Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson, Friday, Time: 12 noon BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R2: Murray vs F. Mayer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 Go Down Reply
Author

Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R2: Murray vs F. Mayer

(Read 6342 times)
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R2: Murray vs F. Mayer « Reply #390 on: January 02, 2014, 03:28 PM »

I know, Angie - and I just don't get it.  I guess it just sucks to be them!  Very Happy 

Defo  yes sad lives I expect...more to be pitied.
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R2: Murray vs F. Mayer « Reply #391 on: January 02, 2014, 03:31 PM »

I know, Angie - and I just don't get it.  I guess it just sucks to be them!  Very Happy 

I agree 100% Elly and AngieB - I don't understand how a fan's forum can sometimes degenerate into such negativity.

After 07 July 2013, as far as I'm concerned if Andy never won another match he'd still be my all time sporting hero.  Anything more is a bonus.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R2: Murray vs F. Mayer « Reply #392 on: January 02, 2014, 03:41 PM »

Defo  yes sad lives I expect...more to be pitied.
Totally agree with you and Elly. My consolation is that Andy will consign their predictions in the nearest dustbin. As I have said earlier this week Andy lost the 1st Round in Queens and the usual suspects said he would not win a Slam, do badly in the coming Wimbledon (2012), yayaya.
I'm just so glad that Andy always believes that he will find a way to win and doesn't go down the negative road.
I feel we have more reason for optimism as Andy is playing without pain and will soon get match fit. Lendl and his team will ensure he has plenty of practice with other players before AO as well as some exho matches. If he can get a fairly easy draw in the beginning of the Open he can play himself in and he will have a day in between to recover, and he won't have to have as much work done on his back which must have been a real chore.
So I'm going to wait and see but will be sending positive vibes in Andy's direction.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R2: Murray vs F. Mayer « Reply #393 on: January 02, 2014, 03:48 PM »

For me, Andy is so very much his own person.  He's not out to please anyone other than himself. 
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R2: Murray vs F. Mayer « Reply #394 on: January 02, 2014, 03:48 PM »

Sydney is an incredibly weak field in retrospect. He should play there.

Yes, del Potro is Sydney's top seed, he's only 500 odd ranking points behind Andy, MASSIVELY WEAK FIELD...
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R2: Murray vs F. Mayer « Reply #395 on: January 02, 2014, 03:53 PM »

And some just love to be negative no matter what!! They thrive on andys losses and seems to me they take pleasure in it....dont know why they even bother being here. No need to name any names I guess you all know who im talking about.

Oh cry me a river.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R2: Murray vs F. Mayer « Reply #396 on: January 02, 2014, 03:59 PM »

Yes, del Potro is Sydney's top seed, he's only 500 odd ranking points behind Andy, MASSIVELY WEAK FIELD...

And whose seeded 2-8?
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R2: Murray vs F. Mayer « Reply #397 on: January 02, 2014, 04:08 PM »

Don't know why you are so negative Gangsta. Elly is right try to be a bit more optamistic you are so negative. If you do not support Andy why are you on MW. I cannot understand your attitude at all.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R2: Murray vs F. Mayer « Reply #398 on: January 02, 2014, 04:15 PM »

Defo  yes sad lives I expect...more to be pitied.

Quite! They can't possibly enjoy the highs as much as us  cmon yeah
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R2: Murray vs F. Mayer « Reply #399 on: January 02, 2014, 04:15 PM »

Oh cry me a river.

Piss off
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R2: Murray vs F. Mayer « Reply #400 on: January 02, 2014, 04:20 PM »

Just read an article,  in andys own words he says hes defo not playing sydney and prefers to go straight to Melbourne get match practice with top players and maybe get a match in that exhibition.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R2: Murray vs F. Mayer « Reply #401 on: January 02, 2014, 04:23 PM »

Don't know why you are so negative Gangsta. Elly is right try to be a bit more optamistic you are so negative. If you do not support Andy why are you on MW. I cannot understand your attitude at all.

Eh? Our names are on the left. Please use the appropriate name to not cause confusion among the forum.
[ Last edit by GangstaMurray January 02, 2014, 04:35 PM ] IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R2: Murray vs F. Mayer « Reply #402 on: January 02, 2014, 04:25 PM »

Eh?

lol gangsta getting it in the neck again for nowt lol
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R2: Murray vs F. Mayer « Reply #403 on: January 02, 2014, 04:29 PM »

lol gangsta getting it in the neck again for nowt lol

Aye, I think she got me confused with someone else.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014 R2: Murray vs F. Mayer « Reply #404 on: January 02, 2014, 04:47 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised to hear Andy is playing somewhere in the next few days. I suppose a lot of it comes down to how he is physically, whether his back has held up okay.

I missed what he had the trainer out for yesterday, but his back was mentioned. Trust me to leave the room when something happens. I hope he is all right and it's just a matter of getting match fit again.
Sorry if anyone has answered this, but Andy never had the trainer out, unless he was invisible.  However one of the Eurosport comms said he thought Andy had called on the trainer and then immediately jumped to the inevitable conclusion.  I now understand that an icepack was brought, but that doesn't come into the category of actually requiring on-court treatment.
[ Last edit by Aileen January 02, 2014, 04:56 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »