Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Rafa sticking up for Andy. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Down Reply
Author

Rafa sticking up for Andy.

(Read 4823 times)
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Rafa sticking up for Andy. « Reply #15 on: June 15, 2012, 08:51 AM »

I hope he meets him on center court in the first round.

Definately - let the tennis do the talking!!
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Rafa sticking up for Andy. « Reply #16 on: June 15, 2012, 08:54 AM »

I'm so pleased that a top player like Rafa has publicly supported Andy with such nice words. He should definitely have a better read on Andy's actions than Haas anyway having played him so many more times. Really poor form by Haas to jump on the Andy 'faking injury' bandwagon after the FO. I read somewhere that he also implied Stakhovsky was a faker at the FO, don't know the details though.

Andy's right about people always criticising him - usually it's his on-court demeanour but if he's quiet on court, then I imagine they'll talk about how he touches his knee or back between points. Journalists and ex-players used to urge him to play more aggressively and get a coach; now he's got some questioning how long Lendl will stick around for. It's endless but Andy definitely seems to have the right attitude towards it and just ignores it which is the best option.

IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Rafa sticking up for Andy. « Reply #17 on: June 15, 2012, 08:58 AM »

What is Rafa defending Andy about?  The accusations of faking injury by Tommy Haas?  (And the writer of the article/Haas can't even get the name of Andy's opponent right - Tipsarevic it wasn't!)

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/d7KL1?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=tennis

Comments below are quite funny though (unless you're Chris Chase)
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Rafa sticking up for Andy. « Reply #18 on: June 15, 2012, 09:45 AM »

This is why I love Rafa tender
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Rafa sticking up for Andy. « Reply #19 on: June 15, 2012, 10:04 AM »

Love Raffa, it also says in the paper today that Murray has been told by the Doctor not to play doubles with Jamie at Queens because his back still hasnt settled down, and it needs resting before Wimbeldon, so for all those people that keep saying his backs fine now , backs don't just suddenly get better!!
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Rafa sticking up for Andy. « Reply #20 on: June 15, 2012, 01:07 PM »

Well done Rafa, good on him for speaking out and telling the media Andy is a nice 100% honest bloke.
You can certainly see why Andy is so guarded around the media, it almost feels like he is so clean living and normal – so there are no sensational story lines there – let’s just scrape the very bottom of the barrel and make something out of nothing.  Not helped by vindictive “haas beens” writing the tabloid headlines for them !!

I used to respect Tommy Haas and feel sorry for his career blighted by injuries – I can see why he feels quite strongly about faked injuries due to what he has been through but get your facts right Tommy before shooting your mouth off to the media.
 It is obvious Andy is struggling with back issues, now compounded by Jamie’s reasoning for him pulling out of the doubles.  Give the guy a break.

Was just thinking about the AO SF in the third set Djoko looked like he was going to need resuscitation and a month in an Iron Lung at one point.  Next thing he’s retrieving tennis balls from outside the arena!!!!  Whilst I would not call this faking it is kidology and nobody says anything about that.

As much as I like Rafa (especially now!!) he uses medical timeouts to his advantage – have you ever seen Muzza do this?

The media just look to twist everything he does and take every opportunity to run him down:-

Would love to see a Murray v Haas match at Wimbledon with a scoreline of 6-1, 6-1, 6-0, take those two breadsticks and a bagel, shove them in that big gob of yours and cheerio !!!!

IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Rafa sticking up for Andy. « Reply #21 on: June 15, 2012, 01:07 PM »

Wouldn't normally root for Berdych, but hope he gives Haas a good spanking today. whip
IP Logged
reef
Junior

coral reef

Re: Rafa sticking up for Andy. « Reply #22 on: June 15, 2012, 01:24 PM »

Strange thing sport....yes, I agree Andy's back is probably more worrying than we realise and is impacting on all aspects of his game at the moment - physical and psychological.  I wonder what they are saying in the golf world about Rory McIlroys recent dip in form?  The only difference is he has won a major.

Rafa is to be commended on his loyalty to other players...and consistently to Andy.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Rafa sticking up for Andy. « Reply #23 on: June 15, 2012, 01:46 PM »

I wonder what they are saying in the golf world about Rory McIlroys recent dip in form?  The only difference is he has won a major.
Yeah.. and Nick Faldo went through 3 years of transition and terrible form before his new swing finally delivered the goods. Every time I see the words "forehand" and "Lendl" I keep thinking there are parallels with the Nick Faldo/David Leadbetter partnership. 

http://www.worldgolfhalloffame.org/hof/member.php?member=1014
Faldo won 10 titles in 1975 as an amateur and joined the European Tour the following season. Over the next eight years, he displayed a superb short game and putting stroke in winning several tournaments and establishing his career-long brilliance in the Ryder Cup. But Faldo seemed to fail in the crucible of the major championships, and this did not sit well with his perfectionist nature. At the 1983 British Open at Birkdale, another final-round collapse convinced Faldo that if he was ever going to win majors, he needed to overhaul his swing. Enlisting swing coach David Leadbetter in 1984, Faldo implored the instructor to "Throw the book at me." For the next three years, he toiled through poor performance as he went through the rigors of a risky mid-career swing change. But the swing that emerged, which emphasized the large muscles of the body in conformance with Leadbetter's overriding tenet that "the dog wags the tail," was more solid, more repeatable and more reliable. Faldo's victory at Muirfield in 1987 was the validation, and the five majors that followed have been the proof.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Rafa sticking up for Andy. « Reply #24 on: June 15, 2012, 01:54 PM »

Given that Andy is right up there with Federer to have called the trainer the least amount of times and have always been very fair to his opponents, he really should be given the benefit of the doubt here. I am not sure why Haas decided to give his voice on this trivial matter. I thought he was better than this. Maybe he just needs some attention as his career is now near end and it’s possible he probably doesn’t even like Andy to begin with or maybe he genuinely felt Andy was wrong on this matter etc., who knows, really.

As to Nadal, I frankly don’t care what he has to say and not too surprised that he’s openly giving his support to Andy. While apparently it seems sweet, he has his intention being the worst offender of all. If anything, I’d hope Andy isn’t learning anything from the disguised master of his.  It’s really time Andy steer clears any bad company he has and be his own man, stands alone and set new excellent examples as world class athlete. I have a reason why I supported a player like Sampras all my life.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Rafa sticking up for Andy. « Reply #25 on: June 15, 2012, 02:05 PM »

Given that Andy is right up there with Federer to have called the trainer the least amount of times and have always been very fair to his opponents, he really should be given the benefit of the doubt here. I am not sure why Haas decided to give his voice on this trivial matter. I thought he was better than this. Maybe he just needs some attention as his career is now near end and it’s possible he probably doesn’t even like Andy to begin with or maybe he genuinely felt Andy was wrong on this matter etc., who knows, really.

As to Nadal, I frankly don’t care what he has to say and not too surprised that he’s openly giving his support to Andy. While apparently it seems sweet, he has his intention being the worst offender of all. If anything, I’d hope Andy isn’t learning anything from the disguised master of his.  It’s really time Andy steer clears any bad company he has and be his own man, stands alone and set new excellent examples as world class athlete. I have a reason why I supported a player like Sampras all my life.

Exactly, this is really f**king unfair.
he rarely gets the trainer out and unlike Federer almost never cites an injury as a reason he has lost.
The fact that he is a bit of a drama queen is a completely different issue to the accusation that he "fakes" injuries.
That is a god damn lie and slander.
Also if you are put off by Andy clutching at various body parts then clearly you are not good enough to be focussed enough on the task at hand.
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: Rafa sticking up for Andy. « Reply #26 on: June 15, 2012, 02:17 PM »

There are certain people who in the eyes of others are easy targets and it seem our boy is one of them... why I do not know

I think they have a go because they know Andy isn't as popular (with fans) on the tour as Rafa and Fed.  Have a go at Rafa or Fed and you're likely to get some hostile receptions the next time you play them.  Don't think the same thing will happen if he has to play Andy.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Rafa sticking up for Andy. « Reply #27 on: June 15, 2012, 04:16 PM »

I think they have a go because they know Andy isn't as popular (with fans) on the tour as Rafa and Fed.  Have a go at Rafa or Fed and you're likely to get some hostile receptions the next time you play them.  Don't think the same thing will happen if he has to play Andy.

Andy is an easy target for sure. Had Federer or Nadal done it, then no player would have talked about it. This would have been very hush hush among players but no one would have openly talked about it. But give Andy a few Slams especially beating Fedal, things will change overnight. I remember before 2011, Nole was at the end of the stick as well but things have changed considerably ever since Nole started showing a lot of balls on court. I am not saying that players aren’t entitled to their opinion, but I think they should also know where there are coming from and see if they are being totally fair in their assessment of other players before shooting their mouths off.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Rafa sticking up for Andy. « Reply #28 on: June 15, 2012, 04:30 PM »

Exactly, this is really f**king unfair.
he rarely gets the trainer out and unlike Federer almost never cites an injury as a reason he has lost.
The fact that he is a bit of a drama queen is a completely different issue to the accusation that he "fakes" injuries.
That is a god damn lie and slander.
Also if you are put off by Andy clutching at various body parts then clearly you are not good enough to be focussed enough on the task at hand.

I really believe that a lot of Andy's "antics", the reason why he's called a drama queen, would go away once he finds that perfect balance on court, so until then I guess some people will always be very critical of him. If he were to stay quiet and go on about his business win or loss, then probably that wouldn't have opened so many doors for others to criticize him, but as it turns out, sometimes Andy himself is sort of responsible for it. But then again there are times when he's absolutely in no win situation and there, Andy can’t do nothing right.

Anyway, Haas is now almost a has been (and so is his wife as much as she seeks attenion through her husband), so he shouldn't be taken seriously. Andy should not let this bother him.
[ Last edit by Emma Jean June 15, 2012, 05:13 PM ] IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Rafa sticking up for Andy. « Reply #29 on: June 15, 2012, 06:29 PM »

I really think that the ATP need to fine players when they wrongly accuse players of faking or cheating. Tommy Haas has not acted professionally and needs to be made to face up to it. He was very quick to open his mouth to the press perhaps he needs now to retract his statement and apologise. If he faced a fine then this would stop players giving their libelous statements to the media.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »