Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Queens R2 - Murray vs Mahut 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 Go Down Reply
Author

Queens R2 - Murray vs Mahut

(Read 6219 times)
curtis71
Satellite Level

Re: Queens R2 - Murray vs Mahut « Reply #480 on: June 14, 2012, 05:08 PM »

of all the players at AEGON, queens, those that had a bye in the first round have all lost with only Cilic and Tipsarevic remaining and Cilic is a break down in the first set! and tipsarevic plays Lu later
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Queens R2 - Murray vs Mahut « Reply #481 on: June 14, 2012, 05:21 PM »

I agree to a point, Federer has not won a major for two and a half years. He has been to one final in that time. Andy has been to two finals. Points wise there is still very little between Nadal and Federer (only 750 points) so it still could be argued that there is a Big 3, but for how much longer? As Andy is 2330 points further back but still out on his own at 4th though with Tsonga at 5th some 1750 points further back in the bunch.

No, to me there is a top 3 and in fact a top 4.
But there is only a "big 2", for the very simple reason that for the last couple of years only 2 players have been winning the biggest tournaments ie the majors.
Fed fans can't have it both ways, to be truly great i believe you have to be able to bag a big one and Roger is just not there anymore. Doubt he'll even win the WTF this year unless everyone is injured again. And no there is not a "big 4" either.
Andy needs to step up to the plate as Novak has done & finally win a slam before we can have a real big 3.
But this is only my take on it.
Not points but prizes.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Queens R2 - Murray vs Mahut « Reply #482 on: June 14, 2012, 05:23 PM »

Forget the manly hugs.
I read last week that Novak has a toy poodle called Pierre that is apparently always by his side.
Thats all the "gay" a sportsman could possibly need I think.
Even Dale Winters might blush at that one.

You mean this?

Well, Clydey gets all oochi goochi at the sight of cute animals too and he comes off a bit macho.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Queens R2 - Murray vs Mahut « Reply #483 on: June 14, 2012, 05:27 PM »

No, to me there is a top 3 and in fact a top 4.
But there is only a "big 2", for the very simple reason that for the last couple of years only 2 players have been winning the biggest tournaments ie the majors.
Fed fans can't have it both ways, to be truly great i believe you have to be able to bag a big one and Roger is just not there anymore. Doubt he'll even win the WTF this year unless everyone is injured again. And no there is not a "big 4" either.
Andy needs to step up to the plate as Novak has done & finally win a slam before we can have a real big 3.
But this is only my take on it.
Not points but prizes.

Or you could say the last 9 Slams have won by both Nadal and Nole. Nadal 4, Nadal 5 (3 RGs). And they've won the majority of the Masters as well. So yea, definitely big 2 and not 4.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Queens R2 - Murray vs Mahut « Reply #484 on: June 14, 2012, 05:36 PM »

You mean this?

Well, Clydey gets all oochi goochi at the sight of cute animals too and he comes off a bit macho.

roflmao

Thanks for that, yes that is said poodle.
No wonder you think Andy is a "mans man". Compared to Novak he's a man's man's man' (sounds a bit homosexual that term however)
To be serious i think they're all pretty tough & clearly to do what they do requires a definite steely edge.
Theres no room for powder puffs in a five setter I think.

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Queens R2 - Murray vs Mahut « Reply #485 on: June 14, 2012, 05:43 PM »

roflmao

Thanks for that, yes that is said poodle.
No wonder you think Andy is a "mans man". Compared to Novak he's a man's man's man' (sounds a bit homosexual that term however)
To be serious i think they're all pretty tough & clearly to do what they do requires a definite steely edge.
Theres no room for powder puffs in a five setter I think.

Well, the reason why I think Andy's a mans man is because he is just too messy. His stuff are always over the place (locker room and his own room) and he expects him mum (and now probably Kim) to clean it up. You know he leaves his leftover meals out in the open in the locker room? What up with that, eh? This is very straight messy mans man stuff. I know he is very emotional but he’s emotional in a very different way. Let’s say in a very manly way. lol
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Queens R2 - Murray vs Mahut « Reply #486 on: June 14, 2012, 06:07 PM »

Well, the reason why I think Andy's a mans man is because he is just too messy. His stuff are always over the place (locker room and his own room) and he expects him mum (and now probably Kim) to clean it up. You know he leaves his leftover meals out in the open in the locker room? What up with that, eh? This is very straight messy mans man stuff. I know he is very emotional but he’s emotional in a very different way. Let’s say in a very manly way. lol

Is that it? I wonder if you know anyone who is really masculine.
You can see the difference from other men immediately, its an extreme.
Marines, Seals & other serious types are expected to be & are meticulous in appearance 24/7 including doing their own ironing.
Being messy is a sign that you are a bit of a pig & haven't quite grown up yet, not "manly". lol.
Most men are messy however including myself from time to time but we can't all be very manly. In this instance i think you mean more how we treat women as to more fundamental characteristics.
Otherwise known as "machismo" which is now an old fashioned notion.
Anyway we're off topic again, my fault  Speak to the hand
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Queens R2 - Murray vs Mahut « Reply #487 on: June 14, 2012, 06:33 PM »

Is that it? I wonder if you know anyone who is really masculine.
You can see the difference from other men immediately, its an extreme.
Marines, Seals & other serious types are expected to be & are meticulous in appearance 24/7 including doing their own ironing.
Being messy is a sign that you are a bit of a pig & haven't quite grown up yet, not "manly". lol.
Most men are messy however including myself from time to time but we can't all be very manly. In this instance i think you mean more how we treat women as to more fundamental characteristics.
Otherwise known as "machismo" which is now an old fashioned notion.
Anyway we're off topic again, my fault  Speak to the hand

When I say Andy's your mans man, I don't mean though that he's very manly (not that he isn’t) or that this type is manly. What I am saying is that, there are certain elements in some man, especially in straight men, that are very common and Andy falls in that category. My dad was very neat, organized and very well dressed but at the same, I thought he was very manly, as in, very macho yet all that. Anyway, I am not feeling it today so can't get my thoughts right and don't think it has to do with anything else! :p

And yea, off topic so let's not talk about it anymore.

IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Queens R2 - Murray vs Mahut « Reply #488 on: June 14, 2012, 06:44 PM »

^^lol, women don't "get" men nearly as much as they'd like to think. And i mean all women. And vice versa of course.
I think you need a nice boyfriend EJ, this will help to get your thoughts in sync.
Maybe one that looks like Andy?
Or maybe the real thing, he's in Canada in a few months.
Don't tell me it hasn't crossed your mind either.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Queens R2 - Murray vs Mahut « Reply #489 on: June 14, 2012, 06:57 PM »

^^lol, women don't "get" men nearly as much as they'd like to think. And i mean all women. And vice versa of course.
I think you need a nice boyfriend EJ, this will help to get your thoughts in sync.
Maybe one that looks like Andy?
Or maybe the real thing, he's in Canada in a few months.
Don't tell me it hasn't crossed your mind either.

I do know men. Men are...men. I really don't think we need to explore any further than that. lolol

Anyway, I am getting the feeling Andy won't be here this time and it's breaking my heart. Frown
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Queens R2 - Murray vs Mahut « Reply #490 on: June 14, 2012, 07:30 PM »

See Tsonga was beaten today so thats another seed out of Queens.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Queens R2 - Murray vs Mahut « Reply #491 on: June 14, 2012, 07:49 PM »

See Tsonga was beaten today so thats another seed out of Queens.
Could have a broken finger too, and be out of Wimbledon!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Queens R2 - Murray vs Mahut « Reply #492 on: June 14, 2012, 07:51 PM »

Yes it just shows how much talent is out there. Seeds cannot take it as read that they will go through.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Queens R2 - Murray vs Mahut « Reply #493 on: June 14, 2012, 08:26 PM »

Could have a broken finger too, and be out of Wimbledon!
And we criticise Andy for being cautious when there's slippery grass around.  Now if he'd been put out of Wimbledon ...

Yes it just shows how much talent is out there. Seeds cannot take it as read that they will go through.
That is one reason why Andy never under-estimates his opponents.  Ultimately it all boils down to how any player plays on the day.

IP Logged
curtis71
Satellite Level

Re: Queens R2 - Murray vs Mahut « Reply #494 on: June 15, 2012, 01:30 PM »

only cilic left of the seeds then tipsarevic out
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »