Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R1: Murray vs Zayed 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] Go Down Reply
Author

Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R1: Murray vs Zayed

(Read 3275 times)
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R1: Murray vs Zayed « Reply #120 on: December 31, 2013, 04:14 PM »

I think Zayed would be very happy to play against Andy, it is very rare for such match-ups. My cousin (also named Zayed) was a ball boy for this match and was soooooo excited to be one for this particular match even though he is not a great Andy fan so, I think the player Zayed would have also enjoyed to share the court with him to some extent. Smile
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R1: Murray vs Zayed « Reply #121 on: December 31, 2013, 04:19 PM »

maybe this will inspire Zayed to work hard and be a really good player .
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R1: Murray vs Zayed « Reply #122 on: December 31, 2013, 08:52 PM »

Ridiculous match up. Pointless match. I doubt Andy or his team learned anything from that. I thought Andy played poorly in the sense that he missed alot of easy shots , by his standards. Played as well as he had to.... and thats about it.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R1: Murray vs Zayed « Reply #123 on: December 31, 2013, 09:05 PM »

maybe this will inspire Zayed to work hard and be a really good player .

Hopefully it inspires Zayed to work really hard .... at a different sport.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R1: Murray vs Zayed « Reply #124 on: December 31, 2013, 09:36 PM »

Hopefully it inspires Zayed to work really hard .... at a different sport.

Bit harsh? He's young and from a country that doesn't take sport very seriously. 0 good Qatari athletes. Zayed was as good as he could get. He should try to get to a training camp in the US or something, I think he could become a good player, not top, but good. He's a good mover by the looks of things.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R1: Murray vs Zayed « Reply #125 on: December 31, 2013, 11:42 PM »

Bit harsh? He's young and from a country that doesn't take sport very seriously. 0 good Qatari athletes. Zayed was as good as he could get. He should try to get to a training camp in the US or something, I think he could become a good player, not top, but good. He's a good mover by the looks of things.
He has 1 ranking point at 19. Which he won against another unranked player. I would be amazed if he ever broke the top 1000, let alone become 'good', by professional standards anyway.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R1: Murray vs Zayed « Reply #126 on: January 01, 2014, 02:14 AM »

It really must be a positive experience for low ranked players to play against one of the top guys. Not everyday that happens.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R1: Murray vs Zayed « Reply #127 on: January 01, 2014, 02:43 AM »

Zayed is a poor mans (or maybe rich mans) Johnny Groove.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R1: Murray vs Zayed « Reply #128 on: January 01, 2014, 02:44 AM »

I think Zayed would be very happy to play against Andy, it is very rare for such match-ups. My cousin (also named Zayed) was a ball boy for this match and was soooooo excited to be one for this particular match even though he is not a great Andy fan so, I think the player Zayed would have also enjoyed to share the court with him to some extent. Smile

Did he pay to be a ball boy?
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R1: Murray vs Zayed « Reply #129 on: January 01, 2014, 09:23 AM »

Did he pay to be a ball boy?

No, he trains in the camp where classes are taken in the Doha tennis courts. So, the students get a chance to be a ball boy/girl depending on their level and experience of play.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R1: Murray vs Zayed « Reply #130 on: January 01, 2014, 02:08 PM »

No, he trains in the camp where classes are taken in the Doha tennis courts. So, the students get a chance to be a ball boy/girl depending on their level and experience of play.

Awesome
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R1: Murray vs Zayed « Reply #131 on: January 01, 2014, 02:12 PM »

Awesome

I was surprised by your question, prod....do we ever have to pay to be a ball boy/girl? I thought this was the way they were selected everywhere.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R1: Murray vs Zayed « Reply #132 on: January 01, 2014, 02:53 PM »

It was a joke in reference to the fact that Zayed paid for his wildcard
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R1: Murray vs Zayed « Reply #133 on: January 01, 2014, 02:55 PM »

It was a joke in reference to the fact that Zayed paid for his wildcard

Oh. Not aware that Zayed paid for that.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »