Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Queens R2: Andy MURRAY vs. Nicolas MAHUT 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will slip first?
Muzzinator in 2 - 18 (90%)
Muzzinator in 3 - 1 (5%)
My-Hut in 2 - 0 (0%)
My-Hut in 3 - 1 (5%)
Total Voters: 20

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 39 Go Down Reply
Author

Queens R2: Andy MURRAY vs. Nicolas MAHUT

(Read 6817 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Queens R2: Andy MURRAY vs. Nicolas MAHUT « on: June 11, 2013, 07:17 PM »

In a repeat of last year's second round encounter, 1st seed Andy Murray will face France's Nicolas Mahut on the other side of the net Wednesday. This will be Andy's first match back since the announcement of his withdrawal from the French Open, so he is bound to be a little rusty.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Queens R2: Andy MURRAY vs. Nicolas MAHUT « Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 07:42 PM »

Mahut won easily today and has also played a doubles match.  nervous
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Queens R2: Andy MURRAY vs. Nicolas MAHUT « Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 09:08 PM »

Mahut won easily today and has also played a doubles match.  nervous
Revenge Serena style absolute beatdown. No2 player should not be scared of this mug. Whistle
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Queens R2: Andy MURRAY vs. Nicolas MAHUT « Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 09:09 PM »

Revenge Serena style absolute beatdown. No2 player should not be scared of this mug. Whistle

If he is scared, Lendl needs to smack him. Andy 6-1 6-1.
IP Logged
LIBANY
Satellite Level

Connecting to multiple grand slams Murray!

Re: Queens R2: Andy MURRAY vs. Nicolas MAHUT « Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 09:13 PM »

cmon yeah         Come on Andy ... You have to win for you and for us   !!   cmon yeah
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Queens R2: Andy MURRAY vs. Nicolas MAHUT « Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 09:54 PM »

Let's hope the first two matches are over quickly so Andy finishes before the serious rain arrives, which at present bbc weather is predicting at 4pm.  It was slippery conditions, which were his undoing last year if I remember rightly - not that I saw the match as I was on court 1 at the time.   
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Queens R2: Andy MURRAY vs. Nicolas MAHUT « Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 10:04 PM »

At least JW is scheduled after Andy - keeping parity between the respective parts of the draw.  Also the Llodra match is 3rd also, so fair all round I guess
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Queens R2: Andy MURRAY vs. Nicolas MAHUT « Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 10:14 PM »

Can't actually wait for Wimbledon so this is more like warm up event for me. But of course I'd like to see Andy win this too.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Queens R2: Andy MURRAY vs. Nicolas MAHUT « Reply #8 on: June 11, 2013, 10:45 PM »

Just posted by Andy on twitter:

Andy Murray ‏@andy_murray
sometimes you have to be away from something to realise how much you love it... cannot wait to get back on the match court tomorrow!!!

wub  yay
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Queens R2: Andy MURRAY vs. Nicolas MAHUT « Reply #9 on: June 11, 2013, 10:48 PM »

I'm not overly desperate for him to win Queens this year, of course it would be nice, but as long as he gets 2-3 games under his belt without any sign of his back problem i'll be happy enough.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Queens R2: Andy MURRAY vs. Nicolas MAHUT « Reply #10 on: June 12, 2013, 02:01 AM »

Mahut is certainly very comfortable on this surface with his serve-volley game, but I think even a slightly rusty Andy has the class and experience to beat him this year, especially as last year he was still feeling the effects on his back from having played at RG and nearly pulled out of the tournament.

Also Mahut's defeat of the inexperienced Rhyne Williams was almost a foregone conclusion, so Andy and Lendl will have had plenty of time to work out a game plan, and Andy's enthusiastic tweet @xxdanixx above speaks volumes anyway.   

As for the timing of the match: Hewitt vs Dimitrov could be very interesting - the seasoned warrior against the promising young gun - so possibly not over quickly.   Berdych though should beat de Bakker fairly easily, especially as I'm sure he'll be very keen to put the nightmare of Wimbledon and the Olympics behind him.  I'm going for 2:30 in the hope that this is a fairly accurate estimate and one which should see Andy's match over by the time the rain comes - if in fact it does, the BBC forecast after the 10pm news being a little more optimistic.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Queens R2: Andy MURRAY vs. Nicolas MAHUT « Reply #11 on: June 12, 2013, 02:37 AM »

Go for it Andy we are all thinking of you...Good luck.
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: Queens R2: Andy MURRAY vs. Nicolas MAHUT « Reply #12 on: June 12, 2013, 04:44 AM »

Good luck Andy !! Sending good vibes from a bouncy motor home on its way to Michigan. Here's wishing you great weather as you return to the grass you love.   Wondering what time you're match is?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Queens R2: Andy MURRAY vs. Nicolas MAHUT « Reply #13 on: June 12, 2013, 07:31 AM »

latest online forecast suggests rain not till 5pm so fingers crossed especially as I have a row B ticket for centre court.  Loved Andy's tweet - do get the sense of him being in love with the game again, which is so good.    yay
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Queens R2: Andy MURRAY vs. Nicolas MAHUT « Reply #14 on: June 12, 2013, 08:10 AM »

Enjoy Ruthie!! Lucky you, tell us what colour you are wearing will look out for ya Wink
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 39 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »