Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Rafa sticking up for Andy. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Reply
Author

Rafa sticking up for Andy.

(Read 4566 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rafa sticking up for Andy. « Reply #60 on: July 14, 2012, 11:06 PM »

When I told a friend that Andy has been go-karting he said he was surprised he was allowed to!  Could you imagine it if he injured himself?
Andy's been go-karting for a few years now so he's very experienced, and I've been assured that if you wear the right protective gear, then that will greatly minimise the chance of injury ... Whistle

I'm more concerned that he says he still plays football.  Not the best way to avoid leg injuries!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Rafa sticking up for Andy. « Reply #61 on: July 15, 2012, 04:48 PM »

Well that's sort of reassuring!   But I guess we can't wrap the lad in cotton wool.  Whistle
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Rafa sticking up for Andy. « Reply #62 on: July 15, 2012, 05:35 PM »

When I told a friend that Andy has been go-karting he said he was surprised he was allowed to!  Could you imagine it if he injured himself?

"allowed to" lol he is a grown man Whistle

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rafa sticking up for Andy. « Reply #63 on: July 15, 2012, 06:35 PM »

Well that's sort of reassuring!   But I guess we can't wrap the lad in cotton wool.  Whistle
Indeed not.  A lot of players participate in other sports, and Djokovic goes ski-ing as well.

However Fed said in a recent interview that the only other sport he'll play, in case he hurts himeslf, is table tennis. Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Rafa sticking up for Andy. « Reply #64 on: July 15, 2012, 06:53 PM »

^ LOL, Aileen. Yeah, I know Djoko wouldn't agree to a skiing ban in his contract as he loves it too much. And if Andy loves go-karting, he should, well, go. It seems silly to sacrifice enjoyable hobbies if you can participate in them once and a while with caution.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Rafa sticking up for Andy. « Reply #65 on: July 15, 2012, 09:14 PM »

"allowed to" lol he is a grown man Whistle

it was said with irony my dear  Whistle
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Rafa sticking up for Andy. « Reply #66 on: July 16, 2012, 04:27 PM »

Hi All,

I think it's good if players have another interest outside of the tennis. It must surely help them deal with the stress and strain of life on the tour. In Andy's case it could be a heck of a lot worse. I'm glad he's never expressed an interest in giving the boxing a go! I can't speak for him, but MY nerves wouldn't stand it!

My head refuses to get around the image of Federer playing table tennis.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Rafa sticking up for Andy. « Reply #67 on: July 16, 2012, 05:12 PM »

I honestly don't get why Federer is so obsessed with tennis. What's he gonna do after he retires? That is if he retires. *shudder*
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Rafa sticking up for Andy. « Reply #68 on: July 16, 2012, 05:47 PM »

I honestly don't get why Federer is so obsessed with tennis. What's he gonna do after he retires? That is if he retires. *shudder*

Oh don't! What a thought!

No, no, I must learn. I might have to give myself lines you know. I can imagine being told to write a hundred lines of 'You must be nice to Roger'......ugh!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rafa sticking up for Andy. « Reply #69 on: July 16, 2012, 06:57 PM »

Hate to tell you this but Federer has apparently already organised his kit design for the 2016 Olympics ... w00t
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Rafa sticking up for Andy. « Reply #70 on: July 16, 2012, 07:09 PM »

I have to give respect to the fact that Fed still loves what he does, is still good at it, and plans to do it for as long as he can or wants.  And can make a mint at the same time.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rafa sticking up for Andy. « Reply #71 on: July 16, 2012, 07:28 PM »

Just so long as he keeps that arrogant mouth of his shut, he can play for as long as he likes, but the thought of having "ME" droning on for years to come doesn't appeal.  Anyway I can't see him continuing if he gets thrown out of the top 10, unless he plays with the seniors.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Rafa sticking up for Andy. « Reply #72 on: July 16, 2012, 07:29 PM »

Hate to tell you this but Federer has apparently already organised his kit design for the 2016 Olympics ... w00t

I think I might just go and stick my head in the oven.

Then again, his leg speed will probably be gone by then, so how effective will he be? If he can do it good on him (she says through gritted teeth) but I'd be surprised.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rafa sticking up for Andy. « Reply #73 on: July 16, 2012, 08:10 PM »

I think I might just go and stick my head in the oven.

Then again, his leg speed will probably be gone by then, so how effective will he be? If he can do it good on him (she says through gritted teeth) but I'd be surprised.
Well Connors, Sampras and Agassi went on successfully into their 30s, but the game now is much more phyiscal than it was even a few years ago, although Fed's such a good player I'm sure he can get round speed issues.  Still, I can see him exiting at least the top 5 in the next couple of years given some of the young talent that's coming through, not to mention a much improving Andy, and hopefully he won't like that. pray
IP Logged
Crisstti

Re: Rafa sticking up for Andy. « Reply #74 on: July 18, 2012, 06:37 AM »

Didn't Federer said he wants to get to 20 slams?.  Whenever Rafa is injured his chances if winning a slam increase... a lot, and he knows it.  And Rafa, unfortunately, does with relative regularity either misses a slam or play it physically diminished.  I really think he's taking this into consideration.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »