Andy Murray vs Santiago Giraldo, Sunday, 4:00pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R1: Murray vs Zayed
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] Reply

Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R1: Murray vs Zayed

I think Zayed would be very happy to play against Andy, it is very rare for such match-ups. My cousin (also named Zayed) was a ball boy for this match and was soooooo excited to be one for this particular match even though he is not a great Andy fan so, I think the player Zayed would have also enjoyed to share the court with him to some extent. Smile
IP Logged

maybe this will inspire Zayed to work hard and be a really good player .
IP Logged
ABF

Ridiculous match up. Pointless match. I doubt Andy or his team learned anything from that. I thought Andy played poorly in the sense that he missed alot of easy shots , by his standards. Played as well as he had to.... and thats about it.
IP Logged
ABF

maybe this will inspire Zayed to work hard and be a really good player .

Hopefully it inspires Zayed to work really hard .... at a different sport.
IP Logged

Hopefully it inspires Zayed to work really hard .... at a different sport.

Bit harsh? He's young and from a country that doesn't take sport very seriously. 0 good Qatari athletes. Zayed was as good as he could get. He should try to get to a training camp in the US or something, I think he could become a good player, not top, but good. He's a good mover by the looks of things.
IP Logged

Bit harsh? He's young and from a country that doesn't take sport very seriously. 0 good Qatari athletes. Zayed was as good as he could get. He should try to get to a training camp in the US or something, I think he could become a good player, not top, but good. He's a good mover by the looks of things.
He has 1 ranking point at 19. Which he won against another unranked player. I would be amazed if he ever broke the top 1000, let alone become 'good', by professional standards anyway.
IP Logged

It really must be a positive experience for low ranked players to play against one of the top guys. Not everyday that happens.
IP Logged

Zayed is a poor mans (or maybe rich mans) Johnny Groove.
IP Logged

I think Zayed would be very happy to play against Andy, it is very rare for such match-ups. My cousin (also named Zayed) was a ball boy for this match and was soooooo excited to be one for this particular match even though he is not a great Andy fan so, I think the player Zayed would have also enjoyed to share the court with him to some extent. Smile

Did he pay to be a ball boy?
IP Logged

Did he pay to be a ball boy?

No, he trains in the camp where classes are taken in the Doha tennis courts. So, the students get a chance to be a ball boy/girl depending on their level and experience of play.
IP Logged

No, he trains in the camp where classes are taken in the Doha tennis courts. So, the students get a chance to be a ball boy/girl depending on their level and experience of play.

Awesome
IP Logged

Awesome

I was surprised by your question, prod....do we ever have to pay to be a ball boy/girl? I thought this was the way they were selected everywhere.
IP Logged

It was a joke in reference to the fact that Zayed paid for his wildcard
IP Logged

It was a joke in reference to the fact that Zayed paid for his wildcard

Oh. Not aware that Zayed paid for that.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] Reply