Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions please
Murray in 2 - 6 (18.8%)
Murray in 3 - 22 (68.8%)
Tsonga in 2 - 2 (6.3%)
Tsonga in 3 - 2 (6.3%)
Total Voters: 32

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 31 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga  (Read 4937 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #30 on: June 15, 2013, 08:43 AM »

the gnome @12.03am.  I think it's quite difficult to get the crowd going at Queens.  When I yelled Come on Andy at a key moment in the Mahut match people turned and looked at me like I'd dropped in from another planet.  doh

But perhaps in a close match between Andy and Jo (which I think it will be) they'll come alive.  Of course really hope Andy wins but if he doesn't I can't think of a nicer man to lose to.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #31 on: June 15, 2013, 08:50 AM »

Jo's got a big beautiful smile. I like that too.
I love Jo-W too, what a lovely personality he has and I liketo watch him when he shows us his best tennis.  wub

It makes me very depressed that he has to lose today.  w00t
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #32 on: June 15, 2013, 08:57 AM »

People are talking about Andy's "lapse" in the 2nd against Becker, but Jo had a total meltdown in one match and lost the 2nd.
Seems to me most of the top players do, we just all notice Andy's more.
Put more about the match, which I saw, on "match report."
@Teejay
Wheelchair access looked pretty good to me. Go girl go!
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #33 on: June 15, 2013, 09:34 AM »

To Ruthie and The Gnome;  The crowd at Queen's do not yell and scream, they applaud and in exremis,like John lennon once said, they rattle their jewellry
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #34 on: June 15, 2013, 11:01 AM »

It'd be nice if the crowd at Queens did get more into the matches. I think that's the problem with a lot of them going as part of a social occasion rather than really being into tennis.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #35 on: June 15, 2013, 11:45 AM »

It'd be nice if the crowd at Queens did get more into the matches. I think that's the problem with a lot of them going as part of a social occasion rather than really being into tennis.
  Yes, it would be really interesting to know how many of them actually pay for their own tickets.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #36 on: June 15, 2013, 12:05 PM »

Family affair in my house today...mum and bro coming to watch match they support Andy also..few wee light refreshments during match then out to dinner when Andy wins bring it on!!!  cmon yeah
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #37 on: June 15, 2013, 12:06 PM »

This is what the commentators have said too. I can imagine the look that Ruthie got when she shouted encouragement - it's not the done thing at all. I love it when the crowd responds properly but 'stuffy' and 'reserved' have often been attached to the English mentality.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #38 on: June 15, 2013, 12:07 PM »

Sat in front of a wonderful woman from the North, who had seen Andy at the USOpen. We were the only ones cheering loudly. At one point she turned round and loudly remarked that the rest of the crowd, "...must be dead."   lmao
At the end of the match we both started chanting, "easy, easy." Mucho raised eyebrows did we cause.... yay
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #39 on: June 15, 2013, 12:25 PM »

People are talking about Andy's "lapse" in the 2nd against Becker, but Jo had a total meltdown in one match and lost the 2nd.
Seems to me most of the top players do, we just all notice Andy's more.
Put more about the match, which I saw, on "match report."
@Teejay
Wheelchair access looked pretty good to me. Go girl go!

I agree with you about lapses in concentration, they all do it. Djokovic had one against Nadal at RG, I still think that cost him the match. Federer had one against Benneteau in Rotterdam. It lasted all match! Andy's been out for a month, it takes a little time to get full focus back, but he didn't do too badly and never looked like losing. I think he'll be fine today. He knows Jo can be dangerous and he'll be ready for him.

I would love to go, it's just hard for me to get someone to take me. Maybe one day, hopefully while Andy is still playing. I'd love to see him live.

I asked about access because I had a bad experience at a concert last weekend and it has made me wary. Remember the filthy mood I was in? That was why. It wasn't the fault of the artist, I hasten to add that, it was the promoter, who couldn't organise a you-know-what in a brewery. I was just keen to know what access is like for the disabled at the tennis, Queen's in particular, where you do seem to get close to the players.

As for the crowd, I still can't get over how there were two blokes on the phone during Andy's match yesterday! I know Queen's is considered a social event as much as anything, but I just think that is so rude.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #40 on: June 15, 2013, 12:38 PM »

Sat in front of a wonderful woman from the North, who had seen Andy at the USOpen. We were the only ones cheering loudly. At one point she turned round and loudly remarked that the rest of the crowd, "...must be dead."   lmao
At the end of the match we both started chanting, "easy, easy." Mucho raised eyebrows did we cause.... yay
  lmao Good for you and the other woman BBH......I'm sure Andy will have appreciated it anyway! I've gone for Andy in two, but I see I'm outnumbered by the 'Andy in three' voters, so maybe it's wishful thinking on my part! I don't really care though.....as long as he wins!  cmon yeah
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #41 on: June 15, 2013, 12:58 PM »

Yes, it would be really interesting to know how many of them actually pay for their own tickets.

Yes that would be interesting to know - I imagine there's a good proportion there who have corporate tickets. Then there's the members of course - though they'd be forgiven for having freebie tickets given how extortionate the Queen's club membership is!

This is what the commentators have said too. I can imagine the look that Ruthie got when she shouted encouragement - it's not the done thing at all. I love it when the crowd responds properly but 'stuffy' and 'reserved' have often been attached to the English mentality.

I'm sure if I went I'd get funny looks too! To me it's natural to want to cheer or shout out in support - but at Queen's a polite round of applause seems to be the done thing... But I'd definitely put up with all of that if I got to see Andy live. Smile
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #42 on: June 15, 2013, 01:03 PM »

Chris Goldsmith ‏@TheTennisTalker
Andy Murray needs to hit 2 aces against Tsonga today to overtake Pat Rafter and become the 18th highest 'ace' hitter on grass in ATP history
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #43 on: June 15, 2013, 01:06 PM »

Andy Murray needs to hit 2 aces against Tsonga today to overtake Pat Rafter and become the 18th highest 'ace' hitter on grass in ATP history

I love quirky facts like that!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #44 on: June 15, 2013, 01:12 PM »

Really? Wow!  Very Happy
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 31 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »