Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Queens QF: Andy MURRAY vs. Benjamin BECKER 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will dry up in the sun first?
Muzzinator in 2 - 12 (85.7%)
Muzzinator in 3 - 1 (7.1%)
Beck-her in 2 - 0 (0%)
Beck-her in 3 - 1 (7.1%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] Go Down Reply
Author

Queens QF: Andy MURRAY vs. Benjamin BECKER

(Read 3668 times)
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Queens QF: Andy MURRAY vs. Benjamin BECKER « Reply #315 on: June 15, 2013, 12:17 AM »

The Olympic final is the ultimate example of how Andy should play on grass, some of his shots that day he was hitting seven bells of s*** out of the ball with sublime accuracy, he basically hit through Federer and i think nobody on earth could have beaten him that day.

The best part about that is, he has the memory safely tucked away in his mind and will use it come Wimbledon.
IP Logged
2xtreme
Junior

Re: Queens QF: Andy MURRAY vs. Benjamin BECKER « Reply #316 on: June 15, 2013, 12:22 AM »

well said
The Olympic final is the ultimate example of how Andy should play on grass, some of his shots that day he was hitting seven bells of s*** out of the ball with sublime accuracy, he basically hit through Federer and i think nobody on earth could have beaten him that day.

The best part about that is, he has the memory safely tucked away in his mind and will use it come Wimbledon.
well said
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Queens QF: Andy MURRAY vs. Benjamin BECKER « Reply #317 on: June 15, 2013, 02:16 AM »

He did the same against Roddick in the SF of Queens in 2011, thrashing him 6-3, 6-1, something which caused Roddick to beg jokingly "Keep it social!" towards the end of the 2nd set.  From the Guardian report -

In two sets of slaughter, Murray hit 13 aces, no double faults, chipped and passed like John McEnroe, defended like Bjorn Borg (Roddick got an astonishing 83% of his first serves in, yet was barely in the contest) and generally played as if he could fly if he put his mind to it.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Queens QF: Andy MURRAY vs. Benjamin BECKER « Reply #318 on: June 15, 2013, 08:17 AM »

I remember that well Aileen.....Mr. Magic at his brilliant best!  yes
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Queens QF: Andy MURRAY vs. Benjamin BECKER « Reply #319 on: June 15, 2013, 08:27 AM »

That semi against Roddick was stunning. I've got it on DVD and I've watched it a lot. Andy really did look like he could fly that day. It wasn't even as if Roddick played a bad match.

As well as the "Keep it social!" line, in what I think was the next game, Roddick muttered "That's not social!" as Andy sent yet another winner screaming past him.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Queens QF: Andy MURRAY vs. Benjamin BECKER « Reply #320 on: June 15, 2013, 08:45 AM »

I loved that match - one of the rare times I could really sit back and just marvel at the tennis without even a tinge of anxiety
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Queens QF: Andy MURRAY vs. Benjamin BECKER « Reply #321 on: June 15, 2013, 09:05 AM »

That semi against Roddick was stunning. I've got it on DVD and I've watched it a lot. Andy really did look like he could fly that day. It wasn't even as if Roddick played a bad match.

As well as the "Keep it social!" line, in what I think was the next game, Roddick muttered "That's not social!" as Andy sent yet another winner screaming past him.
Truly unforgetable that match. everything Andy touched just turned to gold, it was like witchcraft was at work that day.  wub
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Queens QF: Andy MURRAY vs. Benjamin BECKER « Reply #322 on: June 15, 2013, 02:43 PM »

Andy was in the zone in that final and that can be created only once in a while under some specific circumstances. It's almost impossible to be in that zone all the time. That high level focus and dedication is not easy to achieve. Having said that, Nole was able to achieve it almost for a whole year in 2011. Best season in the Open era by a player they say.

If Andy can do this, let's say, a bit more often, I am sure his popularity will increase overnight, but then again, Andy's a very moody player. So that's two things standing in his way.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Queens QF: Andy MURRAY vs. Benjamin BECKER « Reply #323 on: June 15, 2013, 02:50 PM »

I am not sure if Lendl had pointed that out re: flattening his forehand a bit more. It seems Andy's is a bit uncomfortable doing that as he's afraid of the point, as you said, end up being in the net. I guess he can try in matches where stakes aren't high though I suspect he still wouldn't be as comfortable in a big match, as it would also mean he'd run the risk of losing that point.

Who hits the flattest forehand on tour? Federer, Berdych to name a few but there's more.

Janowicz.... probably too flat on occasions.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Queens QF: Andy MURRAY vs. Benjamin BECKER « Reply #324 on: June 15, 2013, 06:06 PM »

Del Potro.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »