll rephrase. I think most Murray fans would like it.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: PMS QF: Murray v Nalbandian « Reply #312 on: November 01, 2008, 02:40 PM »

Thanks Joe and Clydey for your comments re Andy's book 'Hitting Back' - I'll definitely ask for it for Christmas. Some of the media comments about him infuriate me - they are often so unfair. People do not seem to look behind what they read in the press. They don't have the benefit of following him closely, hearing the comments of people like Mark Petchey who know him well and don't bother to listen or read what Andy himself has to say - they just make their judgements on bad press.  wave wave
You can see a summary of the best bits here.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »