Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R1: Murray vs Zayed 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Reply
Author

Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R1: Murray vs Zayed

(Read 3409 times)
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R1: Murray vs Zayed « Reply #15 on: December 28, 2013, 11:38 PM »

Ok maybe not but im almost sure I could bagel you boyo.

HA HA HA HA HA HA
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R1: Murray vs Zayed « Reply #16 on: December 28, 2013, 11:43 PM »

HA HA HA HA HA HA

w00t
IP Logged
RD

Re: Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R1: Murray vs Zayed « Reply #17 on: December 29, 2013, 01:00 AM »

A nice, easy match for Andy to return to the tour. I expect a straight-forward win, maybe even 6-0, 6-0.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R1: Murray vs Zayed « Reply #18 on: December 29, 2013, 05:36 AM »

Nothing wrong with calling someone a chimpanze.

Yses there is.
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R1: Murray vs Zayed « Reply #19 on: December 29, 2013, 09:09 AM »

Rest of the draw looks good too?

No Berdych unless he reaches the final. Never good to meet someone who may be difficult before the semis? If Andy does make it that far then it should be Ferrer to play in the semi which will be a really good test of his training preparation in Miami! 

I think a good run here would be useful, perhaps three matches, as an adequate lead up to the AO.

IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R1: Murray vs Zayed « Reply #20 on: December 29, 2013, 10:07 AM »

Rest of the draw looks good too?

No Berdych unless he reaches the final. Never good to meet someone who may be difficult before the semis? If Andy does make it that far then it should be Ferrer to play in the semi which will be a really good test of his training preparation in Miami! 

I think a good run here would be useful, perhaps three matches, as an adequate lead up to the AO.

Berdych?? Didnt realise he was playing!  More likely to be Nadal in final.
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R1: Murray vs Zayed « Reply #21 on: December 29, 2013, 10:42 AM »

Berdych?? Didnt realise he was playing!  More likely to be Nadal in final.

Looking at Nadal in Abu Dhabi he could easily falter before the final. He played as inconsistently as he did in the WTC final. I assume he might be more motivated in Doha?  Berdych is seeded 4 in the other half. I just do not understand how Andy's team have not yet worked out that to beat him everything has to be long to give him no chance for big hitting. Andy just has put his shots mid court every time he has lost.  I just worry every time they meet because the head to head does not reflect AM's greater ability!

Noted that Dan Evans is playing for a qualification spot in Doha today but sadly that James Ward lost in qualifying in Brisbane.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R1: Murray vs Zayed « Reply #22 on: December 29, 2013, 01:06 PM »

Andy normally plays his worst when there's no challenge in the match.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R1: Murray vs Zayed « Reply #23 on: December 29, 2013, 07:25 PM »

Andy normally plays his worst when there's no challenge in the match.
   Hope he doesn't let nerves and diplomacy hamper his game as he's playing a Quatari - otherwise I'd be looking for a double bagel.
IP Logged
treggers

Re: Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R1: Murray vs Zayed « Reply #24 on: December 29, 2013, 11:15 PM »

Andy is a gent and will often try and get a game out of his opponent. If that is not the case it is good for practising his serve.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R1: Murray vs Zayed « Reply #25 on: December 29, 2013, 11:30 PM »

I know nothing about Andy's R1 opponent, other than he looks vaguely familiar, but I have no idea why.

Andy starting off with a nice thrashing would make me happy.

Win the tourney Andy lad, I need a reason to open the nice bottle of red my brother bought me for Christmas!
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R1: Murray vs Zayed « Reply #26 on: December 29, 2013, 11:33 PM »

I know nothing about Andy's R1 opponent, other than he looks vaguely familiar, but I have no idea why.

Andy starting off with a nice thrashing would make me happy.

Win the tourney Andy lad, I need a reason to open the nice bottle of red my brother bought me for Christmas!

Looks a bit like Monfils mate.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R1: Murray vs Zayed « Reply #27 on: December 29, 2013, 11:59 PM »

Looks a bit like Monfils mate.

I thought Monfils at first and talked myself out of it Smile. There is definitely a bit of a resemblance though.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R1: Murray vs Zayed « Reply #28 on: December 30, 2013, 12:27 AM »

Open the red to cheer Andy's return to the tour!  Love the ATP banner @Andy's Back!' - V clever  play on words (and shows they apppreciate having him!). Just had a wee pre season warm up watching the Man behind the racquet docu and set 3 of Wimby final. And a wee glass or 2 of a Christmas gift (in lieu of not yet using my main gift - new racquet, much excited). Am now good to go. I was at the O2 where they very much dramatised the 'It all ends here' - loving the current 'It all begins here'. #rubshandsinanticipation
IP Logged
Tonedial
Challenger Level

WORTH THE WAIT

Re: Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R1: Murray vs Zayed « Reply #29 on: December 30, 2013, 04:51 AM »

Andy playing in doubles today 2.00pm http://www.flashscores.co.uk/tennis/atp-doubles/doha/

Singles program [andy plays singles tuesday] http://www.flashscores.co.uk/tennis/atp-singles/doha/
[ Last edit by Tonedial December 30, 2013, 10:40 AM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »