Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Wednesday night, Est. time - 1:30am BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Queens QF: Andy MURRAY vs. Benjamin BECKER 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will dry up in the sun first?
Muzzinator in 2 - 12 (85.7%)
Muzzinator in 3 - 1 (7.1%)
Beck-her in 2 - 0 (0%)
Beck-her in 3 - 1 (7.1%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 Go Down Reply
Author

Queens QF: Andy MURRAY vs. Benjamin BECKER

(Read 3952 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Queens QF: Andy MURRAY vs. Benjamin BECKER « Reply #300 on: June 14, 2013, 07:45 PM »

Andy's 2nd tomorrow. Good timing for me.
IP Logged
counter_ puncher
Challenger Level

A counter puncher like Andy always fights back.

Re: Queens QF: Andy MURRAY vs. Benjamin BECKER « Reply #301 on: June 14, 2013, 08:03 PM »

I will not be able to watch tomorrow's match as I am going on a weekend trip. The time of my return depends on Andy's performance against Tsonga, though. Hope I will have to leave early on Sunday.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Queens QF: Andy MURRAY vs. Benjamin BECKER « Reply #302 on: June 14, 2013, 08:23 PM »

Andy's 2nd tomorrow. Good timing for me.
1:15pm start, so maybe 2:45?  I can't see Hewitt/Cilic being over too quickly though.
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: Queens QF: Andy MURRAY vs. Benjamin BECKER « Reply #303 on: June 14, 2013, 08:51 PM »

I wondered if Lendl is trying to get him to flatten his forehand a little. Which he then started to try once he got ahead - but which, depressingly, seemed to end up in the net. 
But - I'm so glad he managed to win in straight sets. And it's all experience for Wimbledon.
Fingers crossed for a good match v Tsonga.

IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Queens QF: Andy MURRAY vs. Benjamin BECKER « Reply #304 on: June 14, 2013, 08:56 PM »

I wondered if Lendl is trying to get him to flatten his forehand a little. Which he then started to try once he got ahead - but which, depressingly, seemed to end up in the net. 
But - I'm so glad he managed to win in straight sets. And it's all experience for Wimbledon.

Interesting. I kind of thought he was trying something out too with all those mishits, and the self-chatter, but I didn't have the technical skill to analyse it. Not worried about his "form" in the slightest.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Queens QF: Andy MURRAY vs. Benjamin BECKER « Reply #305 on: June 14, 2013, 09:03 PM »

I will not be able to watch tomorrow's match as I am going on a weekend trip. The time of my return depends on Andy's performance against Tsonga, though. Hope I will have to leave early on Sunday.
Sounds like we should hope for Andy to spoil your weekend then?
:LOL:
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Queens QF: Andy MURRAY vs. Benjamin BECKER « Reply #306 on: June 14, 2013, 09:30 PM »

Interesting. I kind of thought he was trying something out too with all those mishits, and the self-chatter, but I didn't have the technical skill to analyse it. Not worried about his "form" in the slightest.
I really couldn't have told what he was trying to do because 2nd set AWOLs aren't uncommon with Andy in matches which should be quite straightforward, but something was getting him frustrated.  Also there's no doubt it allowed Becker to up his game and impose himself on the match.   Better anyway to try things out in a match like this than try to do it in the more crucial ones. 
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Queens QF: Andy MURRAY vs. Benjamin BECKER « Reply #307 on: June 14, 2013, 09:35 PM »

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Queens QF: Andy MURRAY vs. Benjamin BECKER « Reply #308 on: June 14, 2013, 10:07 PM »

Okay, I'm a bit thick with the techie stuff, but if I don't ask I'll never learn. Why would Lendl ask him to flatten his forehand? Genuine question, honest.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Queens QF: Andy MURRAY vs. Benjamin BECKER « Reply #309 on: June 14, 2013, 10:15 PM »

I don't think Andy was trying anything much given his reaction he looked like he just wanted to win.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Queens QF: Andy MURRAY vs. Benjamin BECKER « Reply #310 on: June 14, 2013, 10:26 PM »

Okay, I'm a bit thick with the techie stuff, but if I don't ask I'll never learn. Why would Lendl ask him to flatten his forehand? Genuine question, honest.

The correct gamestyle you need to play to win on grass, is an aggressive style. Come forward to the net, flatten out shots, serve heavy. Andy incorporated all that into his game early in the second set and when he was behind.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Queens QF: Andy MURRAY vs. Benjamin BECKER « Reply #311 on: June 14, 2013, 10:32 PM »

The correct gamestyle you need to play to win on grass, is an aggressive style. Come forward to the net, flatten out shots, serve heavy. Andy incorporated all that into his game early in the second set and when he was behind.

Thanks Gangsta Smile.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Queens QF: Andy MURRAY vs. Benjamin BECKER « Reply #312 on: June 14, 2013, 10:33 PM »

Thanks Gangsta Smile.

No problem, Andy needs to be aggressive from the off tomorrow, Tsonga is much more nurtured to the aggressive game than Murray is and that is why Tsonga always puts pressure on Andy on grass.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Queens QF: Andy MURRAY vs. Benjamin BECKER « Reply #313 on: June 14, 2013, 11:29 PM »

1:15pm start, so maybe 2:45?  I can't see Hewitt/Cilic being over too quickly though.

I'd think so. Perfect timing for me as that's exactly when I tend to wake up on weekends.

I am finding a bit hard to predict that one - Cilic/Hewitt but should be tight so I give it two hours as well.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Queens QF: Andy MURRAY vs. Benjamin BECKER « Reply #314 on: June 14, 2013, 11:36 PM »

I am not sure if Lendl had pointed that out re: flattening his forehand a bit more. It seems Andy's is a bit uncomfortable doing that as he's afraid of the point, as you said, end up being in the net. I guess he can try in matches where stakes aren't high though I suspect he still wouldn't be as comfortable in a big match, as it would also mean he'd run the risk of losing that point.

Who hits the flattest forehand on tour? Federer, Berdych to name a few but there's more.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »