Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  R3 Cincinnati: Murray vs Bogomolov 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Cushions at the ready!  The Rematch!
Andy's bad day at the office the last time these met is a distant memory - Andy in 2. - 12 (92.3%)
It's a case of de ja vu for Andy - Alex in 2. - 0 (0%)
Crisis! What crisis?  Ok a small stutter at the start but a flourish at the end - Andy in 3. - 1 (7.7%)
From a promising start to a mind melt moment - Alex in 3. - 0 (0%)
Is there tennis on?  I'm watching the Test cricket's top ranked team! - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] Go Down Reply
Author

R3 Cincinnati: Murray vs Bogomolov

(Read 3060 times)
MT
Futures Level

Re: R3 Cincinnati: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #135 on: August 18, 2011, 06:04 PM »

Not when you want a broken string no

cmonandy

And then my internet connection wobbles!  Managed to see Andy serve it out though. 

Well done Andy!

1st set infinitely better than the second but a win is a win!

cmon yeah

Back to bed for an hour wave

Glad you will get a bit of sleep! So glad he pulled through - it wouldnt be the same without the odd bit of heart failure along the way.  nervous
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: R3 Cincinnati: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #136 on: August 18, 2011, 06:04 PM »

He's going to lose this set, and the match. Book it.
Got indigestion yet with all those words you're eating?

Yay yay
 yoda:says improve your first serve percentage , you must....Blimey Yoda, didn't think you knew anything about tennis....
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: R3 Cincinnati: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #137 on: August 18, 2011, 06:07 PM »

Got indigestion yet with all those words you're eating?

Yay yay
  :yoda:says improve your first serve percentage , you must....Blimey Yoda, didn't think you knew anything about tennis....

If Phil had to eat his words every time after a Murray match, he would end up like Mr Creosote.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: R3 Cincinnati: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #138 on: August 18, 2011, 06:12 PM »

Well done Andy!
IP Logged
catherine87
Satellite Level

Re: R3 Cincinnati: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #139 on: August 18, 2011, 06:38 PM »

Was this reverse psychology....certainly not a fan of faith if not.

I use reverse psychology on Andy a lot! Wink
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: R3 Cincinnati: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #140 on: August 18, 2011, 06:50 PM »

I use reverse psychology on Andy a lot! Wink
Well it worked!
IP Logged
Murrays_Backhand

Re: R3 Cincinnati: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #141 on: August 18, 2011, 06:55 PM »

Gonna need to up it for Daveeeeed or Gilou still back Andy to do it. And with Rafa in trouble who knows what will happen in a semi?
IP Logged
scrapaddict

Re: R3 Cincinnati: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #142 on: August 18, 2011, 07:07 PM »

Good to see the win but I hate watching Andy when he's frustrated and he was back to swearing again in a match he should have won calmly and easily! Still a win is a win so well done Andy
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: R3 Cincinnati: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #143 on: August 18, 2011, 07:10 PM »

Go Andy well done - battled to get it done in two sets.  They commentators are saying the conditions are brutal so good that he did not get drawn into a three setter.  He is definately getting rid of the rust as each round goes on - lets hopehe can get through the next one.  How inconsistent is Verdasco - he plays a blinding shot then gives the next one away - he is taking Rafa all the way though and that can only be good.
IP Logged
lynne

Re: R3 Cincinnati: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #144 on: August 18, 2011, 07:13 PM »

Well Done Andy.................made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cmon yeah
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: R3 Cincinnati: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #145 on: August 18, 2011, 07:13 PM »

WESTERN & SOUTHERN OPEN

Murray Avenges Bogomolov Jr. Defeat
Cincinnati, U.S.A.
by ATP Staff

Five months on from a humbling defeat at the hands of Alex Bogomolov Jr. in Miami, World No. 4 Andy Murray reaped his revenge as he defeated the No. 50-ranked American 6-2, 7-5 on Thursday in Cincinnati to reach the Western & Southern Open quarter-finals.

The 2008 Cincinnati champion cruised through the opening set with two breaks of serve, but was troubled more in the second set by Bogomolov Jr., who had ousted Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in the previous round. The American rallied from a break down to level at 4-4, but Murray responded with a break in the 11th game before claiming victory in one hour and 41 minutes.

The 24-year-old Murray has bounced back strongly from the surprise opening-round defeated he suffered at the Rogers Cup last week. The Scot, who was runner-up at the Australian Open (l. to Djokovic) and a semi-finalist at Roland Garros and Wimbledon (l. to Nadal both times), improved to a 31-10 match record on the season
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: R3 Cincinnati: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #146 on: August 18, 2011, 08:13 PM »

Andy played well enough to win. He made hard work of the second set. All the big names seem to be making hard work of it. So he is through to the next round. Come on Andy.
IP Logged
MurrayRocks
Veteran

I ♥ my scottish chouchou ...

Re: R3 Cincinnati: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #147 on: August 18, 2011, 09:25 PM »

IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: R3 Cincinnati: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #148 on: August 18, 2011, 09:35 PM »

Glad you will get a bit of sleep! So glad he pulled through - it wouldnt be the same without the odd bit of heart failure along the way.  nervous

Couldn't believe that when I got up the 2nd time that the Spaniards were still playing!  That was a toughy!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: R3 Cincinnati: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #149 on: August 19, 2011, 12:09 PM »

Yes it was some match. Nadal  seemed to be struggleing and was not his usual self. The match was long and he was lucky to win.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »