Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Queens F: Murray vs Tsonga 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What are your predictions?
Murrray in 2 - 20 (64.5%)
Murray in 3 - 6 (19.4%)
Tsonga in 2 - 0 (0%)
Tsonga in 3 - 1 (3.2%)
Two pigeons wander onto the court, pick up racquets and take over the match - 4 (12.9%)
Total Voters: 30

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] Go Down Reply
Author

Queens F: Murray vs Tsonga

(Read 8624 times)
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Queens F: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #645 on: June 17, 2011, 03:27 PM »

This is what I am finding on Wimbledon on the Tennis Channel in the US yay:
Monday, Jun. 20  6:00 PM 
Monday, Jun. 20  10:00 PM 
Tuesday, Jun. 21  6:00 PM 
Tuesday, Jun. 21  10:00 PM 
Wednesday, Jun. 22  6:00 PM 
Wednesday, Jun. 22  10:00 PM 
Thursday, Jun. 23  6:00 PM 
Thursday, Jun. 23  10:00 PM 
Friday, Jun. 24  6:00 PM 
Friday, Jun. 24  10:00 PM 
Saturday, Jun. 25  6:00 PM 
Saturday, Jun. 25  10:00 PM 
Sunday, Jun. 26  6:00 PM 
Sunday, Jun. 26  10:00 PM 
Monday, Jun. 27  6:00 PM 
Tuesday, Jun. 28  11:00 PM 
Tuesday, Jun. 28  6:00 PM 
Wednesday, Jun. 29  11:00 PM 
Wednesday, Jun. 29  6:00 PM 
Thursday, Jun. 30  11:00 PM 
 yay
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Queens F: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #646 on: June 17, 2011, 04:01 PM »

This is what I am finding on Wimbledon on the Tennis Channel in the US yay:
Monday, Jun. 20  6:00 PM 
Monday, Jun. 20  10:00 PM 
Tuesday, Jun. 21  6:00 PM 
Tuesday, Jun. 21  10:00 PM 
Wednesday, Jun. 22  6:00 PM 
Wednesday, Jun. 22  10:00 PM 
Thursday, Jun. 23  6:00 PM 
Thursday, Jun. 23  10:00 PM 
Friday, Jun. 24  6:00 PM 
Friday, Jun. 24  10:00 PM 
Saturday, Jun. 25  6:00 PM 
Saturday, Jun. 25  10:00 PM 
Sunday, Jun. 26  6:00 PM 
Sunday, Jun. 26  10:00 PM 
Monday, Jun. 27  6:00 PM 
Tuesday, Jun. 28  11:00 PM 
Tuesday, Jun. 28  6:00 PM 
Wednesday, Jun. 29  11:00 PM 
Wednesday, Jun. 29  6:00 PM 
Thursday, Jun. 30  11:00 PM 
 yay

I'm pleased for you Apollo and all fellow Andy fans the other side of the pond.  Enjoy!
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Queens F: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #647 on: June 17, 2011, 05:19 PM »

Oops sorry for the bad info,but none of this is live,they are all replays ..right?I guess i will watch live score hunter and if he wins then i will watch his game.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Queens F: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #648 on: June 17, 2011, 05:39 PM »

Yes unfortunately, tape delay, so have to watch the slow live update  nervous and send good vibes to Andy.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Queens F: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #649 on: June 17, 2011, 07:43 PM »

Yes unfortunately, tape delay, so have to watch the slow live update  nervous and send good vibes to Andy.
Yes you are right ,this guy makes my blood pressure go up to high.LOL
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Queens F: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #650 on: June 17, 2011, 07:58 PM »

I know, when Sampras was on the pro-tour, there wasn't a lot of tennis showing and I would sit on the live update with a chat going and agonize the whole time and of course never watch the matches he lost, only the winners.  Well I swore I would never let a player get to me that way again.....and here I am again wanting so bad for Andy and going on that up and down rollercoaster. doh
IP Logged
scotsgeek28
Futures Level

Re: Queens F: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #651 on: June 17, 2011, 09:02 PM »

LOL...I was always hoping pistol pete would lose, but he was amazing.  Just when an opponent thought they had a chance, BANG came that second serve.  Wish Andy had a second serve like that.  He always loved wimby especially since he was mince at RG and strolled in well rested and ready.

He was always just too good for Henman, the tiger was usually lucky to get a set off him.  I have never been so pumped for a tennis player like Andy. I used to be a typical brit and only noticed tennis when wimby was on, but since I first heard about Andy 7 or 8 years ago when he was just starting on the futures tour, I have developed a whole new appreciation for the game and the tour as a whole, both men's and women's.

Andy is the best most of us will ever see in terms of british talent....so we need to really enjoy the next few weeks and beyond.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Queens F: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #652 on: June 17, 2011, 09:12 PM »

I was at Wimbledon in 2001. I stood in the queue and I slept on the streets to get tickets to get in.  Samprasfanz had a bunch of tents and banners. 

We had wonderful seats then came the terrible night Pete played Federer....and lost.  I've disliked Roger ever since.  But I was happy for Goren to finally win. 

I really liked Tim, he was a wonderful serve and volley player and he could get right up to a final and then have problems closing out a match.  Pete thought a lot of Tim and still does, felt he was good enough to win Wimby.
IP Logged
scotsgeek28
Futures Level

Re: Queens F: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #653 on: June 17, 2011, 09:19 PM »

7 times a wimbledon champion....says it all.  I remember watching that match on TV when he lost to Fed, it was the first time I really noticed him (I think his ponytail should make a comeback BTW!)!  I think Pete lost to George Bastl in his last match at wimby if I recall correctly, and curiously I think that is who Andy played in the first match he played at SW19.  Happy memories...

Pete was a gent, always seemed so calm on court, used to just fiddle with the strings and then concentrate, none of the nonsense we see from Andy at times.

Shame we couldn't have an Andy v Pete match, although the fact he has Nole, Rafa and the Fed is bad enough, Pete can stay retired!
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Queens F: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #654 on: June 18, 2011, 01:16 AM »

I know, when Sampras was on the pro-tour, there wasn't a lot of tennis showing and I would sit on the live update with a chat going and agonize the whole time and of course never watch the matches he lost, only the winners.  Well I swore I would never let a player get to me that way again.....and here I am again wanting so bad for Andy and going on that up and down rollercoaster. doh
I had to smile at your post cos,i can't bear to see Andy lose,my family think i'm nutty.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Queens F: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #655 on: June 18, 2011, 08:17 AM »

LOL...I was always hoping pistol pete would lose, but he was amazing.  Just when an opponent thought they had a chance, BANG came that second serve.  Wish Andy had a second serve like that.  He always loved wimby especially since he was mince at RG and strolled in well rested and ready.

He was always just too good for Henman, the tiger was usually lucky to get a set off him.  I have never been so pumped for a tennis player like Andy. I used to be a typical brit and only noticed tennis when wimby was on, but since I first heard about Andy 7 or 8 years ago when he was just starting on the futures tour, I have developed a whole new appreciation for the game and the tour as a whole, both men's and women's.

Andy is the best most of us will ever see in terms of british talent....so we need to really enjoy the next few weeks and beyond.
That sounds just like me! I never used to take much notice of tennis till one day, my husband told me of the great new young Scottish player who had come on the scene! [He's English by the way]! He's always enjoyed Wimbledon and I think he just wanted company! Well, how could I resist? I watched Andy once and was totally hooked! Now I'm the biggest tennis fan in the house! Very Happy
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Queens F: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #656 on: June 18, 2011, 12:20 PM »

Well one thing I can't agree on Apollo.  I disliked Sampras intensely.  Clearly an ultra-successful player but for me so boring that he sucked the blood out of the game.  Give me Agassi any day.  Sorry. Rolling Eyes
I've always enjoyed tennis and can remember in the 1960s being a fan of Mike Sangster [there that's giving my age away!].  But a combination of getting Sky sports and the emergence of the magnificent Andy Murray has made me something of a fanatic.  And while I liked Agassi I've never followed a player like I follow Andy and never before had to endure the highs and lows of the roller-coaster ride involved in being an Andy fan.  Sometimes I wish I'd never got on because it can be so painful. But I keep coming back for more and then you get a match like the one against Roddick or I see him live beating Tsonga and it's all worth it.     yay
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Queens F: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #657 on: June 20, 2011, 03:44 PM »

Well, you have a right to your opinion about Sampras.  I know him personally and he was very focused on court and his dad was strict about his behavior on court. 

Some people like the showman act of Agassi, or Connors,  some like the bad boy act of McEnroe.  To each their own.  I loved watching the wonderful tennis that Pete played, just as I like the amazing tennis that Andy plays.

It is painful to be on that rollercoaster of player obsession.  But that's the way a true fan of any sport is.  So go gettum Andy!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »