Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships 2011 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Reply
Author

Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships 2011

(Read 2112 times)
Bailey
Satellite Level

Come on Andy!!!!

Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships 2011 « on: September 25, 2011, 02:14 PM »

come on andy!!!! Very Happy Smile
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships 2011 « Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 03:41 PM »

Andy and Jamie are due to be playing doubles here.
IP Logged
Bailey
Satellite Level

Come on Andy!!!!

Re: Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships 2011 « Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 09:18 AM »

1st round: Baghdatis
2nd round: Nieminen or Bogomolov jr
Quarter Finals: Nalbandian or Monaco
Semi Finals: Ferrer or Stepanek
Final: Nadal or Fish
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships 2011 « Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 01:16 PM »

Easy peasy then!!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships 2011 « Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 12:30 AM »

No byes then - not sure how long it takes from Bangkok to Tokyo?  This could be quite a testing 500, which all being well, should make good training for the masters.  But as Aileen said on another thread just hope Andy doesn't tire himself out rushing from one to the other especially with the dubs.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships 2011 « Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 11:24 AM »

Baghdatis has to travel from Kuala Lumpur - they might both be a bit tired in the first round.
IP Logged
Bailey
Satellite Level

Come on Andy!!!!

Re: Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships 2011 « Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 11:39 AM »

hope they play on tuesday
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships 2011 « Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 12:02 PM »

Baghdatis has to travel from Kuala Lumpur - they might both be a bit tired in the first round.
Baggy just lost to Tipsy in KL. Shame about that, as
 I like ol'Marcos.
I dont fancy his chances against Andy either.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships 2011 « Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 06:29 PM »

Quote from the website ATP:

Long-Awaited Return - Andy Murray returns to Tokyo for the first time since falling in the second round (l. to Novak) on his 2006 debut. The Scot is bidding for his second title on Asian soil after winning 2010 Shanghai.

Rafa is defending his title, so he will mean business! Who knows how he'll deal with this mentally.  Shrug
Hope he exhibits better selfcontrol this time.  He plays much better that way.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships 2011 « Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 12:30 AM »

Baggy just lost to Tipsy in KL. Shame about that, as
 I like ol'Marcos.
I dont fancy his chances against Andy either.

I like Marcos too but when he's playing Andy I'm afraid that goes out of the window.  So good luck to Andy.
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships 2011 « Reply #10 on: October 03, 2011, 04:15 AM »

Congrats Andy well done in Thailand, now take that win and continue your find play against Bagdatis.  Do your magic Mr. Magic and may the force be with you....   udaman cmonandy
IP Logged
Bailey
Satellite Level

Come on Andy!!!!

Re: Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships 2011 « Reply #11 on: October 03, 2011, 05:05 AM »

some people think that Andy will win Tokyo Smile Very Happy
http://sportschatplace.com/tennis/tyrone/2011/october/3/rakuten-japan-open-tennis-championships/
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships 2011 « Reply #12 on: October 03, 2011, 05:10 AM »

No byes then - not sure how long it takes from Bangkok to Tokyo?  This could be quite a testing 500, which all being well, should make good training for the masters.  But as Aileen said on another thread just hope Andy doesn't tire himself out rushing from one to the other especially with the dubs.
Approx 5 and a half hours.

Also a reminder, since this is where we get into the complications of time-zone hopping, that whereas Bangkok was 6 hours ahead of us, Tokyo is 8, then Shanghai is 7!

I wasn't happy about Andy playing the doubles here to begin with and I'm even less happy now that he doesn't have the benefit of a bye because he will almost certainly play his singles match on Tuesday and, assuming he reaches the final, we're talking about 5 singles matches in addition to the doubles.  Also the opposition here is stronger than it was in Bangkok, which in turn could mean longer and tougher matches.  He's looking very fit but I'd prefer that was able to conserve some more energy before embarking on the defence of his title in Shanghai.  However, that's his choice, so good luck Andy (and Jamie too)! cmon yeah

I'm not going to predict a possible winner, but I did notice two words in that article when referring to Andy - "brain cramps".  Hopefully we won't see too many of these mental lapses, so Andy please keep saying to yourself - FOCUS!!
[ Last edit by Aileen October 03, 2011, 05:32 AM ] IP Logged
Bailey
Satellite Level

Come on Andy!!!!

Re: Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships 2011 « Reply #13 on: October 03, 2011, 06:24 AM »

i dont really mind if he doesnt do well here because he has got a lot of points to defend in shanghai and we dont want him tired coming into that tournament
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships 2011 « Reply #14 on: October 03, 2011, 09:29 AM »

Andy posted on FB about an hour ago:-

"Just about to have a hit here in Tokyo Smile Playing dubs with Jamie tomorrow then singles on Wednesday. Weather still good back home??"
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »