Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions please
Murray in 2 - 6 (18.8%)
Murray in 3 - 22 (68.8%)
Tsonga in 2 - 2 (6.3%)
Tsonga in 3 - 2 (6.3%)
Total Voters: 32

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 Go Down Reply
Author

Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga

(Read 5814 times)
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #420 on: June 15, 2013, 08:34 PM »

Murray vs Cilic in the final, poor Cilic
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #421 on: June 15, 2013, 08:34 PM »

@ Michelle
Brilliant idea. Prod and Gangsta should settle their differences on the tennis court and we can all watch. clap

Not a good idea, I am slow and fat, Connor is as skinny as it gets.

He would win easily.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #422 on: June 15, 2013, 08:35 PM »

Not a good idea, I am slow and fat, Connor is as skinny as it gets.

He would win easily.

I disagree with as skinny as it gets, yes I am skinny, but I have some beef on me. I might give you a complimentary set.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #423 on: June 15, 2013, 08:37 PM »

What time is final!
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #424 on: June 15, 2013, 08:37 PM »

What time is final!
12 noon, i think, Angie.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #425 on: June 15, 2013, 08:39 PM »

Thanks Elly x
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #426 on: June 15, 2013, 08:44 PM »

It's a pity Andy doesn't have your experience... 

I think that's 1-0 to Elly, Gangsta ! lol
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #427 on: June 15, 2013, 08:45 PM »

I have to have read the most recent posts all wrong. Is Andy being criticised for winning? That's what it looks like. Oh well, I'm chuffed  yay yay yay yay yay.

The conditions looked tough out there. It was very windy. The pair of them were hanging around all day as well. They are used to it, but it can't be easy.

I don't think Jo got a better start. I think they both started well, but the way Jo was serving was giving him confidence. For a while it was carrying him along very well. However, with Jo I always get a feeling that he can't maintain it against Andy, that as soon as Andy gets a grip on things, Jo will stop believing. That's what happened. Andy lifted his game at 3-3 in the second, and Jo couldn't stop him, simple as that.

I think tests like that show how brilliant Andy is. People go on about Djokovic for mental strength, but Andy is right up there. He never looks out of things now until he actually is, and let's face it, that hasn't happened much this year.

I don't quite understand the criticism about the quality of the match. For the first set and a half it was very competitive, then Andy lifted his game and from then on there was only going to be one winner. You can analyse shots to death all you like, but the most important stat is the one about who wins and who loses. As long as Andy is on the right side of that equation it's good enough for me. All things considered, Andy has had a fine week so far, played well and looks good. I think he's in a great position to win this tourney, and to put himself in the right place for SW19.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #428 on: June 15, 2013, 08:49 PM »

Murray vs Cilic in the final, poor Cilic

Poor Cilic nothing Smile. I'm being very presumptuous and reserving all my energy for the happy dance I'm going to do around my living room when Andy wins Smile. Cilic might win a set, maybe the first, but that will be his lot.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #429 on: June 15, 2013, 08:50 PM »

:confused:Well Connor you obviously didn't appreciate some absolutely brilliant shots by both players, and I thought Andy played some brilliant shots, as did Jo-Wilfred. All I can say is that of course you would have done better, as you have played AND BEATEN Andy in Wimbledon when I think you were probably still in Nappies as it was quite a few years ago!
I for one enjoyed the way Andy weathered the storm on the first set and then came back and played shots that addled Jo-Wilfred's brain, so that he didn't know where to place his shots as they were coming back to him with interest.
I thought it was a great match to Michelle , Andy really is mentally strong now  , and some of those shots amazing. Well played Tsonga but Murray to good . yay
IP Logged
audie
Futures Level

my guilty ppleasure

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #430 on: June 15, 2013, 08:50 PM »

what time does the final actually start tom afternoon
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #431 on: June 15, 2013, 08:52 PM »

So often in tight matches, one player digs deeper, while the other's level drops. Champ Murray seems to have learned how to make sure he's the one digging. I thought this was a great win. There were errors, certainly, but also great shot making and tenacity. I really enjoyed this Murraycoaster ! I also think the match was a great warm-up for Wimby - we're looking good !
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #432 on: June 15, 2013, 08:55 PM »

Poor Cilic nothing Smile. I'm being very presumptuous and reserving all my energy for the happy dance I'm going to do around my living room when Andy wins Smile. Cilic might win a set, maybe the first, but that will be his lot.
TJ your not doing that dance are you!!!  Whistle
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #433 on: June 15, 2013, 08:55 PM »

I have to have read the most recent posts all wrong. Is Andy being criticised for winning? That's what it looks like. Oh well, I'm chuffed  yay yay yay yay yay.

The conditions looked tough out there. It was very windy. The pair of them were hanging around all day as well. They are used to it, but it can't be easy.

I don't think Jo got a better start. I think they both started well, but the way Jo was serving was giving him confidence. For a while it was carrying him along very well. However, with Jo I always get a feeling that he can't maintain it against Andy, that as soon as Andy gets a grip on things, Jo will stop believing. That's what happened. Andy lifted his game at 3-3 in the second, and Jo couldn't stop him, simple as that.

I think tests like that show how brilliant Andy is. People go on about Djokovic for mental strength, but Andy is right up there. He never looks out of things now until he actually is, and let's face it, that hasn't happened much this year.

I don't quite understand the criticism about the quality of the match. For the first set and a half it was very competitive, then Andy lifted his game and from then on there was only going to be one winner. You can analyse shots to death all you like, but the most important stat is the one about who wins and who loses. As long as Andy is on the right side of that equation it's good enough for me. All things considered, Andy has had a fine week so far, played well and looks good. I think he's in a great position to win this tourney, and to put himself in the right place for SW19.

Quite right Teejay ! This is what I was trying to say in my last post - you put it much better :-)
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #434 on: June 15, 2013, 08:55 PM »

So often in tight matches, one player digs deeper, while the other's level drops. Champ Murray seems to have learned how to make sure he's the one digging. I thought this was a great win. There were errors, certainly, but also great shot making and tenacity. I really enjoyed this Murraycoaster ! I also think the match was a great warm-up for Wimby - we're looking good !
Good posting!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »