Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Queens R3: Andy MURRAY vs. Marinko MATOSEVIC 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will beat the rain?
Muzzinator in 2 - 12 (80%)
Muzzinator in 3 - 2 (13.3%)
My-toes-are-vic in 2 - 0 (0%)
My-toes-are-vic in 3 - 1 (6.7%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Down Reply
Author

Queens R3: Andy MURRAY vs. Marinko MATOSEVIC

(Read 3194 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Queens R3: Andy MURRAY vs. Marinko MATOSEVIC « Reply #150 on: June 13, 2013, 06:54 PM »

Must win match for Andy tomorrow so that I can watch him on Saturday.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Queens R3: Andy MURRAY vs. Marinko MATOSEVIC « Reply #151 on: June 13, 2013, 06:58 PM »

Andy looked as thought he couldn't get away from this interview fast enough.  Of course, as Ernests Gulbis says, this is why tennis players are boring because they don't crack jokes or jump up and down with joy when having to answer the same old questions over and over again. Rolling Eyes
Yeah, of course he just wants to get to his ice bath and grub. But Gulbis needs to be realistic, how can players  be original talking about their own matches day after day? What does he want, Shakespeare?
IP Logged
audie
Futures Level

my guilty ppleasure

Re: Queens R3: Andy MURRAY vs. Marinko MATOSEVIC « Reply #152 on: June 13, 2013, 07:25 PM »

wel done andy fingers x for tomorrow
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: Queens R3: Andy MURRAY vs. Marinko MATOSEVIC « Reply #153 on: June 13, 2013, 07:26 PM »

I got to see this one - albeit short and sweet !  A comprehensive display in tricky conditions from Andy. Matosevic, other than some nice F/H's couldn't get off first base. So far, so good.

Thanks again you guys for keeping me up to date during the Mahut match - some exciting commentary in there !
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Queens R3: Andy MURRAY vs. Marinko MATOSEVIC « Reply #154 on: June 13, 2013, 07:44 PM »

Yeah, of course he just wants to get to his ice bath and grub. But Gulbis needs to be realistic, how can players  be original talking about their own matches day after day? What does he want, Shakespeare?

To win or not to win, that is the question....

Sorry, best I could manage Smile
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Queens R3: Andy MURRAY vs. Marinko MATOSEVIC « Reply #155 on: June 13, 2013, 07:46 PM »

Some litter got on the pitch, ballgirl tried to catch it and it flew off. Andy stepped towards it, unsure of whether to help or not I think, but she got finally got it anyway.

Pitch?
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Queens R3: Andy MURRAY vs. Marinko MATOSEVIC « Reply #156 on: June 13, 2013, 08:04 PM »

Have I ever told you all how much I love the grass court season? Well I do, I love the grass court season. We've got this player see, this Murray chap, and he's quite good on this green stuff.

Okay, being sensible now. A bit of a masterclass from Andy there. It was fun watching Matosevic looking across to his team as if to say 'What the hell have I got to do?'. Sure, Andy was broken once, but he broke straight back and never looked remotely in any trouble.

Is it me or has Andy got the best hands in the game? His touch on the ball, especially given the conditions, was sublime today. I love the way he anticipates so well too. It's like he instinctively knows where an opponent will be, never mind what they are going to do.

It's great to see Andy moving so well, he looks fantastic out there, and appears as quick and sharp as ever. He's doing well in interviews too, looking calm and confident.

Andy just looks in great form, and if he's happy with his back as well, that has to be all to the good.

Well done champ yay yay yay yay.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Queens R3: Andy MURRAY vs. Marinko MATOSEVIC « Reply #157 on: June 13, 2013, 08:58 PM »

Andy looked like he was moving well today... despite the lack of matches ...I thought he looked like he had made the correct decision to quit the clay season and focus on grass.

The real test ,of course, will come in the latter rounds of wimbledon. Looking forward to see how he does against Nadal ...that will be a very good indicator of where his game is at   and just how much progress he has made since he last played him.

The matches today were no real test... mediocre players... He played alot of great passing shots...but also missed some sitters. Good start tho... and looks much better than same time last year.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Queens R3: Andy MURRAY vs. Marinko MATOSEVIC « Reply #158 on: June 13, 2013, 09:03 PM »

He's not facing a worthy opponent until the semi.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Queens R3: Andy MURRAY vs. Marinko MATOSEVIC « Reply #159 on: June 13, 2013, 09:04 PM »

Well said TJ!
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Queens R3: Andy MURRAY vs. Marinko MATOSEVIC « Reply #160 on: June 13, 2013, 09:22 PM »

Andy looked like he was moving well today... despite the lack of matches ...I thought he looked like he had made the correct decision to quit the clay season and focus on grass.

The real test ,of course, will come in the latter rounds of wimbledon. Looking forward to see how he does against Nadal ...that will be a very good indicator of where his game is at   and just how much progress he has made since he last played him.

The matches today were no real test... mediocre players... He played alot of great passing shots...but also missed some sitters. Good start tho... and looks much better than same time last year.
I really wonder if Nadal will play. The last time Andy played Nadal was in Tokyo and beat him 6.0 in the final set!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Queens R3: Andy MURRAY vs. Marinko MATOSEVIC « Reply #161 on: June 13, 2013, 10:35 PM »

He's not facing a worthy opponent until the semi.

You can only beat what's in front of you. The Mahut match could have been awkward. Andy has been out for 4 weeks and Mahut had already play a round and is a very good grass courter. Andy won in style.

Matosevic was out-classed, fair enough, but Andy still needed to go out and win, and he did. in difficult conditions.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Queens R3: Andy MURRAY vs. Marinko MATOSEVIC « Reply #162 on: June 13, 2013, 10:35 PM »

Well said TJ!

Thank you muchly!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Queens R3: Andy MURRAY vs. Marinko MATOSEVIC « Reply #163 on: June 13, 2013, 10:42 PM »

I really wonder if Nadal will play. The last time Andy played Nadal was in Tokyo and beat him 6.0 in the final set!

Personally I'd like to invite Nadal to have the rest of the year off. I'm getting annoyed with comms going on about him. I was going to watch Eurosport's coverage of Andy's third round on the repeat just now, but turned it off because Chris Bradman was wittering on about Nadal. If Nadal had been on the court it would have been fair enough, but he wasn't.

Andrew Cotter on the BBC was practically weeing himself in commentary over Nadal today too. Again, he didn't seem to realise Nadal wasn't on the court.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Queens R3: Andy MURRAY vs. Marinko MATOSEVIC « Reply #164 on: June 13, 2013, 10:48 PM »

Oh I love getting home from work and catching the last of the matches on the green stuff. To me that is summer. Even better when it's the weekend and I can see all the play. Even even better when I get lucky like today and catch almost all of Andy's match - he did well to fit himself nicely in betwen me arriving home and going back out again. He seemed so relaxed and happy to be on court - and everything else just follows. Tuning himself up nicely I thought.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »