Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's Ranking 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will andys ranking be @ end 2014?
Worse

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 599 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's Ranking

(Read 325026 times)
American Twist
Challenger Level

Yo soy . . . soy un faaaauno!

Re: Ranking next week... « Reply #150 on: February 22, 2007, 11:19 PM »

Andy defended his points today, so he remains in front of Ferrer.  Tomorrow will be eventful.  If Haas wis that puts him ahead of Andy for the week, but Haas has a big challenger in young Sam Querrey. Ferrer and Djokovic are also playing to pick up points.   I think Ferrer plays Youzhny and Djokovic plays Robredo, so all those matches should be competitive. 
[ Last edit by American Twist February 22, 2007, 11:21 PM ] IP Logged
Tommy
World No 1

woo hoo

Re: Ranking next week... « Reply #151 on: February 22, 2007, 11:20 PM »

C;mon Haas! (sorry. I like Querrey a lot, but Tommy is my idol)
IP Logged
American Twist
Challenger Level

Re: Ranking next week... « Reply #152 on: February 23, 2007, 10:59 AM »

Looking ahead to next week, Andy will be out of action.  But, the Dubai tournament is next week, with Haas, Berdych, Ferrer, Djokovic, and Baghdatis all scheduled to participate.  None of those players are defending significant points in Dubai, so there is a good chance that Andy could fall a spot during his week off.  If he manages to pass Berdych and/or Haas this week, there is a good chance they will overtake him the following week. He might have to reach the final in Memphis just to keep his #13 during his week off.
IP Logged
American Twist
Challenger Level

Re: Ranking next week... « Reply #153 on: February 23, 2007, 11:31 AM »

Ferrer lost, so next week, Andy's ranking:

At best: #11
At worst: #14

But, the following week, Ferrer can pass Andy with a good enough result in Dubai, even if Andy wins Memphis. 
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: Ranking next week... « Reply #154 on: February 23, 2007, 11:50 AM »

Not bothered too much about that on a week off really. Especially if Andy gets in good rest and prep for Indian Wells that the other guys won't have. I thought about going to Dubai last year... might yet at some point. Got folks I know out there so it's a cheap holiday.
IP Logged
mackym
Challenger Level

Re: Ranking next week... « Reply #155 on: February 23, 2007, 01:16 PM »

true, but others will probably also gain points, so I still think it's a tall order. For Miami. For Late April I'm very confident.

I understand your conservative perspective but consider the following:

If Andy wins here in Memphis (beats Koubek, Roddick and Haas - all achieveable), and bags a QF at one of the Masters and a very average 4th round at the other he will have:

1650 + 250 (-60) + 125 (-20) + 75 (-5) = 2015 pts. Right now that would be 10th. If Murray wins Memphis Haas will have lost points, Nalbandian is rusty I'm sure, and Ferrer is nowhere near tournie winning form off clay. I think this is very achievable - top ten by Monday 26th March!!!

I'm standing by it.
IP Logged
nads
Seed

My Fav AM Pic!

Re: Ranking next week... « Reply #156 on: February 23, 2007, 01:59 PM »

I have to admit, you put forward a very good case. Let's hope you're right, and I'm too conservative  yay

I'm a bit short on time at the mo, so haven't checked out Dubai yet - are any of the current 8-15 playing there and able to make lots of new points? If not, the chances for 26/3 increase.
[ Last edit by nads February 23, 2007, 02:00 PM ] IP Logged
American Twist
Challenger Level

Re: Ranking next week... « Reply #157 on: February 23, 2007, 02:35 PM »

I understand your conservative perspective but consider the following:

If Andy wins here in Memphis (beats Koubek, Roddick and Haas - all achieveable), and bags a QF at one of the Masters and a very average 4th round at the other he will have:

1650 + 250 (-60) + 125 (-20) + 75 (-5) = 2015 pts. Right now that would be 10th. If Murray wins Memphis Haas will have lost points, Nalbandian is rusty I'm sure, and Ferrer is nowhere near tournie winning form off clay. I think this is very achievable - top ten by Monday 26th March!!!

I'm standing by it.

It seems premature to me.  Consider that to reach the QF in a Masters event, he may have to beat Federer.  It depends on the draw.  Djokovic has a good shot to pass Andy, complicating matters.  And Andy hasn't won Memphis yet.  All it take is one bad day for this scenario to fall apart.  It could happen, but a lot of things have to break right. 
IP Logged
netcord
Top Seed

Miles who?

Re: Ranking next week... « Reply #158 on: February 23, 2007, 02:53 PM »

Consider that to reach the QF in a Masters event, he may have to beat Federer. 

Long odds as the top 16 won't play each other before the round prior to QF (top 8 v 8-16, in theory), taking into account withdrawals the odds are stacked against. Andy's record against the top 5/10 is superb anyway.... cmon yeah Not saying it's do-able, but  I'd put money on him being top 10 by end March!! Will check the odds and report back Think
IP Logged
nads
Seed

My Fav AM Pic!

Re: Ranking next week... « Reply #159 on: February 23, 2007, 08:34 PM »

Well Haas made it to SF, so no way for Andy to overtake him this week... Frown
IP Logged
American Twist
Challenger Level

Re: Ranking next week... « Reply #160 on: February 23, 2007, 09:43 PM »

At best #12
At worst #14
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Ranking next week... « Reply #161 on: February 24, 2007, 01:42 AM »

but Haas has a big challenger in young Sam Querrey.
Does. not. compute.
IP Logged
American Twist
Challenger Level

Re: Ranking next week... « Reply #162 on: February 24, 2007, 08:21 AM »

Does. not. compute.

Querrey is big, you have to at least give me that.
IP Logged
nads
Seed

My Fav AM Pic!

Re: Ranking next week... « Reply #163 on: February 24, 2007, 11:26 AM »

It's quite simple now: if he win's he'll be 12, otherwise he'll be 13 or 14 depending on whether Djoko goes one better than him or not.
IP Logged
AL1874
Top Seed

What was I drinking last night?

Re: Ranking next week... « Reply #164 on: February 24, 2007, 11:52 AM »

It's quite simple now: if he win's he'll be 12, otherwise he'll be 13 or 14 depending on whether Djoko goes one better than him or not.

The last two weeks have been great and Andy has done well to be in a position to retain his rank of 13th or improve to 12th   clap

But it is the compulsory Masters events in Indian Wells and Miami with only 25 pts to defend that the major advances in rankings will be made. I would be disappointed if Andy did not achieve a top ten position after these events given his current run off good form. yay
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 599 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »