Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions please
Murray in 2 - 6 (18.8%)
Murray in 3 - 22 (68.8%)
Tsonga in 2 - 2 (6.3%)
Tsonga in 3 - 2 (6.3%)
Total Voters: 32

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 Go Down Reply
Author

Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga

(Read 5602 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #405 on: June 15, 2013, 08:22 PM »

It's a pity Andy doesn't have your experience...  

Elly, I was not attacking Andy, probably just rushed the shot a bit, but it is difficult in general to miss such a shot. Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #406 on: June 15, 2013, 08:22 PM »

I had to go out and came back for the last point.  The damn thing did not record.  I am gutted but will hopefully record the highlights.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #407 on: June 15, 2013, 08:23 PM »

Awful match. Quality was awful.
:confused:Well Connor you obviously didn't appreciate some absolutely brilliant shots by both players, and I thought Andy played some brilliant shots, as did Jo-Wilfred. All I can say is that of course you would have done better, as you have played AND BEATEN Andy in Wimbledon when I think you were probably still in Nappies as it was quite a few years ago!
I for one enjoyed the way Andy weathered the storm on the first set and then came back and played shots that addled Jo-Wilfred's brain, so that he didn't know where to place his shots as they were coming back to him with interest.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #408 on: June 15, 2013, 08:23 PM »

It's a pity Andy doesn't have your experience...  

lmao And exactly my feelings. Easy to be an arm chair critic.

IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #409 on: June 15, 2013, 08:25 PM »

Elly, I was not attacking Andy, probably just rushed the shot a bit, but it is difficult in general to miss such a shot. Rolling Eyes
I know, Connor, but comments like that just sound arsey.  The best of players miss shots they shouldn't every now and again.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #410 on: June 15, 2013, 08:25 PM »

:confused:Well Connor you obviously didn't appreciate some absolutely brilliant shots by both players, and I thought Andy played some brilliant shots, as did Jo-Wilfred. All I can say is that of course you would have done better, as you have played AND BEATEN Andy in Wimbledon when I think you were probably still in Nappies as it was quite a few years ago!
I for one enjoyed the way Andy weathered the storm on the first set and then came back and played shots that addled Jo-Wilfred's brain, so that he didn't know where to place his shots as they were coming back to him with interest.

There was some great shots, particularly the on the line lob. But there was also some 'great' misses, which reduced the quality of the match at the same time.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #411 on: June 15, 2013, 08:27 PM »

Whilst I don't think the match was high quality, can't say it was awful considering the conditions it was played under.

LOL @ Michelle owning connor!
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #412 on: June 15, 2013, 08:27 PM »

I know, Connor, but comments like that just sound arsey.  The best of players miss shots they shouldn't every now and again.

Yes, was never doubting that. But in this match, too many shots they shouldn't have missed were missed.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #413 on: June 15, 2013, 08:28 PM »

Whilst I don't think the match was high quality, can't say it was awful considering the conditions it was played under.

LOL @ Michelle owning connor!

Lol @ Harman owning you, he is just biding his time.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #414 on: June 15, 2013, 08:28 PM »

Yes, was never doubting that. But in this match, too many shots they shouldn't have missed were missed.
Well, I'm sure Andy won't lose any sleep over it.  You shouldn't either.  Very Happy
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #415 on: June 15, 2013, 08:29 PM »

There was some great shots, particularly the on the line lob. But there was also some 'great' misses, which reduced the quality of the match at the same time.
Do you think you get someone to video you playing in a match so that we can see how you play and what a super star you are, with all your shots never missing the line or going into the net.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #416 on: June 15, 2013, 08:29 PM »

Well, I'm sure Andy won't lose any sleep over it.  You shouldn't either.  Very Happy

I won't. I will be happy to forget this match.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #417 on: June 15, 2013, 08:29 PM »

I got in today just as Andy was saving break points in the second set - quite a good point to come in I think! It sounds to me like a classic Andy/Jo match - Jo playing well to go a set up but Andy ultimately stepping up his level. It's a very good win for him considering how short he is of match practice. Looking forward to the final. Smile
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #418 on: June 15, 2013, 08:30 PM »

@ Michelle
Brilliant idea. Prod and Gangsta should settle their differences on the tennis court and we can all watch. clap
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Queens SF: Murray vs Tsonga « Reply #419 on: June 15, 2013, 08:30 PM »

Do you think you get someone to video you playing in a match so that we can see how you play and what a super star you are, with all your shots never missing the line or going into the net.

Your now turning this personal, which is not the intention of my argument. I play worse than Murray, but SOME of those misses were odd.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »