Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions please
Murray in 2 - 6 (18.8%)
Murray in 3 - 22 (68.8%)
Tsonga in 2 - 2 (6.3%)
Tsonga in 3 - 2 (6.3%)
Total Voters: 32

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 31 Go Down Reply
Author

Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga

(Read 6127 times)
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #135 on: June 15, 2013, 05:42 PM »

They're not playing yet.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #136 on: June 15, 2013, 05:42 PM »

Well if Cilic was pisssed about not being on centre court until the semis, I can't imagine how pisssed he's gonna be about this :p

Cilic was on Centre yesterday, against Berdych.
IP Logged
Moozza

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #137 on: June 15, 2013, 05:43 PM »

Good decision from organisers. If they want to get the tournament finished tomorrow then they've got to try and get both semi's done tonight.

A bit unfortunate for Hewitt and Cilic but obviously Andy/Tsonga is going too attract a much bigger crowd and therefor should be on centre.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #138 on: June 15, 2013, 05:46 PM »

It is not respectful at all.

It is a joke.

Well then, they should shove the second best player in the world off to court one, where there is no TV coverage, and not enough room to get the people in who would want to see it, whilst Cilic and Hewitt play in an almost empty centre court? If the crowd expect to see Andy on Centre and then he is moved to court one the crowd on centre will move to court one if they can, to see Andy. Any who can't will probably just go.

I think that crowd on centre would expect to see Andy on it. It would make no sense to move him. I doubt very much that Cilic and Hewitt will care less where they play, as long as they can get done today.

If it was a slam you might have a point, because there would be more than one big court. At a tournament like this Andy should be on centre. Nothing disrespectful about it.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #139 on: June 15, 2013, 05:46 PM »

I've actually lost all interest in this event, the conditions the delays to hell with it, Not fussed if Andy wins or not now, looking forward to tomorrow's charity match then Wimbledon in a week or so with a roof so that matches can actually finish. Andy has shown enough in 3 matches for me that he is fine, his game looks solid, his back seems to be ok, would be nice if he wins this event, just not going to be all that bothered if he doesn't.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #140 on: June 15, 2013, 05:47 PM »

Am so glad that they made the decision to put Andy and Tsonga on center and move the other match. About time that they put one of our own players first for a change. Especially if they think that we might get some more rain.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #141 on: June 15, 2013, 05:48 PM »

Not getting the match in any live stream. All showing the women's even when it says Cilic/Hewitt.

Yep, they are showing that whilst we wait for Andy to come on court.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #142 on: June 15, 2013, 05:48 PM »

Am so glad that they made the decision to put Andy and Tsonga on center and move the other match. About time that they put one of our own players first for a change. Especially if they think that we might get some more rain.

Exactly.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #143 on: June 15, 2013, 05:48 PM »

What a shambles.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #144 on: June 15, 2013, 05:48 PM »

Just heard Eurosport channel 410 will be showing Andy V Joe Wilfred starting at 5.55pm. At the moment showing ladies tennis from Birmingham. The sky is still very dull but the covers are off.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #145 on: June 15, 2013, 05:53 PM »

I've actually lost all interest in this event, the conditions the delays to hell with it, Not fussed if Andy wins or not now, looking forward to tomorrow's charity match then Wimbledon in a week or so with a roof so that matches can actually finish. Andy has shown enough in 3 matches for me that he is fine, his game looks solid, his back seems to be ok, would be nice if he wins this event, just not going to be all that bothered if he doesn't.

You know, this can happen at Wimbledon too. What are you gonna do then? Hate Wimbledon too? :p
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #146 on: June 15, 2013, 05:53 PM »

It's raining again. Cilic and Hewitt came out to court 1 and it started raining. Neil Harman tweeted that Andy and Jo - Wilfred would have played on 1 but there were concerns with security,size of stands would not be able to hold those wanting to watch Andy, as an aside said there was a lack of Pimms outlets on Court 1!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #147 on: June 15, 2013, 05:54 PM »

What a shambles.

You should have been where I was last weekend. In comparison this is nothing. Unfortunately, near the end of a tournament, there is no wriggle room unless they go into an extra day. Tournaments don't like doing that.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #148 on: June 15, 2013, 05:54 PM »

Andy on Court One, would be disgusting.
IP Logged
merlynne

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #149 on: June 15, 2013, 06:00 PM »

Just heard Eurosport channel 410 will be showing Andy V Joe Wilfred starting at 5.55pm. At the moment showing ladies tennis from Birmingham. The sky is still very dull but the covers are off.

Thanks very much for the info .
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 31 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »