Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions please
Murray in 2 - 6 (18.8%)
Murray in 3 - 22 (68.8%)
Tsonga in 2 - 2 (6.3%)
Tsonga in 3 - 2 (6.3%)
Total Voters: 32

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 31 Go Down Reply
Author

Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga

(Read 5517 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #15 on: June 14, 2013, 10:35 PM »

Three years ago a not there most recent meeting 2012. Facepalm.

Did I say that? No, please sit down and read again.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #16 on: June 14, 2013, 10:59 PM »

Weather forecast for Saturday is windy and cloudy with sunny spells.  Slight chance of a little rain in the afternoon.

As for Sunday - rain is forecast for between noon and 5pm. Frown  However forecasters seem to be a little uncertain about this, at least on the BBC.  Please - rain on Sunday we do not want!

IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #17 on: June 14, 2013, 11:10 PM »

2 gorgeous men playing lovely grass court tennis on a sunny Saturday afternoon....sounds good!

Andy in straights though, no messing, he is returning serve well at the moment, and Jo will struggle to break Andy. I wouldn't be too upset if Jo won though, Andy had a good week of match practice already.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #18 on: June 14, 2013, 11:21 PM »

Should we take Tsonga loosely? I don't think so. I've mentioned it before - Tsonga likes a target and the top players are always a part of that plan - whether he gets it or not. Andy's last two matches against Tsonga on grass were tight so rest assured, he'll bring his best come tomorrow.

It will be a great match though. But I am far more thrilled at the prospect of a Andy/Lleyton final. Andy's first ATP title came at the expense of Hewitt and these two haven't met since then, so it looks mighty intriguing for me. Great weekend ahead for Andy fans.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #19 on: June 14, 2013, 11:22 PM »

2 gorgeous men playing lovely grass court tennis on a sunny Saturday afternoon....sounds good!

Andy in straights though, no messing, he is returning serve well at the moment, and Jo will struggle to break Andy. I wouldn't be too upset if Jo won though, Andy had a good week of match practice already.

And that's all Rachie care about. :p
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #20 on: June 14, 2013, 11:37 PM »

And that's all Rachie care about. :p

No.....ok maybe just a bit  wub I can't help it though Jo's smile makes me melt!! and Andy is just all round amazing!!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #21 on: June 14, 2013, 11:43 PM »

Jo's got a big beautiful smile. I like that too.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #22 on: June 14, 2013, 11:56 PM »

Hope we see it during the match tommorow,  i can imagine they'll be alot of fun points, but at the net its Andy's smile i wanna see!

IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #23 on: June 14, 2013, 11:57 PM »

This is the final me thinks
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #24 on: June 14, 2013, 11:58 PM »

Jo is a level below Andy. He'll huff and he'll puff and he'll dive around the court like a demented loon but ultimately he will get his backside whipped. Andy in 2.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #25 on: June 15, 2013, 12:03 AM »

With regards to what people were saying during the match with Becker about Andy seeming to lose focus and drifting mentally etc and why the other 3 members of the big 4 don't do it as often (although recently they seem to be doing it much more than usual) I believe it's a crowd thing. Having just watched the replay, the crowd were a very quiet for a majority of it, maybe due to the lacklustre spectacle that it was, maybe not.

But yeah, i always think Andy is like Connors, he feeds of the crowds energy and stays focused more when the crowd are into it, if it's too quiet then he has to generate his own enthusiasm which he probably is getting better at doing but not quite there yet. A prime example of this was the USopen final last year in the final set when he was shouting CMON at the crowd or the match against Baghdatis at Wimbeldon also last year, this is perhaps why the slams are where he plays his best because the crowd are more lively and stadiums are more full, especially the USO.

Just my take on it, probably wrong but meh.
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #26 on: June 15, 2013, 01:32 AM »

Not a bad post that  thumb up
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #27 on: June 15, 2013, 02:34 AM »

^ I'm hoping a Saturday crowd will be a lot livelier anyway

He can also look very aggressive on court, and angry as well if something displeases him or things aren't going his way, and somehow I don't think today's match is going to be all sweetness and light from either player.

I honestly don't care to predict the outcome because that final at Queens in 2011 was very close, despite Andy having demolished Roddick in a breath-taking performance the previous day, but I will vote because, as usual, I'm curious to see what the votes are.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #28 on: June 15, 2013, 07:21 AM »

It will probably be very windy again as I have just fed the horses and it is still blowing a gale and we are only 25 miles from Queens.  That may suit Andy rather than Tsonga.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Relax All is good!

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #29 on: June 15, 2013, 07:35 AM »

Special memories from the 2011 match between Tsonga and Murray, became
definitively 'fan' from that moment...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 31 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »