Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Friday, Time - 6:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Queens R2 - Murray vs Mahut 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 35 Go Down Reply
Author

Queens R2 - Murray vs Mahut

(Read 7300 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Queens R2 - Murray vs Mahut « Reply #30 on: June 12, 2012, 11:12 PM »

Thanks for the H2H MH... and I lurv the spicy pic of Andy.  yes

Hope to have time (and if so, a decent poxy livestream) to watch tomorrow.  Could be an interesting match.
We all know how Nicolas loves playing on grass.... he spent so much time on it with John Isner in 2010.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Queens R2 - Murray vs Mahut « Reply #31 on: June 12, 2012, 11:55 PM »

New addition to the family from Rescue Remedy - might pay to get stocked up now!  Very Happy

* Rescue Remedy.JPG (3.64 KB, 102x163 - viewed 298 times.)
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Queens R2 - Murray vs Mahut « Reply #32 on: June 13, 2012, 02:45 AM »

Love the H2H MH goodjob
Seconded.  Nothing wrong with the pics MH.  Some folks just can't be pleased!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Queens R2 - Murray vs Mahut « Reply #33 on: June 13, 2012, 02:46 AM »

Mahut confident ahead of Murray clash

France's Nicolas Mahut is confident that he can give Andy Murray a nightmare start to his grass court season at the AEGON Championships.

Mahut set up a second-round clash with the defending champion at Queen's by beating Guillermo Garcia-Lopez 6-4 6-2 on court one on Tuesday afternoon.

Murray, who received a bye through the first round, has beaten Mahut twice before. Mahut won just four games against the Scot at Indian Wells five years ago, but caused the 25-year-old problems the following year in Marseille where Murray edged through 7-5, 7-6 (7-5).

Mahut has a good record at the Wimbledon warm-up tournament, having reached the 2007 final after beating Rafael Nadal and he is optimistic about his chances of recording an upset on Wednesday.

"Of course I believe I can beat him (Murray). Otherwise I wouldn't be on the court," said Mahut, who took Roger Federer to four sets at the French Open 11 days ago after beating Andy Roddick.

"I beat Nadal once here. I was one point away from beating Roddick here when he was in the top five. I know I can do well.

"I know I can beat top players on this surface. I believe in myself, I believe in my game.

"He's the favourite but I just have to come on centre court, enjoy it and play my game.

"He is ranked fourth in the world but I played well the past few weeks, and I'm ready to fight."

http://www.espnstar.com/tennis/news/detail/item814967/Mahut-confident-ahead-of-Murray-clash/
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Queens R2 - Murray vs Mahut « Reply #34 on: June 13, 2012, 02:51 AM »

Just had a look at livescorehunter for the streaming and Andy's on the list - let's blooming well hope so!

* Livescorehunter streaming list.JPG (74.34 KB, 650x506 - viewed 278 times.)
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Queens R2 - Murray vs Mahut « Reply #35 on: June 13, 2012, 02:58 AM »

Mahut confident ahead of Murray clash

France's Nicolas Mahut is confident that he can give Andy Murray a nightmare start to his grass court season at the AEGON Championships.

Mahut set up a second-round clash with the defending champion at Queen's by beating Guillermo Garcia-Lopez 6-4 6-2 on court one on Tuesday afternoon.

Murray, who received a bye through the first round, has beaten Mahut twice before. Mahut won just four games against the Scot at Indian Wells five years ago, but caused the 25-year-old problems the following year in Marseille where Murray edged through 7-5, 7-6 (7-5).

Mahut has a good record at the Wimbledon warm-up tournament, having reached the 2007 final after beating Rafael Nadal and he is optimistic about his chances of recording an upset on Wednesday.

"Of course I believe I can beat him (Murray). Otherwise I wouldn't be on the court," said Mahut, who took Roger Federer to four sets at the French Open 11 days ago after beating Andy Roddick.

"I beat Nadal once here. I was one point away from beating Roddick here when he was in the top five. I know I can do well.

"I know I can beat top players on this surface. I believe in myself, I believe in my game.

"He's the favourite but I just have to come on centre court, enjoy it and play my game.

"He is ranked fourth in the world but I played well the past few weeks, and I'm ready to fight."

http://www.espnstar.com/tennis/news/detail/item814967/Mahut-confident-ahead-of-Murray-clash/
THAT is what worries me.  However they all say the same thing - I mean, they're not going to say "I think he'll beat me" - and Mahut's scalp here was claimed years ago. Andy certainly won't be under-estimating him though and hopefully will be at his best on his home turf.  Nevertheless Andy's first matches are always a little nervous

According to the Beeb they're televising Queens from 1 - 5.15 pm, but not in Scotland where there's a break between 2.30 and 3.30 for "Politics Scotland".  Well they can stuff that for a start!
[ Last edit by Aileen June 13, 2012, 03:42 AM ] IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Queens R2 - Murray vs Mahut « Reply #36 on: June 13, 2012, 06:18 AM »

Awww........How ridiculous is that? It might go to the red button Aileen!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Queens R2 - Murray vs Mahut « Reply #37 on: June 13, 2012, 07:07 AM »

THAT is what worries me.  However they all say the same thing - I mean, they're not going to say "I think he'll beat me" - and Mahut's scalp here was claimed years ago. Andy certainly won't be under-estimating him though and hopefully will be at his best on his home turf.  Nevertheless Andy's first matches are always a little nervous

Get the gum out! Very Happy  Andy will be up for a fight too yes

According to the Beeb they're televising Queens from 1 - 5.15 pm, but not in Scotland where there's a break between 2.30 and 3.30 for "Politics Scotland".  Well they can stuff that for a start!

And that's a bit of a bugger isn't it. shutup
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Queens R2 - Murray vs Mahut « Reply #38 on: June 13, 2012, 08:23 AM »

See Tommy Haas is putting his boot in. What is the matter with the guy? Totally unprofessional to accuse another player of faking injury through the media.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Queens R2 - Murray vs Mahut « Reply #39 on: June 13, 2012, 08:29 AM »

May miss some of this depending on if I decide to attempt to see the Olympic torch relay tomorrow. Think

Sent a PM to Mark. He will know. Smile
Thank you Allan.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Queens R2 - Murray vs Mahut « Reply #40 on: June 13, 2012, 08:59 AM »

See Tommy Haas is putting his boot in. What is the matter with the guy? Totally unprofessional to accuse another player of faking injury through the media.
That really is so bad.  he has had enough injury!!! Still his tennis isn't worth talking about if we are going down the bitchy comments road !!! shocking
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Queens R2 - Murray vs Mahut « Reply #41 on: June 13, 2012, 10:27 AM »

I'm surprised about Tommy Haas's comments - especially the bit about Andy calling the trainer and then running around fine afterwards. Andy, like Fed, hardly ever calls the trainer during matches. If he'd mentioned Rafa then I'd be inclined to agree as he often has injury timeouts - I always remember the one he had last year against Delpo at Wimbledon right before a tiebreak which Delpo was furious about at the time.

Anyway, hope Andy has a good match today! Glad to see the back of clay for this year and looking forward to seeing Andy's grasscourt tennis again. Smile
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: Queens R2 - Murray vs Mahut « Reply #42 on: June 13, 2012, 11:18 AM »

I actually think this is a great match up for Murray he loves a target! As a neutral am looking forward to this one great returner against a serve and volleyer on grass that contrast usually makes for some exciting tennis
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Queens R2 - Murray vs Mahut « Reply #43 on: June 13, 2012, 11:38 AM »

It's in the express as well today the comments from Haas, I feel for Andy always someone putting the boot in!! Come on Andy have a great match.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Queens R2 - Murray vs Mahut « Reply #44 on: June 13, 2012, 12:01 PM »

Andy........Take no notice of the Haashole! He's just jealous. Go out on the beautiful greenstuff today and have some fun!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 35 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »